PL L FA Premier League

Brighton & Hove Albion 3:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 19 August 2018

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I think the post-Ferguson nadir was LVG vs Bournemouth away when all the kids were near enough thrown under the bus. That was the match that led me to join the forum. This was pretty close.

DocRockter

Individual mistakes, nothing more.. Get Matic and Alexis back and then we'll see whos who..

Jerch

It's one game guys, we were loosing 3-1 against Fulham under Fergie too.

saivet

The sooner Mourinho is gone the better. That was reminiscent of plenty of games last season.

He can moan about not having the players, but he had a squad today more than capable of creating chances against Brighton yet we looked toothless.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's getting harder and harder to support José, today was abysmal and to be honest I'm running out of excuses for the team and the manager. If we're sitting outside the top 4 by October and things aren't looking positive then I'm afraid José has to go and I'm saying this as someone who think he's a top manager. If we're not even defensively good, what are we?

acnumber9

Well that was shambolic. Poor team selection, poor tactics and bad substitutions. Mourinho deserves criticism for it but that shouldn’t absolve the players. They are pathetic. Collective lack of balls and ability. I’m not sure I can share the optimism that we just need a more attack minded manager and everything will be sunshine and lollipops.

Chairman Steve

Get ready for a grilling in the press this week. Mourinho, Woodward and the players should all come under the spotlight for all their different reasons.

The lack of backing in transfers yet persisting with the manager, leading to the manager being miserable as sin which has seemingly lead to the players playing so abjectly.

Reddy Rederson

I want to be positive, but that was a shockingly bad performance. There’s no pointing the finger at Jose either, the players should be able to play better than that regardless of training. No leaders taking charge on the pitch, pointing fingers, demanding better. Poor, just poor.

DevilRed

Starting to think that its not going to work out this season.

That was a rude awakening. A continuation of the poor football on show against leicester last week.

The manner in which our defence capitulated in the first half was terrible. Lindelof and Bailly both to blame but so were our wingers/fullbacks. Too easy for brighton to get in behind and put in crosses.

I was really hoping Mourinho could turn it around. Seems like our players just lack the concentration and cohesion to do it. We really have no semblance of attack. We also sit deep and never press the opponents allowing them to play and string together dangerous balls near our box. Its completely unlike any Mourinho side I've seen.

The only thing we can wish for is that we somehow wake up and play the way we are capable against spurs.

I can see why alot of people are calling for Zidane now. If Mourinho cant fix the attack, AND we're not keeping clean sheets then its clearly not working. I still have faith we can improve.

Nico87

After that I'd be forcing one of our centre halves to report Harry Kane to the police for harassment, see if we can get a frivolous restraining order against him that prevents him from coming to Old Trafford while they investigate.

Cloud7

Two years in, and we still look as if the manager took over last week. There’s no coherency in our play, no sign of a proper plan, no signs of where we’re trying to go as a team.

Marcus

It is the start of the season and usually you get a couple of upset results as teams are not up to full speed. Unfortunately, City, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool did not get that memo. This is gonna be a long season.

mancan92

Jose 3rd season

Players lacking confidence
Manager creating a bad team atmosphere
Results no longer justifying the shit on a stick football
Best players performing horribly
Media circus

It happens over and over. Need him to leave now before our season is completely over.

The_Order

Shameful display all round, DDG won't save us this season.

A team of our stature should not be inviting so much pressure and backing off teams like Brighton.

Jose is finished at the top, he's a good tactician, but a sorry excuse for a coach. The board should be working overtime to get Zidane in for the next season

Roboc7

Not surprised by those kind of performances there will be plenty more. In games where we don’t get the first goal we look lost.

Sadly that is probably last time this season we will be level on points with city, that 3 point gap will only get bigger.

Get In Scholesy

It was a game of moments.

Lukaku misses the chance early

Brighton score 2 of 2 cornere. 1 from a horrid back pass from Bailly.

We get one back immediately after then concede a horrible penatly which was almost saved.

Broke the teams precious spirit and played like shit the rest of the way.

On to Spurs.

Festive Sandvich

No coating it, that was levels below the performance expected from a teamsheet like that.

Individual mistakes aren't Jose's fault, the lack of a plan to build pressure or attacking threat to get back in to the game, other than booting it to the big lads upfront most certainly is. It's a no from me, Jose gotta go.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
I don't think it was that bad.

We just need to play with a much increased intensity from the start and cut out those individual mistakes.

El Zoido

We’ve completed our transformation in to Liverpool of the 90’s/00’s.

RedElf

Keystone cops defending. Terrible in midfield who can't support defense or find a quality pass. Only supply to forwards is hoof ball. Slowly eroding SAF's legacy each passing game.

Castia

Shocking performance.

No style of play or attacking threat what so ever, we’re so far behind other clubs it’s ridiculous.

I don’t understand how we could look so clueless, almost amateur like at times.

RedNed77

It was shit, but it’s ridiculous to be hooking up the Jose out bandwagon at this stage. Some perspective lads.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Crucial penalty. Put you above Brighton in the table.

This could be a fun season.

Smithy89

Shocking performance, defence was awful and we have no idea how to attack.

Yet fans will still say Jose is the right man, maybe the same mob who defended LVG until the end. The club has no direction, one awful mistake after another.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I’d like you to imagine that for years you said Mourinho wasn’t suited for this club.

And you’re called a WUM.

I’d like you to imagine that you say he plays negative football and is boring

And you’re called a WUM.

I’d like you to imagine you constantly mention Mourinho’s third year meltdown.

And you’re called a WUM.

I’d like you to imagine you knew this would happen. You were certain of it and you saw your club making a huge mistake and the heartbreak it would inevitably cause.

And you’re called a WUM and given a “hilarious” nickname. “The special One”

Some of you asked for this. I have no sympathy for you. Some of us fought heart and soul for the club, they feel ten times worse.

waza7111

We're crap and I can't see us finishing in the top 4. City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea are all better. The squad is weak and we didn't bother to improve it.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That is the easiest win Brighton will have all season

NK86

I don't understand how our tram cannot do anything worthwhile in the opposition box. I mean are our players that bad? Do they forget the basics? What is the problem? Surely not all can be laid on Jose's feet (and I am one of those who thinks he isn't the right manager for us).

Do the players not care about a defeat? Have we too become a club where players only care about what they earn and the social media rather than actually performing on the pitch.

All said and done, Jose is the only person in that group (apart from Carrick) who seems to have any sort of pride and will to win. The players looked like they were on a trip to Disneyland.

AndyJ1985

It was shit, but it’s ridiculous to be hooking up the Jose out bandwagon at this stage. Some perspective lads.
Ok, some perspective... It's his third season and we're still a shambolic mess of a team. Jose out.

Player Ratings

3.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 553 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 36% Brighton 0:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Brighton 0:3 Man Utd