PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Burnley

Post-match discussion

Sat, 29 October 2016

That would have only been a good watch if we scored. Now it's dropped points from yet another frustrating game. Played some really good stuff today. Our finishing is just criminal at the moment.

dove

I don't believe in this shit but I think we are cursed.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
People will take it positively, but much like the Stoke game, it just further emphasises we lack the individual ability to break down teams like this. It's probably there in players like Martial and Mkhitaryan, but they don't yet seem to interest our manager for some reason.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Clattenburg an incompetent attention-seeking cnut.

Performance had everything. Zlatan remains a huge problem. Missing far too many sitters.

Looking like a struggle for top 4 and with even a half-decent finisher we'd be top of the league or thereabouts.

Skywarden

The one star forward we bring in is of course hitting his shittiest form at a time when he needs to carry us.

We created a lot, and fair play to Heaton for playing out of his skin, but we need to bury one of those chances. No excuses.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Amazing game. Gotta laugh really. :lol:

Performance was fantastic, just couldn't score. Lot of positives though.

Taking our best player off was clearly a terrible idea though.

Dominos

Scored 1 goal in our last 4 PL games. It's almost as if our striker is out of form and for some reason we keep playing him.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Zlatan needs to be dropped. Rooney needs to stay on the bench. Mata needs to be play every minute. Mkhitaryan needs to be given a chance.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
We played very well - anyone that says otherwise obviously didn't watch the game, but just the score. We could've had 5 goals today, if we've been a bit more clinical and a bit less unlucky. Reminded me of some games during Fergie - loads of pressure, but just couldn't buy a goal.

Siorac

What the feck.

How did we not win this. HOW.

I'm baffled. I'm not sure I've ever seen a game like this. This is the Stoke game multiplied by ten. What the actual feck.

Herrera's second yellow was incredibly harsh. He slipped, it wasn't malicious or even reckless.

MDFC Manager

Could have won if Mourinho didn't chicken out, taking off our best player and putting in our worst. Who then duly performed to their level. Sickening, when it was such a good watch till then.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
This time last year I would have given my left arm for a performance like that.

Honestly thought we were fantastic, against a very resolute Burnley (They are no mugs)

Our wingers still doesn't seem right (probably because Rashford isn't a winger) and our full backs don't seem to bomb forward with pace

But we pass the ball with good quality with this team. Stick at it, it will come.

Member 5225

If we can't score week after week after week, it's not a coincidence anymore.
We need a planB and try new approaches, systems, personnel IMO

Castia

I haven't seen the match but feck me more points dropped. We are fecking terrible.

Ibi Dreams

Absurd match. I'm pissed off but it's not even at the players or the manager since we played extremely well. We seriously need to start taking more of our chances though, this is not the first time it's happened this season

Mr. Ant

WTF? Heaton booked for time wasting and nothing is added on?

We're cursed aren't we? Good performance, created a lot of chances and we can't beat shite teams?

I trust Jose, we're improving but if we won't start winning matches we'll have to win the Europa league if we want to be in the CL next season..

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Cursed to feck. We are the new Milan/Liverpool.

Fergie must have sold his soul for the success he had.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Should have hammered them. My god. Sickening. Burnley were a pub team.

I think we are just missing that edge from all the games we are playing.

Have to give Zlatan a break. Hes not concentrating.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Exceptionally bad finishing. Top 4 is out of sight now.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Annoyed and irritated with that result, people say we don't play with tempo or create chances and then you have a game like that. Just can't believe our terrible luck game after game. Two of our best performances this season and we've come with a point apiece in both games.

Mourinho doesn't help with his terrible substitutions either, subbing Mata off completely killed our momentum. We're eighth in the table now with GD of +1 and Watford above us, 7pts from top 4, just not good enough. Mourinho needs more quality in final third and getting his best players into the XI would be a start.

Eriku

How the feck does one of the world's supposedly best coaches not see that Fellaini and Rooney bring down the tempo, Mata keeps it up, and yet he opts to take him off and get them on when we're down to 10 men and chasing a goal?!

Clattenburg is absolute fecking shit. Never a penalty, but got plenty other decisions wrong.

I'm a big fan of Ibra, and his link-up play was great at times, but how many fuciking huge chances does he need?!

I fecking hate this shit... I'm at fecking melt-down point... I want to break shit right now.

AkaAkuma&

Bench Zlatan, get Rashford at the center and start Martial or Mkhi or both at the next game.

NK86

An honorable mention to that twat Clattenburg for ensuring Burnley have 12 men on the field.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Zlatan needs to be dropped. Come on, 9 games without a goal and yet Jose keeps playing him. I prefer Martial or Rushford leading the line. Overrated, over paid, over the hill striker.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
What can you say. 37 shots, keeper saves 11. 19 corners and 72% possession despite being man down.

Zlatan had a host of chances to score, defenders blocked a lot of shot and Rooney could have made a come back but he fully cemented to the last set of people that have faith in him that he's completely done.

It was an unbelievable game where we probably should have had a penalty as well and got a very unfair 2nd yellow card.

People can bitch and moan about Mourinh or substitutions but they frankly didn't affect us negatively as we had plenty of chances after every change.

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 468 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 32% Man Utd 2:0 Burnley
  • 30% Man Utd 3:0 Burnley