PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Burnley

Post-match discussion

Sat, 29 October 2016

Ban

I think Ibra is suspended for Swansea. Right?

We were good but we just can't score and it's turning out to be a major problem.

Mata sub didn't help either.

Twattenburg did all he could to hurt us. That yellow for Ander was utterly ridiculous.

reddevil702

Missing something we haven't had since the last title campaign... a clinical striker!

Billy Jim

Top 4 chances done.

That felt 10 times worse than Chelsea. Absolutely raging.

Devil may care

On the positive side it least it wasn't like our LvG 0-0's, the football we played was exciting and crisp.

This was worse than the Stoke game for failing to convert chances, and as soon as we lost Herrera and Mata to be repalced by two lumbering lumps it became harder, yet Pogba still put one last chance on a plate for Ibra to fluff.

CS@SG

No point blaming the ref, blaming the red card, 37 shots, 11 on target yet can't score, blame ourselves.

Irrational.

This was like the Stoke game, but ten times worse.

We could've played another 90 minutes and those game-raising thundercunts would've denied us.

It just wasn't meant to be.

One of our best performances this season, finishing aside.

Tom Heaton will never have a better game in his life, the utter wanker.

TsuWave

good performance, terribly unlucky. clattenburg had a shocker

Siorac

And yeah, I agree with those who say the Mata-Fellaini sub was a mistake. Mata was great. We could and should have gambled and left him on.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Lots of bad luck and lots of terrible finishing. The sending off and their guy staying on were the two big decisions. I guess we would have won had they gone the other way.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I'm sorry but that is 100% on Mourinho.

They're awful. They're absolutely awful. We had about 20 shots on target.

But who the hell is our fowards? Why have we started this season with Zlatan as our main striker? Why have we gotten worse results from last year? Why are we bringing Rooney and Depay on with 20 minutes left?

Some games like v Stoke I can see why it happened. They have good teams. This Burnley team will struggle all season we simply HAVE to win these games.

AXVnee7

We created more chances without them. The best two chances of the whole game came after they'd both left the pitch.
Nah I say Ibra's 1v1 was the best chance but that's my personal opinion.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Incredibly frustrating.

Mata was unstoppable, I have to say that it's probably the first time he had played like he did for Chelsea (even though he had fantastic games for us before, like Juanfield).
Ibra was very good in the build-up but his finishing was bad. Wouldn't say that it was awful as his overhead kick was ideal and Heaton definitely made him look like a worse player than he is.

Pogba is again, slightly frustrating but he created enough. Herrera was great until the second yellow :(

In the end, this is the second game where we just can't seem to score even though we create lots. If we judge the quality of our game, it's brilliant, even if it's against Burnley, a little more practice and we'll be great to watch

Another thing that I've noticed - we seem to press the opponents more after the Chelsea game

In Rainbows

Mou doesn't help himself with those subs. Why take off Mata? Why bring on Fellaini over Carrick?

NK86

1) We are cursed
2) Clattenburg did everything he could to prevent us from winning
3) Zlatan should be dropped
How Flannagan stayed on the pitch is beyonde while that a**** sent off Herrera.

Crimson King

Burnley came for a point and Clattenburg made sure they got it, with the only 2 big calls in the match going in their favour.

People will point fingers, especially at Zlatan who missed our 2 best chances, but we were tearing through them at the beginning of the second half. That all changed when Herrera was sent off, but even then we should have scored.

Can only think what might have been... Such a strange game.

DevilRed

Players need to be held accountable. This is beyond ridiculous.

Some of those chances were criminal. Ibrahimovic needs to take a long hard look at himself and realise this is not a swan song. This is the biggest challenge of his career because he has never played in a league this tough.

I dont understand why we dont put Rashford upfront with Martial, Pogba and Mkhitaryan behind.

We honestly have nothing to lose doing it. Nothing. It woud be better than this shit.

pjaya

Just when I thought we have turn a corner after beating city and playing burnley at home will do us good.... but again left dissapointed

Mourinho is a fraud

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Ronaldo would have scored 5 today. But some morons don't want him because he 'just' score goals.

Oddboy

I'm annoyed at the result but we played some great football at times. We had plenty of those performances under Ferguson. Keeper pulled off another performance of the season and Clattenburg was his typical cnutish self.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Can't remember feeling this shite after a match in a long time.

Ibra's finishing was disgusting. Tom Heaton can cnut off, ugly prick, Ben Mee and his shite name can cnut off.

Just cnuty cnuting off. I hate football:

NK86

Mou doesn't help himself with those subs. Why take off Mata? Why bring on Fellaini over Carrick?
Yes the subs were crap. Each of them. Basically killed off all our momentum for 10 mins. Some of these top managers need a wobble for their subs.

NYAS

:lol: Pathetic. Particularly from Ibrahimovic, Rooney and Mourinho.

No doubt you'll get some idiot saying "it's just one of those days."

I said it in the match-day thread. Be realistic, forget doing anything meaningful in the league and go full power ahead with the cup competitions.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
We played very well - anyone that says otherwise obviously didn't watch the game, but just the score. We could've had 5 goals today, if we've been a bit more clinical and a bit less unlucky. Reminded me of some games during Fergie - loads of pressure, but just couldn't buy a goal.
Yes, some games. Not every other game.

We either play shit and lose or play well and don't score. It's maddening.

Betson

People can talk about bad luck etc etc etc all they like , just like the teams we used to laugh at down through the years with their endless hard luck stories and predictions of what they will do when they click etc etc

But what we need to talk about is poor finishing , it is just not good enough.

We dominated the game , but no big deal as every top half team will expect to dominate against Burnley at home .

But the top teams will put them away as well , but we are not a top team anymore. Top 4 looks a long way off. We a need a proper striker fast.

parisite

What can you say really. Burnley were poor, we couldn't score from a shedload of occasions and that's an awful result from a decent performance from us.

Hed Zitin

We've got a striker that is fecking useless in front of goal. That is why we are where we are.

We played well today. Subs hurt us, but we still created.

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 468 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 32% Man Utd 2:0 Burnley
  • 30% Man Utd 3:0 Burnley