g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:0 Burnley

Post-match discussion

Sat, 29 October 2016

BootsyCollins

I thought we played really really well.
Great movement and fast passing.
Can even understand why Mou kept four at the back to exploit the narrow defence Burnley played with offencive fullbacks.

What i cant understand is two things.
Mata off
And why put Fellaini on if we dont even use him in their box all the time.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Be happy when we get to 40 points, at least we hopefully won't be fighting relegation:rolleyes:
Sick of it, our weakness is the lack of finishing, fecking spend overtime practising at Carrington. I just hope the team doesn't get down on themselves and just put it right.

Ban

Last week it was how can you blame Jose when our defenders were crap

Now you can't blame him when our strikers are club

The results, formation, the players and how they play is the primary responsibility of the manager
We get it, you just hate Mourinho.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Total average rating 4.7? That's just ridiculous.

We performed like a team possessed in the build up to goal, it was just a combination of Heaton and poor finishing that kept us from scoring 5-6 very well worked goals. On another day we will absolutely batter the likes of Burnley. Today just wasn't that day.

Though I do not directly blame him for the loss of points today, he certainly did not help the issue with his incompetent decision making. We could have had 3 pens, 2 of which were stonewall in my opinion, plus the fact that he sent Herrera off for slipping over and Jose to the stands for showing a little passion.

When we finally click in front of goal there will be no stopping us. Genuinely believe this team has the potential to challenge for the title and I believe it's only a matter of time before that happens.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Today's definitely the day we can stop looking at 1st, however unlucky we were with 37 shots etc.

We're just not really firing at the moment despite the shots.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Watch Spurs get a pen from a nothing challenge and us not from that lateish megatackle on Darmian. It's fecking laughable.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I'm not mad. I think we were very unlucky, and every team has games like this from time to time.

Ibrahimovic was very frustrating, I'm genuinely confused as to where his finishing ability has gone.

Mourinho has the right to be fecking enraged with both the team and the referee.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Didn't watch the game but I feel exhausted following it on here.

MrBest

Well i dont care what anyone says but that is the best we have played in 4 years. sometimes in football, it just happens and you cannot score. Burnley had 11 men behind the ball at all times and Heaton had every luck in the world. there centre backs seemed to always be in the right place and when we had a real chance they fell to players who are off form.

I thought the ref had a great game. apart from the second yellow for Ander I agree with all his decisions.

I think Ibrahimovic is too old for this league. he's burnt out already, this is not France or Italy whwre the pace is slower. he should have come off at half time. absolute waste at times.

Rooney was our saviour? messed up a great chance at the end, passes like a sunday league. he is not even worthy of a place on the bench. sell him in Jan and be done with the goon. Fellaini another waste of a player. poor subs by Jose.

Where was Martial and MKH??? the one thing we lack is cutting edge from the wing and we have that already but not even on the bench. I think Lingard is rubbish. too lightweight and defo should be benched. why was mata taken off :s stupid decision and could of used him when we had 10 men.

Other than that, great game. I feel deflated but not defeated. if we continue like that, it's just a matter of time!

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
This will sound weird. Part of me is pissed off at lost points against a team we should beat. But another part of me feels like we are headed back in the right direction. I didnt want Mourinho here, Im in that 10% that dont like the football his teams play but we played some really nice stuff. We looked sharp, played with pace and intent. There have been a couple of passing patterns appearing in our play in recent weeks that we are doing effectively, I see progress.
I am looking forward to our next game, that was frustrating but I think we are making progress.

ken11

I feel like I kinda understand why he put on Fellaini though.

Gives us an aerial threat + defensive replacement for Herrera's spot.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Frustrating game, no luck at all. The performance was ok though. I'm not that worried.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
We get it, you just hate Mourinho.
I'm not blinded by love for him, that is for sure

But I always blame the manager primarily for bad results and likewise praise for good

It doesn't matter who it is

I'm not looking for him to get sacked

Yagami

Good post resistant
Also, I thought we were brilliant after the red card. Usually, in recent times, we'd crumble after a sending off no matter who the opposition was (bar the City game in LvG's first season) but we still dominated them. Great team performance today that was let down by finishing.

Ban

I feel like I kinda understand why he put on Fellaini though.

Gives us an aerial threat + defensive replacement for Herrera's spot.
This, we needed a midfielder with Ander of. But Mata should have never been subbed.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
Last season we seemed like the most effective team in the league, we didn't create much compared to the amount of goals we scored (which still wasn't a lot). This game was a total farce, I can't remember us ever have so many shots and shots on target without winning, but in the end of the day it's another 2 points dropped in one of the easiest home games of the season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Total average rating 4.7? That's just ridiculous.

We performed like a team possessed in the build up to goal, it was just a combination of Heaton and poor finishing that kept us from scoring 5-6 very well worked goals. On another day we will absolutely batter the likes of Burnley. Today just wasn't that day.

Though I do not directly blame him for the loss of points today, he certainly did not help the issue with his incompetent decision making. We could have had 3 pens, 2 of which were stonewall in my opinion, plus the fact that he sent Herrera off for slipping over and Jose to the stands for showing a little passion.

When we finally click in front of goal there will be no stopping us. Genuinely believe this team has the potential to challenge for the title and I believe it's only a matter of time before that happens.
Stoke and now Burnley, waste of 4 points, which when we've cowardly scraped a draw against Liverpool and been pumped by Chelsea is a horrible return overall.

I can't see how anyone can suggest anything beyond sneaking 4th is doable.

8 off the top boys after 10 games?! Who can possibly say that won't get higher the more the games go on?

Creepy

Account relocated to MaxiPaxi
Top 4 chances done.

That felt 10 times worse than Chelsea. Absolutely raging.
Give your head a wobble. Top 4 chances are done? We've played 10 matches ffs... :houllier:

It was a brilliant performance today. Best football I've seen us play in years. We will be absolutely fine.

DevilRed

Being shit at finishing isn't bad luck.
Agree with this. Its not the first time its happened. Against stoke was similar.

Clearly there is something wrong with our spearhead. Namely Ibrahimovic.

I dont know what we have to do for a manager to play Rashford upfront with Martial and Mkhitaryan behind. At least we would have pace and be able to stretch a defence.

We literally have nothing to lose and everything to gain from playing a more aggressive and quicker frontline.

Member 5225

Also, I've lost track of who is injured and who is just dropped.
e.g. Martial, Scheniderline, A.Young, Valencia, etc etc....

CS@SG

Mourinho should have the teams watch how Burnley play defensive, soak up the pressure and counter attack.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
This is for all those guys saying, "oh we are just 6 points away" Could not score 1 goal in about 38 attemts and call themselves professionals. Sick. This season is going to be a write off. Getting Fellaini for Mata and keeping Zlatan on when he had such a shite game, plus Rooney as well. Brilliant.

We had Zlatan, Rooney, Fellaini, Depay, Herrera red card. So in short, only 5 outfield players who could do something. Such a sad state of affairs.
Zlatan wasn't "shite" but should have scored (1 minimum) and 3 of those were lateish subs.

DevilRed

That Rooney miss took the cake though.

The sooner that fat feck leaves the better. We need to turn over a new leaf.

Triple.Threat

I don't know the reasoning behind Afro man and Rooney coming on it could well be justified by Jose but those players ain't going to win you games anymore.

As soon as I saw they were about to come on it was wraps for me.

MooseTheMooche

We haven't won a league game in over a month now. Absolutely shocking. How come the likes of arsenal smash cnuts like this, scoring 6 or 7 goals, and we struggle to bury just one fecking chance? This is beyond me.

That fecking cnut Clattenburg, did everything to prevent us from winning. Red card for a slip? Up my arse you fecking twat. The worst referee in a very, very long time. Mike Dean is Pierreluigi Collina compared to him

I don't know what happened to Zlatan. For well over 3 years we can't find a proper striker (RvP in 12/13 was the last time I saw a real striker in the team) and it cost us severely

I also don't know what happened to Mourinho. Fecking Rooney? Fellaini? FFS, the game was crying out for Martial.

Playing some brilliant football, yet losing. So typical of our team since Fergie left.

Nick7

we were pretty great to be honest, not that you'd know looking at this site. some of the best play we've had in donkey's years. need a striker and need to put rooney out to pasture.

Giggs86

Best game I've seen from us in a while. Fluid movement, great link-up play in the final third. Don't remember when have we created more chances in a game. If only we had a striker or a center forward on the pitch we would've smashed them 5-0. Too bad we didn't have one.

Oh and special mention goes to that feckfaced duck-looking scrotum who was refereeing the game today.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Yes, some games. Not every other game.

We either play shit and lose or play well and don't score. It's maddening.
Sure, but I'd rather play like this and not score - at least it gives me hope that we're moving in the right direction. Something I haven't had for years.

Ibi Dreams

Last week it was how can you blame Jose when our defenders were crap

Now you can't blame him when our strikers are club

The results, formation, the players and how they play is the primary responsibility of the manager
I just don't get what people think Mourinho could have done differently to affect the outcome of this game. The players did everything right except finish, something which Mourinho has little control over.

Ban

We're good, we just need to find our scoring boots.

Next game it will be Rashford or Martial up front and I bet one of them will score.

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 468 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 32% Man Utd 2:0 Burnley
  • 30% Man Utd 3:0 Burnley