PL W FA Premier League

Burnley 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 23 April 2017

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I didn't see the first half unfortunately, but liked what I saw in the second. Martial, Pogba, Bailly and Fellaini looked good. Herrera had moments of class. Rooney was also playing quite well until he seemed to tire in the last 20 minutes.

I just wish Mourinho had bought on Fosu-Mensah and/or Tuanzebe for the final 5-10 minutes.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Exactly what we needed, a reassuring comfortable win! I just hope a few on the niggles are nothing serious. Pogba, Herrera and Bailly all looking a little tight in the legs. Hopefully nothing more than that, ice bath and Jacuzzi should do it!

TsuWave

i like this format of posting the goals in the post match discussion. hopefully it catches on/continues.

good performance btw, important win.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Are we gonna start getting off Pogba's back now. He's been immense the last few games. He's gonna be fantastic next season. Also solid performance from Tony Martial. Hopefully he'll get a good run till the end of the season.

Barring Pogba's niggle, we're nicely set up for Thursday.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I think it suits mou's tactics best. He is a counter attacking coach. When he has to play at home he has to come out and play.
Yes, but we haven't usually struggled to come out and play and create chances at home, but our finishing at OT has been worse than it has been away, IIRC. Hints at a mental issue.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
What did he say?
That it was nothing to get him off his seat or excited about and it was ok a professional performance. He did however mention our injuries but I don't think he's given a good enough appraisal here, does come across as bitter to be honest.

It was more the tone in how he put his view across, his first words were negative.

DevilRed

Great performance. Our league form has been superb. That first goal brought back memories of the Ronaldo Rooney days.

Hope pogba is ok but we are fecked if he pulled his hammy. Looks like it.

The White Pele

Great win.

Strong performances from Bailly, Pogba, Herrera and Martial down the spine of the team

Manny

Grammar Police
That'll do.

The players that played 120 mins on Thursday looked stiff and like they were still feeling it. Would have liked Pogba to have been taken off sooner.

Richard Cranium

Yes it was, we were top of the away games table for most of the season under Moyes. It was mostly the home games that dragged us down to 7th. Wonder why that is under certain managers. A mental block, trouble living up to the expectations of a home crowd who want to see good football?
Think that away matches benefit managers who play a compact team. At home the expectation is there to play open and expansive football, which can leave you vulnerable if you're team isn't firing properly.

Moyes had years of experience of setting up as the small club and playing compact. To a degree, conservative football is also the way Mourinho prefers to play.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Delighted with the win. Very solid, professional performance, which becomes even more impressive when you take into account our problems with injuries and fatigue.

Even more delighted with Martial's performance. It was the right time to remind us of his exceptional talent. That goal was just top class - from start to finish.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We have 25 points in last 30 from away games. That's impressive. Too bad our home form is mid table

siw2007

Good performance from United in difficult circumstances. It wasn't pretty, but we were rock solid and took our chances when they came. Martial was superb; Pogba, Rooney, Bailly and Blind all had good games too. Should have had a penalty in the 1st half but Taylor seemed to have an off game and made some bizarre decisions.

Really hope that we have got through the game without any injuries. Pogba didn't look right at the end, so hope he is okay.

minoo-utd

Are we gonna start getting off Pogba's back now. He's been immense the last few games. He's gonna be fantastic next season. Also solid performance from Tony Martial. Hopefully he'll get a good run till the end of the season.

He looks injured mate and it looks like he is gonna miss Thu.

boxykronikle

Good job with the win. Martial proved his worth today. Hopefully Mou will take notice of that. Pogba/Bailly/Afro was superb.

DDG had nothing to do. Clean sheet, 1 point away from 4th and 3 points away from 3rd. Couldn't be more happy with the performance.

whatwha

Are you implying that there has been something unfair about criticizing Pogba for performances that have indeed been poor? Once he shows better form like he's doing right now, people's view of him will improve.

Ban

I so hope Liverpool will lose today, so we can hear Souness' opinion on that.

AndyMUFC

Really good performance, made it much more comfortable than I was ever expecting it to be. Martial, Pogba and Bailly were all terrific, and the latter two in particular considering they played 2 hours on Thursday.

The derby on Thursday is huge now.

whatwha

Think that away matches benefit managers who play a compact team. At home the expectation is there to play open and expansive football, which can leave you vulnerable if you're team isn't firing properly.

Moyes had years of experience of setting up as the small club and playing compact. To a degree, conservative football is also the way Mourinho prefers to play.
Fair point, but how do you explain the terrible finishing at home? Been slightly worse than it has been away, I think.

Ban

Fair point, but how do you explain the terrible finishing at home? Been slightly worse than it has been away, I think.
We're far more nervous at home it seems, it changes your composure and everything.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Very efficient performance. Hope for extra time between Arsenal and City.

GM K

My only criticism is why he didnt give the kids a run at the end. Solid performance otherwise.
This is no time to give any kid any run in. It's serious crunch time right now. Regardless of age - whether 35 or 18 - Jose has to play those who are in form, who are most fit, who he trusts and who can deliver the goods.

Crimson King

I hear what you're saying. I would argue that we've been a lot better at home under Mourinho than Moyes though. Some of the home games under Moyes were diabolical affairs where we were lucky to come away with anything when we did pick up points.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Was a pleasant afternoon, quite contrary to what I expected from Burnley at home. Hope neither of our lads today is injured and they're all ready to roll on Thursday.

stretford_oslo

Very comfortable, almost boring. I've missed that.

Heard a lot of classic chants from our end today which I thought was cool, Ronaldo, O'Shea, anti-Glazer, Moscow-songs etc. Must've been a pleasant day in the sun for those who travelled.

DevilRed

We have been playing as a team for a while now. First time since after fergie we have looked so comfortable and solid defensively.

Title winning teams are built from the back. Bailly is a fecking monster.

AgentP

Couldn't watch the match today..

Can anyone tell me:

- how did martial and Rooney play aside from the goal?
- how did Blind play? I like Blind
Martial was excellent. Used the ball well. Rooney put in a good shift on the wing. Didn't lose the ball too many times and helped us keep possession in the closing stages. Blind apart from one mistake had a good match. Bailly was a monster. Our midfielders were also very good.

GlasgowRedz

Superb performance, hopefully we're starting to hit a bit of top form at just the right time.

I know martial will get all the plaudits due to his goal and assist but for me, Bailly was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch. An absolute colossus.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Good performance and good result.

But I'am worried with the physical state of the team, players like Pogba and Bailly need to play everything and today first signs of overplaying them were already beging to show. We basically play 8 games in less than a month time, 3 difficult away games versus top teams in the PL with an EL semi final mixed in between. I really don't know if this team has the legs left to do this with all our current injurries.

Good from Jose that he rotated today and still got the result. But can we keep doing this with the quick tempo are games are coming ? We have no more than 3 days recuperation between our games till the end of the season. I really hope we get no further injurries and can see this through till the end. Would be extremeley dissapointing if at this stage we won't make CL next year having still 2 doors open to it.

Squeky bum time

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 521 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Burnley win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Burnley 0:2 Man Utd