PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:2 Cardiff City

Post-match discussion

Sun, 12 May 2019

King Eric 7

We need the best transfer window we've had in at well over a decade. This fecking bunch are pathetic.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Dour stuff.
Pogba on auto pilot.
Pereira never making it here.
Rashford, trash again.

Seriously need so many recruits in the summer. Embarrassing end to the season.

predator

Youth NITK
Extremely worrying. I think I'd be happy if Ole resigned and kept dignity rather than lead us next season after spending a couple of hundred million pounds. Cardiff at home after the run we've had? It's truly concerning when we can't even score in such a game.

I'm really not sure though. I'm desperate for him to succeed.

Imran Mamdani

please bring back a '0' option for rating players post-match, and a 'No One' for man of the match.. that's the state we're in.. shambolic.

Todd

It'd take half a billion dollars/pounds/whatever to turn this club into a contender again

redom

Fitting end to the season, a lot of hard work to be done this summer if we want to look anything like a competent football team anytime soon.

MrBest

I missee the game but can assume ir was spinless. Anyone got a detailed analysis of how greenwood and gomes played. Looks like in general greenwood looked decent.

chris123

These boys went soft the minute they knew their managers job was safe and their jobs became safe.

An absolute disgrace of a team. They should all be ashamed.

And yes, giving Ole the permanent job at that point at the season will prove to be one of the worst decisions this club ever made.

It's time to bring in a manager with the force of will and vision to actually change this club from top to bottom. It may be unfair on Ole but I also 100% that he is not capable of that.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
34 points from City and the top.

34 points from Cardiff and relegation.

Grim.... players should give their wages for the last two weeks (possibly more) to Mata's charity as some form of positive gesture.

That "10 in, 10 out" thread looks more realistic every week.

It's a long haul back from here.... be worth the wait.

Fracture90

Why is our every player taking so many unnecessary contacts with the ball and hogging the ball so much? Run without the ball and pass the goddamn ball!

Greenwood, I like him.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Stretford End can’t muster any mutiny. Just want to cheer Herrera and Valencia, and now sing Ole’s army. Lost for fecking words.

Cardiff fans the only with balls to call us shit.

hobbers

A fitting end to the worst United team in anyone's living memory.

Well, I say end. 80-90% of these gutless clowns will still be here next season :lol:

nameischarles

We should be allowed to give 0 ratings. Lingard, Young, Smalling, and Jones need to go.

moodyred

Players can now look forward to their holidays with their big fat paychecks.

The Dodfather

I didn't see the game but just had a look at the final table and it's pretty bleak reading. 32 points behind City and 32 ahead of Cardiff. Goal difference 61 behind City and 65 ahead of Huddersfield, one of the worst PL sides in years. We're as close to the relegation zone as we are to the top...

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I know this will get lost in the comments, but mark my words - we wont finish above 9th place next season.
find my thread (closed) from last July where I said we wouldn't be top four this season and there was as much chance of being relegated as winning the title. I said the club was broken from top to bottom and all I got was abuse

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Positive : Greenwood
Negative : everything else
Let's be honest Greenwood got into maybe 5 good goal scoring opportunities and barely tested the keeper. His positioning might be positive, but that finishing is not great.

Can't get much complaint as first full game and needs to build confidence, but today was not his day.

moodyred

I have followed United since 1984. I can't say I have ever felt so terrible about the team. Disgrace!

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Greenwood looked decent, so there's that. The worrying thing is Ole has gone to shit along with the players. I hold very little hope of getting out of this mess in the short term.

Zlatattack

I was really pleased with Greenwood and Gomes. They both had attacking intent, especially Greenwood who was a threat all match. They offered a lot more than the senior pros in thier positions. I hope next season we get Taunzebe into the squad too and give regular game time to these players. They're not jaded by failure.

Dalot was poor, though the penalty was never his fault. At least he tried though, Young was stopping anything professing on the left.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
We’re now giving it Ole Ole Ole as players walk the pitch. No one wants to boo.

R'hllor

If fans forgive and forget this shit show, everyone included it it, then sheep dont deserve anything better and those floaters in here, acting like bunch of Dalai Lama wannabes can f off.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I honestly have no words to describe how much I hate this team.

Did the crowd boo them off at the end? I hope they did.

Nice to see Greenwood and Gomes get applause and cheers when they took it upon themselves to take that corner at the end.

Esquire

Utter garbage today. Ole has his work cut out but I'm not convinced the board will stick by him.
Who can we hire though? I am not convinced Pep, Klopp or Poch can turn this dross around. Half the first xi today needs to go or can’t be starters. We are in serious trouble.

Red_toad

Greenwood looks like he belongs at this level. Gomes had a tidy cameo. Team sadly lacks any width and hopefully this will be addressed asap, plus bar Shaw none of our full backs should be starting on a regular basis next season. Ole certainly has a tough job on his hands. Needs to remove the toxic elements from the dressing room and get a bunch of players who want to improve and work for each other together. We really need players who want to be here competing for us, as we have quite a few passengers in the squad, who will give moments of talent, but sadly go astray when there's had graft required.

Chairman Steve

Did not watch and glad I didn’t. Truly dreadful. We need to bin off sentimentality and be ruthless.

Sir Alex binned off the likes of Hughes, Ince and Kanchelskis and barely blinked... Three guys who probably at the time were deemed legends because they were part of a title winning team.

The most important part of this latest rebuild for me is getting in a DoF structure and there’s still no sign of it despite the season being done and just waves and waves of negative press about Utd.

Literally start making noise in the transfer market tonight or announce new directors tonight.

Hampshire Rec

Thankful that season is over, been Piss Poor since Ole got the job and a summer cull needed of so many poor and mediocre players!

Shocking team, shocking management, disgraceful performances worst season in my memory and that includes our relegation!

Player Ratings

3.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 300 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Cardiff win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:0 Cardiff
  • 13% Man Utd 3:0 Cardiff