PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:2 Cardiff City

Post-match discussion

Sun, 12 May 2019

PoTMS

1 goal in the last two games against teams that had a GD of -37 and -54.

Esquire

I honestly have no words to describe how much I hate this team.

Did the crowd boo them off at the end? I hope they did.

Nice to see Greenwood and Gomes get applause and cheers when they took it upon themselves to take that corner at the end.
I think they were just quite. Can’t bring themselves to boo but obviously too pissed off to cheer. Gomes and Greenwood didn’t deserve this at their full debut.

killerboi2

Even for this squad, this is pathetic. Gonna be a lot of angry fans calling for Ole and Pogbas head but I don't think either are really to blame. We've seen how quickly things can change, we just gotta hope for the same next season once we've gotten rid of some players and made some new signings. If they don't, then people can start talking about sacking Ole.

Anders Agnalt

Finally it's summer
We need to fire Young, Smallin and Jones. Pogba need to start playing fotball again, let him change his hair color!!
Ole, I still got your back, give us a good next season. Let us enjoy fotball again! You got a massive job with these players, and I hope we get some good and hungry new players for next season
Still Love and Support my Manchester United ❤❤❤

fallengt

C'mon result was expected. Ole and the team needed full pre season to beat the mighty Cardiff. You can't blame them for the lack of effort, they did their best and fans should be thankful.

Pre season will magically fix this. I believe

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Garbage.

Keane was right to call our team bluffers. There's a lot of players in that United squad who are very good at doing lay offs and 1-2s around the box, making it look like they're building attacks when in fact they're doing nothing of the sort.

We have a lot of players who are great at looking busy. However, if you ask yourself what they're actually doing the answer is almost always sweet FA.

Cardiff won that relatively comfortably, despite all our possession. It was hardly wave after wave.

We finished 6th and, frankly, the likes of Wolves can feel hard done by.

Luke1995

And people thought Rooney was the problem. He got kicked out of the club and we're stuck in the same place with less goals.

Esquire

Didn’t see the game but embarrassing score line. Does that win save Cardiff from relegation. I think so.
Cardiff won the game comfortably. Then I guess you wouldn’t be shocked anyway.

abailey123

Didn’t see the game but wasn’t expecting much more to be honest.
Now the hard work starts for Ole!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
C'mon result was expected. Ole and the team needed full pre season to beat the mighty Cardiff. You can't blame them for the lack of effort, they did their best and fans should be thankful.

Pre season will magically fix this. I believe
Just stop watching then.

Suv666

The Glazers have finally destroyed the club.
Rotten to the core. Future looks bleak at best

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Dead rubber, mishmash of a lineup, ridiculous pen decision from Moss.

I won't get that upset in that context.

Young lad could have scored a fair few.

Forget it, and see what happens in the summer. Needs to be game changing stuff.

killerboi2

Didn’t see the game but embarrassing score line. Does that win save Cardiff from relegation. I think so.
Cardiff are gone... Probably for the best too as people would probably just use it as another stick to beat Ole with, that they stayed up when he got them relegated.

Djemba-Djemba

I absolutely loathe almost every player in the squad, Woodward and the Glazers.

The lot of them are an utter disgrace that have made supporting Utd the last 5 years painful.

moxdevil

Another shameful performance. I am sick of seeing these players, they have no pride. If Solskjaer does not take a hatchet to this squad he will be gone by Christmas.

BootsyCollins

Let's be honest Greenwood got into maybe 5 good goal scoring opportunities and barely tested the keeper. His positioning might be positive, but that finishing is not great.

Can't get much complaint as first full game and needs to build confidence, but today was not his day.
That enough for me for a 17 year old in his first start for a very dysfunktional team.

SCJY

What the hell was Ole doing with those two subs at the end? In fairness, if Young still has the armband next season, screw United until the club is sold.

GwilDor

So.... had my forst game at OT today. And the players were every bit as disappointing as they have been on telly lately. I was extremely disappointed by the stretford end though. I know there was nothing to play for, but supporting the young inexperienced players should be enough. Walked all over by the cardiff fans. I’m ashamed....

eire-red

Never before have i been so happy for a season to end, but on the flip side i'm dreading the start of next season already. I don't think there's a single positive to take from this season, apart from it identifying the absolute state the club is in.

The task ahead of Ole is monumental, and I just can't see him taking us to where we need to be. This performance was nothing new or unexpected, there's nothing to say that hasn't already been said in the last month.

Spineless, heartless, putrid and rancid. This club needs a cleanse, from the top to the bottom

GM K

Fitting way to end a pathetic season.

Now, let the rebuilding begin.

Run_time_error

Worst finish to a season since relegation and that's what we'll get next year without a radical turnaround.

Terrible penalty decision and why would anyone start a game without centreback cover for the most injury prone defender in the club's history. Not going to be too critical of McTominay for his mistake. Once again we never looked like we wanted it today. They've already booked their undeserved luxury holidays. Please God Ole has some idea what he's doing for next season.

Adcuth

1 point from 6 against 2 relegated teams is a fecking joke. Players have to take the blame for that not Ole IMO. Most looked disinterested

Greenwood and Gomez looked decent when ole finally gave Gomez a run out.

Young, Pogba, Sanchez, Jones, Matic, Lukaku all gone and replaced before the season starts please as a minimum requirement.

OLLY ORANGE

Couldn't care who goes and for how much.
So much mediocre out there with no pride or commitment.
Never felt so unattached to a man utd side.
Even the poor Atkinson's sides there was a players trying and putting a shift in.

Red Stone

I'm pretty sure there's a strong case for finding some of our players guilty of fraud. Maybe we can tear up some contracts without having to compensate them?

Here's hoping. About 80% of our squad has to go before I'll find happiness in watching this fecking shambles of a team again.

BigBebe

MUTV cameras desperately trying to stick to small, focused shots to avoid showing the players parading in front of empty stands.

siw2007

Season is over, relief!! Only bright spark from that game was Greenwood, the rest was abysmal, especially back 4.

A lot of issues to be resolved, at board level and at pitch level. But at least can bury my I’ll feelings until pre season.

redshaw

Very poignant it was Cardiff on the last day of Ole's run. Football has a funny way of saying things.

The worst bit was we just can't score or create anything. We looked like a combination of the worst bits of Moyes, LVG and Jose.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
This is the lowest we've been since SAF retired IMO.

We're a disgrace.

Player Ratings

3.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 300 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Cardiff win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:0 Cardiff