PL L FA Premier League

Chelsea 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 18 April 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Bowman

Considering we were missing Carrick and Blind I think we played okay.

Falcao has done nothing to warrant his selection.

Despite Mata doing "nothing", Januzaj did far less.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Some positives today, mostly Shaw and McNair doing well. But the injuries this week hurt us. No way we would have lost today if we had same team as last week. Carrick is an especially big loss.

Carrick is our most important player. It's not good enough that we don't have real cover for him. Herrera isn't cover, and Rooney certainly isn't.

Played pretty well, but it's gutting to get nothing for it. Just hope we can get back on track with that tricky game away to Chelsea.

prarek

Cowards parked the bus in their own home. We just couldn't break that bus. I can't think of any other top european team that does this at home with that kind of financial power. We were the better team, they were more clinical. So at the end of the day they deserved to win because its ultimately the goal that counts.

World Game

This what happens when you play without either Carrick or Blind. First time this season i believe

Kostur

海尔的老板
Ah well, given that we've played with 10 men and with our very important players being out injured, it being a SB and Jose being an old cock I'm not too fussed about it, loss there was calculated really.

Trizy

Absolute shit... their goal came from a foul on Falcao

FT: Anti Football 1-0 United

kps88

So frustrating playing against a team like this. They really are the best at killing a game. Not sure what else we could have done really. 70% of the ball but managed to create nothing apart from the early Rooney chance.

FujiVice

Played the best team in the country at a ground we are usually shite at anyway with a few injuries. Wish we had Carrick playing. The lads did well.

Manchie

A lot of positives , bossing the game for 90 min. So unlucky to concede

Crashoutcassius

Positives: there's a new sheriff in town

We're the best team in the league again and it isn't even close. If we can improve in summer next season should be ours

Not sure if we're at the level to compete in europe again - all the other prem teams are disgraceful in europe, but pretty clear from the last month that we will outplay every team next year, home and away

Hed Zitin

You can talk about possession and playing all the football you want, we were tactically out done.

Didn't do enough to make them move and drag them out of positions.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good performance given the injuries. Typical Jose win by playing ugly, he's the master at it.

Don't understand the substitutes. Januzaj was pointless & taking Shaw off didn't help.

Hopefully Carrick/Blind is back. On this performance I'm confident we'll secure top-4.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Chelsea came for a draw and the ref and our sloppiness after a terrible call opened up a chance to take the 3. They did it very well and we failed to make our chances count. Rooney twice (shot and header) and Falcao (post). You need to score them in big games to make the difference.

6.5/10 on the team performance. Januzaj failing to even warrant a sub appearance again though. Very poor cameo.

Matic MOTM followed by Zouma. Thought Hazard was very poor, goal aside.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Got Mourinho'ed. No complaints, it was a good performance considering the injuries. Luke Shaw was outstanding. McNair was very goood.

Ainu

That Januzaj sub was a terrible, terrible decision. He's pointless as a footballer this season and there was no reason to expect anything different now.

Other than that: I absolutely hate Chelsea and Mourinho. Abysmal champions to be.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Feel a bit sick after that. Forgot what absolute scum of the earth that Chelsea team is made up from.

Without those 4 injuries we'd have won that today.

That will have left a lot of players hungry for the title next season.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Both encouraging and disappointing. 71% possession with a shocking 9 shots off target. As for Falcao, cant make my mind up. He looks like he might explode into life, but his time is running out. He was responsible for giving away the goal when he lost possession. We are definitely going in the right direction, a few signings in the summer and we will be challenging for the title next season.

prateik

was afraid we would get outplayed with a makeshift midfield and defence..

played well. They didnt create a lot. We didnt take the chances we created. They took their chance.

They deserve it... but a poor performance might have killed our momentum. This hopefully wont.

RetroStu

Mourinho loves making us suffer for not taking him on as manager :mad:.
To be fair, i don't even feel that bad as there is no more predictable fixture than this one. I bet half of the forum could of predicted we would lose 1-0 while dominating the game.

space

Shite football from Chelsea, one mistake cost us, thought we played well, Chelsea defended will too but Falcao should have buried that chance

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
You guys played pretty well considering injuries..more so in the first half. Just as I expected though. We only needed a draw and got the win just as we did vs Liverpool last season.

Playing a top team in great form is never easy, Jose has a bit of respect for United like that.

But please lets not start going on and on about how 'we' cant happy with that and how playing at home and being the champions elect etc, because its nonsense.

You have plenty of positives to take out of what was effectively a meaningless match anyway.

Rake

We had our chances and failed to convert. Today luck was with Chelsea and that is about all.

I think we are the best team in the league currently despite this loss. If we get Carrick / Blind back we will continue to win

Devil may care

Like playing a team that traveled back in time from Serie A's bad old days. We played well and created some decent openings, deserved at least a point.

On a side note, feck off Cahill you cnut.

Heardy

Not a bad performance to be honest. A few months ago we'd have been obliterated by chelsea!

With the 4 injuries we did sell to contain chelsea for 95% of the game but we're undone by a single bit of magic.

Was disappointed to see shaw go off as he was prob our MOTM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 587 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results