PL L FA Premier League

Chelsea 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 18 April 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Decent perfromance, Positives to take from it was shaw and McNair looked great.

In the end we just got mourinho'd they must be the most boring team to win the league.

It was never a penalty either, herrera dived.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
You've gotta hand it to Chelsea.

I thought we did okay, but we cannot grow accustomed to these sort of "winning the possession" performances.

Also, Carrick and Blind were both was sorely missed. How lucky were Chelsea to have those injuries happen at such a good time for them?

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Very good performances, missing key players. Dominated the game, but Jose did what he's done for years. Build a defensive wall and rely upon a star player to make the difference. He's very astute, but no shame in losing that match. Fine margins.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't know how Mourinho gets away with it. Vile.

diarm

I'm reluctant to use one of the interwebs most grossly overused sayings, but the definition of insanity blah blah blah

Playing Falcao up front, on his own, for 90 minutes, against the champions elect, after everything we've seen this year.
What did he think would happen?

I know we had injuries, but does anyone really think Wilson would have been worse?
Or Rooney with Di Maria or Pereira in the middle?

acnumber9

It wasn't a bad performance. I don't see how much joy can be taken from being a fan of that Chelsea team. You might as well just check the results in the paper for all the joy that can be garnered from watching that.

It ended our run but it didnt derail the performances. We were as good as we have been in any game, we just couldnt get past Mounrinho's big blue bus. No matter how much he wins, I am so, so glad we didn't bring him here. Imagine watching that every week.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Can't be mad were playing the champions elect away and once they got the goal they did everything they could to kill this game off. Hopefully with improvement we are able to break them down next season.

Aporkalypse

Only complaints relate to that final ball and the shit-house foul by Terry in the lead up to their goal.

Chelsea are dull as dishwater.

LARulz

It was obvious as Chelsea a performance as you are ever going to see. Happy to let the game be played in front of them, shut out anything in their box and then score on the break. It's not rocket science.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Very encouraging performance. With a bit quality striker, and better DM, we should get something from this game.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
By the time my post had been written half a dozen people had already done what I was expecting them to do :lol:

Winrar

Decent spells of possession but in the end the match went exactly as I had expected.

More pressure to get top 3, I could really rest if we get automatic qualification to CL. Another tricky fixture ahead in Everton away.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Got Mourinho'ed. No complaints, it was a good performance considering the injuries. Luke Shaw was outstanding. McNair was very goood.
This sums it up pretty well. It's disappointing but given the situation we did alright.

Skywarden

We simply cannot play with players like Falcao up front in these type of games when there's no-one to thread a ball in or attempt to find him some space.

Other than that, given the injuries and the fact that we played at SB we looked decent. Not threatening enough but didn't get bullied or dominated at all.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Lost to a fancy version of Stoke. We can get it back of these lot next year if we play the Summer right.

Someone

Something
We played really well, were the better team overall in my opinion. The main difference was hazard scoring his chance while we failed to do so.

I'm really excited about next season.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Utterly predictable from start to finish really. A few nervy moments but Courtois didn't really have much to do.

I was impressed with McNair and thought Shaw looked good.

Drogba is old :(

beergod

Got Mourinho'ed. No complaints, it was a good performance considering the injuries. Luke Shaw was outstanding. McNair was very goood.
Shaw was so good that our attack died when he exited the match.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Overall decent performance but lacked the cutting edge. Partly down to players playing out of position due to injuries and partly due to expected superb organization from Chelsea.

Flying_Heckfish

Fair play to Chelsea, they did what they had to. They are limping to a title however.

Fully firing and with a couple of players we can outpace them next season. It will be an interesting tussle between us. We played well but just lacked penetration in attack and discipline in defence - without injuries that wouldn't have happened.

Rooney needs to be up top in the next match no matter what the injury situation, we missed him up there.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
We played really well. We would have had a deserved win if we took one of our chances.

Rooney and Herrera were really good in the first half. A bit less in the second (although still brilliant).

Young was better than Di Maria.

Really impressed with Smalling.

Chelsea are small time actors, all of them.

I'm really glad we didn't get Mourinho, I can't stand watching these types of matches ( go up 1-0 then park the bus for 60 minutes).

Drogba is a fantastic actor.

That looked like a penalty in real time.

De Gea was lucky Dean is incompetent.

Dean fecked us over in the second half.

Raw

I just hope the players don't get too affected by this. We played well at times, we were just up against a ridiculously defensive Chelsea side adamant on nicking a goal and parking the bus. Shit happens.

Lets just return to winning ways next week.

Smores

Not too bad, always difficult when Chelsea have the lead.

Didn't make the most of the first half but given injuries then its perhaps understandable

ForlansHair

That actually went a lot better than I thought it would, with us having 1 first team defensive central player out of 6. We'll be there or thereabouts next season, we know we're not a title winning team yet but we aren't far away, 3-4 players in positions in the club are targeting. I'm more confident of this than I was before the game.

Really disappointed with Januzaj and Blackett though. Bit odd to throw them in in a game of this magnitude. McNair really good though, as was Herrera bar the goal (though I do think it's harsh to blame him too much as he's not exactly well versed in defensive midfield play).

Leg-End

I like what I see from us, the injuries we had to key players could have knocked us back but really not much changed in the way of play apart from the lack of threat in the final third mainly because Falcao doesn't provide 10% of what Rooney can in that role.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Shame about the result, but we've played well.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
I'm sure there'll be a lot of people pointing to possession statistics and say we had a great game, but I honestly don't think we did - first ~30 minutes aside, where we were excellent. Chelsea were more than happy to sit back and watch us roll the ball around and we only managed to create a couple of chances. Injuries obviously hurt us, with Herrera being forced to play deep and we really missed him further up the pitch. He's one of our only players who consistently manages to get away from his man and open up new possibilities and without him up there it was simply too easy for Chelsea to defend.

Very good comeback game for Shaw, who created our two best chances. The rest of the team did OK, with no-one really standing out (apart from Falcao on the negative side). Januzaj is so out of form it's unreal - he keeps trying to pull off things that are simply never going to work.

And no, it wasn't a penalty in the end. Herrera stuck out his leg and made the contact happen.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Better in the second half but I think we were poor in the final third. We were too slow today

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
We didn't create enough, but deserved something from it. Chelsea were their typical, boring self. But it works for them.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We played well but lost the most well drilled team in the league. Some of their football is absolutely dire at times and Hazard clearly the stand out. Magical player.

So boring at times though. Wouldn't care if it was my team but playing against it is so dull. They won't exactly be a title winning team that's revered by all when we look back.

nick2004

Mourinho is the best manager in the world.

It will be very hard to beat him, even with another 200 million in transfers.

Too many mistakes from LVG. He played into Mourinho's hands. We played exactly the way Mourinho expected us to.

Plus: Falcao should have never played. Our subs were silly.

NK86

I think that was a pen at the end. Nonetheless, we played well but it's difficult to break down Jose's team when he choses to park the bus. SB being not too wide also plays into their hand. I think we are definitely be in the running next season if we build on what we have established.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player Ratings

5.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 587 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results