PL L FA Premier League

Chelsea 4:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 23 October 2016

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Embarrassing again. He'll spend another fortune in January and we still won't make top 4. Pogba turning out to be the costliest footballing mistake in history.

MDFC Manager

I don't know if its comforting to think that Chelsea didn't play that well and the scoreline flattered them.

Or if the fact that we managed to be so shit that a team put 4 past us without playing well makes it worse.

I think its the latter.
Exactly. Chelsea weren't even that good today. We were extraordinarily shit.

salford_

They'll be top 3 end of season. Looking quite good arent they.

Jose got it wrong and Smalling is shit

DevilRed

Players really let us down.

Mourinho showing more fight than the whole lot of them. Getting in contes face for trying to showboat to the crowd and urging his players on at 4-0.

Nonetheless, we deserved this result. Flat performance riddled with errors. Workrate was severely lacking. It wasnt that chelski played fantastic football. It was that they got to every 50/50 ball and chased each lost cause down to the end. They also closed us down admirably the minute we got near their half.

Alot of mentally weak players out there who dont want to fight for the shirt. The likes of Fellaini should never play for us again. NEVER. Blind wasnt that much better either.

Just makes you wonder why Shaw and Mikhtarayan havent featured more? We have to stop using the same players that LVG and Moyes brought in. They ARENT good enough.

SER19

Post match reactions are very telling. Used to me genuine upset anger and borderline depression.

Now we joke and are frustrated but lack genuine emotion. The players we have had for the last three years have driven us into the ground and disconnected an entire generation that knew united for having something more than instagram accounts.

United were shit, Chelsea destroyed us, they get paid we watch again next week.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Players need a kick up the arse.
But unless we're flirting with relegation, I'm giving Jose time. We need to settle down now. Too much changing won't help us.

Eriku

Wow, that was something else.

Special note for the Chelsea fans dancing around at the end.

Small-time much.
You wouldn't be chuffed about trouncing Chelsea at home to the tune of 4-0? I know I would be doing a little jig.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I honestly would keep only De Gea from that lineup, and even he was bad.

The players are absolutely awful, there's just no more excuses.

It's the players. Or rather - it's the people running the club and the people responsible for handling the transition. They signed those managers and players, they've set us back decades probably.

siw2007

The Chelsea hoodoo continues. However this was one of the more pathetic efforts I've seen in my life.

The first goal set the tone. We were slow and totally unprepared compared to Chelsea who looked fresh, hungry and knew their game plan to the letter.

Even though part of the team was rotated, I feel Jose struggled to prepare properly for this game because of the Euro fixture. Just got to get out of this rut of difficult games abd hope we come out in one shape but am now concerned about mid week and the state of our team

CS@SG

Zlatan and Pogba seems to have GOD status in the team.
one of them was regarded as god by the fanboys even before officially signed with us, one came with the world most expensive price tag. of coz both have god status.

Jacko21

Wonder what Jose said to Conte?

Something something... "the supporters are still as bad as when I was here"

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
3 games in 6 days. Chelsea last played 8 days ago.

But we never got going. That has to be the worst defensive performance I've seen from us in a long time. Absolutely shocking.

But this happens. People will go overboard as per.

City game is huge. Even if it is the league cup.

donkeyfish

Yeah that was terrible. A long series of individual mistakes, both defensively and offensively.

I really don't understand how it can happen, so many times, that our players look unready at kick-off. They look like me, when I play Sunday league a bit hung-over - needing the first 15min to run off last night. Then we're 2-0 down and I give up.

How players can go from being aggressive and successful on Monday, to lethargic and weak on Sunday is so strange. To me it looks like a mental thing. You need to fight for every ball. Even 3vs1 in this game, the Chelsea players came out of it with the ball.

4-0 is just some of the worst Ive ever seen. It looks like our players cba.

Mourinho has a very though job getting the spirit right in this team, which I actually thought he was on the way of doing after Monday

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
There is no game plan that we have that does not involve passing it out wide to valencia.

Need to play more in the middle and rotate the squad a lot more

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We were beaten after 30 seconds. Heads visibly went. We created chances but lost the composure to take them. Mentally gone within a minute. Shameful.

Once the third goal went in our players threw in the towel. They weren't having any of it. Look at how Kante walked through our midfield for 4-0. Nobody wanted any of it. They just wanted the final whistle so they could get off the pitch.

Incredible to see such low morale when we are only six points off the top. We really have lost our winning mentality.
I can't understand this mentality. Is the expectation too much for everyone to handle? I know United is a complicated club, but we really need to find a way to eradicate this shit mentality.

MrBest

Bring back gaal! Least he had more points at this stage of the season and had a good record against big clubs! Mourinho is finished as a manager, he has been found out!

Last 6 games we have 5 points, that's 5 from a possible 18 after we had 9 from from 9.

We keep going backwards but keeping spending, half a billion in 4 years.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Thought we played well overall to be honest. Four unlucky goals to concede.

Irrational.

I'm not that bothered about the result. We were caught cold and never really recovered. We had similar stats and shots on target to Chelsea, but were just a shambles at the back.

Not to mention the shocking challenge from Luiz that should have seen him sent off in the first half. Another bottle-job by Atkinson.

These kind of results happen, and whether it's 1-0 or 6-0, it's still only 3 points lost. Three points we can pick up elsewhere.

Utterly classless from Chelsea though, giving Jose (you could say that Chelsea wouldn't be where they are without them) that kind of treatment, and also Conte over-celebrating. Completely out of proportionate and disrespectful.

Then again, I would expect nothing less from a shithouse artificial club like that.

settembrini

We need to start playing a proper defensive midfielder alongside Herrera and Pogba.

SalfordRed1960

Players really let us down.

Mourinho showing more fight than the whole lot of them. Getting in contes face for trying to showboat to the crowd and urging his players on at 4-0.

Nonetheless, we deserved this result. Flat performance riddled with errors. Workrate was severely lacking. It wasnt that chelski played fantastic football. It was that they got to every 50/50 ball and chased each lost cause down to the end. They also closed us down admirably the minute we got near their half.

Alot of mentally weak players out there who dont want to fight for the shirt. The likes of Fellaini should never play for us again. NEVER. Blind wasnt that much better either.

Just makes you wonder why Shaw and Mikhtarayan havent featured more? We have to stop using the same players that LVG and Moyes brought in. They ARENT good enough.
Most of those players were Fergie or Jose players. Only Blind can be deemed LVG. Only Fellani can be deemed Moyes.

Ixion

Ehh such an early goal made things really difficult when we obviously went for a draw like at Liverpool. Once it was two it was game over. No excuse for throwing in the towel and half-assing it though. Terrible result but it's been a tough little run of fixtures.

What I will say though is Smalling has never been as good as a lot of United fans claim.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
What was that reaction from the players at full time? None of them seemed to take this crushing loss at heart, almost as if it didn't matter to them. Too many off them were just buddy-buddy with the Chelsea players, and not one of them seemed to show any pain after that loss.

I wonder if the club will do something after this match because I can't believe how relaxed our players looked at full time.
It pissed me off. Smiling after a 4-0 drubbing. fecking hell.

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 513 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Chelsea 1:1 Man Utd
  • 21% Chelsea 1:2 Man Utd