PL L FA Premier League

Chelsea 4:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 23 October 2016

Hed Zitin

Needed a drink or two after that.

We are just not a good team. We don't have an identity. We don't play as a team. We're simply a shambles. Crap from top to bottom. Never a top four team based on what I've seen so far.

I don't know what we need to do. Carrick in, Try Rashford up front short term.

The reaction at the end was annoying to see. Fecking mercenaries smiling.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Practicing fecking goal celebrations in training this week. Just embarrassing

edcunited1878

First goal against City was a defensive shitshow. First goal today, and all the goals, were a shitshow.

I was confident of getting the goal to make it 2-1. United had their best spell again after halftime with the introduction of Mata.

The trio of Pogba, Mata and Lingard should have played from the start.

DevilRed

One mistake at the beginning of the match had us undone. Very weak mentality.

Apparently De Gea shouted for the ball which is why Smalling left it?

Nonetheless, we made chelski look much better than they are.

This team needs a run of matches at home where we win convincingly to gain our confidence back. Never again should Fellaini be selected. Nor should we bench Mikhitaryan and Martial.

RedPnutz

Pretty much the same side that played against Liverpool. That worked out ok.

Not sure how is it the manager's fault that the players decided not to switch on in the first 30 seconds.

It is easy to blame the manager and claim those are his tactics and his players but sometimes you can't plan for players shitting themselves, which was basically what happened to our defence.

I am not saying the result is ok or that I am happy with it. I hoped for a draw but expected to lose, though not by 4 goals.

But Chelsea played really well today and exploited our lethargy from playing on Monday and Thursday.

We always knew this season was going to be tough and it also appears that we don't really know how to manage with Thursday games.

Irrational.

Look at their fecking attitude, they just got embarrassed 4-0 and were laughing and swapping shirts with the Chelsea players after the game. They should be distraught and embarrassed to show their faces, let alone posing with the fecking Chelsea players.
I agree. This was utterly disgraceful.

Our team doesn't have a nasty streak and that doesn't help us at times. I thought Ibra was going to bring that, but he has been so, so disappointing. He's the worst leader I've seen. Look at Chelsea - their whole XI is studded with cnuts.

Devil may care

It's easy to get over emotional after a dire performance like that, the thing is it's not the first time I've seen us tonked but I can't remember being tonked in such a self inflcited manner by a team that didn't even play all that well, I'd expect most PL teams to capitalize against the Sunday league defending from us today.

I also think the attack is a disjointed concenr, people like @Twigginater might have the last bittersweet laugh at some of us.

Ludens the Red

Strange game, lost 4-0 to a side who genuinely weren't that good but we were so error prone that we deserved to lose 4-0.
Their back three had it easy, playing our front three so far apart played into their hands on top of the fact our cf was basically a cone for 90 mins.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Another away game, another defeat. I just expect it these days, the draw on Monday felt as good as a win.

We have no ideas whatsoever in attack other than lumping it towards the ineffective Zlatan.

The centre midfield is a joke and Carrick still looks a cut above any of them.

Not sure what the answer is, i can't see a starting line up i'd pick that is better than our rivals.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Arguably the worst loss since Fergie retired. At least before, I hung on to hope with a better manager those embarrassing losses will end, but we just suffered a 4-0 drumming with Jose.

There was literally nothing positive today and I feel like we've no hope for top 4 this season.

I don't even know anymore. Any optimism I had is completely gone.
No way is this the worst loss since Fergie retired. Clearly you've blanked out the week in March 2014 when we lost 3-0 to both Liverpool and City, at home.

This loss, in context, ain't that bad. Fortunately because of other slip ups we are only six points off top spot. Yes it's embarrassing but it's not terminal for the season.

Red Viking

Its amazing people can give this game an average 3.5 after losing 4-0... that is too near an average rating from 1-10

Classical Mechanic

Strange game, lost 4-0 to a side who genuinely weren't that good but we were so error prone that we deserved to lose 4-0.
Their back three had it easy, playing our front three so far apart played into their hands on top of the fact our cf was basically a cone for 90 mins.
We actually had more possession and more shots. Awful defending from us cost us the game.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Ok here goes..

The problem with essentially setting up 6-3-1 to contain and counter is that it's useless when Smalling, Blind and De Gea have a brain fart inside 30 seconds.

The initial response was very good but with no final product. Ibra just didn't look good enough which is an odd thing to say about such a quality player but isn't leading the line in the way we expect him to.

The second goal was so poor from a defensive point of view it's unreal. Smalling turned his back, Blind didn't charge the ball, nobody taking charge. Shambles.

Mata and valencia for the third goal were shocking. And the less said about herrera and pogba for the forth the better.

So, what us the point in setting up to counter if your two fast outlets are defending in the full back positions?

It was so poor today, so poor. Tactically, mentally and physically.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
What was that reaction from the players at full time? None of them seemed to take this crushing loss at heart, almost as if it didn't matter to them. Too many off them were just buddy-buddy with the Chelsea players, and not one of them seemed to show any pain after that loss.

I wonder if the club will do something after this match because I can't believe how relaxed our players looked at full time.
This is exactly our problem. they just didn't care.

Ivor Ballokov

There is no shame in losing 4-0 to a better team playing great football, that wasn't the case today, we handed the result to them without making them break a sweat.

Smalling and Fellaini were particularly poor, but then nobody apart from Valencia could really hold their heads up after that.

Eddy_JukeZ

No way is this the worst loss since Fergie retired. Clearly you've blanked out the week in March 2014 when we lost 3-0 to both Liverpool and City, at home.

This loss, in context, ain't that bad. Fortunately because of other slip ups we are only six points off top spot. Yes it's embarrassing but it's not terminal for the season.
I vividly remember those losses.

But like I said, I knew it was because of Moyes. So I thought with a better manager we'd avoid those disasters. So that was 1 positive albeit it slight at the time.

I think there's literally nothing positive to take from today. Lost 4-0 to a team Jose coached last season.

Fingeredmouse

No idea where we go from here. Patience and suffering I guess, but some hope would be nice...and I mean playing unexpectedly well hope not spend a fortune on players hope.

Denis79

I'm a grown man in his late 30's. I shouldn't get annoyed or angry watchin football but feck me I'm furious right now. What the feck was that?!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It's easy to get over emotional after a dire performance like that, the thing is it's not the first time I've seen us tonked but I can't remember being tonked in such a self inflcited manner by a team that didn't even play all that well, I'd expect most PL teams to capitalize against the Sunday league defending from us today.

I also think the attack is a disjointed concenr, people like @Twigginater might have the last bittersweet laugh at some of us.
I'd rather not to be fair. I'd rather be eating humble pie.

DevilRed

6 points behind the top teams. At least we have a run of so called "easier" matches coming up.

Brutal schedule to start the season. On the bright side at least we got a few difficult away fixtures out the way.

Now we just need to find our confidence, our best eleven (today will go along way to helping that) and not slip up against the smaller teams. The league is won by getting points against the so called "easier" fixtures. Not by beating direct rivals.

redshaw

Reminds me of the 5-0 loss at the Bridge with Sutton an co. That defeat was a real kick up the arse back then, I don't get the sense this will be though.

Going to take a lot of thinking and motivating and also getting rid of more players. I'm willing to give him 2-3 seasons. We've amassed a sorry bunch of players over the last 3 years and still have a very unbalanced set of players, selecting a team from them is very difficult and can easily backfire. They don't and can't cover for each other week to week and only do well every so often. United has to win every week its that simple.

What is also a killer is we're a 50 goal a season type team. We can't dig ourselves out of the shit and getting a goal is like pulling teeth ever since Fergie left.

King Eric 7

I don't know if it's one of those weird feelings in football but we always seem to suffer after having a midweek game and it feels like this problem doesn't affect the other top clubs as much as it does us.

Mourinho should have rested more players on Thursday, especially Pogba who is not up to the pace of the PL.

The_Order

It will get worse before it gets better I'm afraid.

But man, how do you capitulate at the 30th second and miss every chance given to you?

BlakeUtd

want to see what mou will say its the only way i can get some closure. My whole week is already feckked

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Think Zlatan needs a spell on the bench. Play Martial/Rashford. Those two had good chemistry last season - those two are one of the good things LVG did - so why not continue that? Zlatan can slot in off the bench etc, whilst providing leadership for the little ones in the dressing room. To make him central is not working - or it's not working with the players around him.

Pogba needs a good talking to and some proper guidance.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Mourinho sounded delusional post match. Good fighting spirit though.

Irrational.

Jose post match comments:

- Was all downhill after conceding in the first minute.
- Told players to take risks in the second half
- United undone by the counter-attack and "incredible defensive mistakes" alongside "individual defensive mistakes"
- Doesn't want to speak about David Luiz incident
- Losing 1-0 or 4-0 is the same
- United need to pick up points and win several matches
- Was not expecting anything from the crowd
- Didn't want to reveal what he said to Conte at the end

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
want to see what mou will say its the only way i can get some closure. My whole week is already feckked
He said everytime we looked like scoring one back, they would score the second, third and fourth. One of those days. Not sure what he's talking about as we created one chance in the game, the zlatan header.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Bet we beat City mid-week:wenger::D

CS@SG

Jose said they went with offensive approach, not parking bus.

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 513 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Chelsea 1:1 Man Utd
  • 21% Chelsea 1:2 Man Utd