FA L FA Cup Final

Chelsea 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 19 May 2018

Kapardin

Next season, style of play must improve, or Mourinho should be done with United. Losing to this Chelsea team is embarrassing.

Should ideally loan out Rashford, he's nowhere good enough for us.

wolvored

We attacked well enough, especially in the second half but lost. All those who say they want attacking football and don't care about the results should take a look at themselves.
How did we attack well enough? 2-3 shots on goal not one that called for a wc save

Siorac

We got mourinhoed by Chelsea. This game was basically our manager's wet dream, except he was on the other side of it for once.

We gave them 45 minutes advantage and then lacked any sort of creativity or guile in the second half when we finally managed to put pressure on them. Chelsea played terribly for the most part, giving the ball back to us time and again but we did feck all with it.

Thank feck the season is over at least. Not really looking forward to the next one either.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Anyone who is worried about rashford and martial leaving are fecking deluded

I love rashford but not good enough the second half of this season stopped doing all the things he did when he broke through

Martial awful lack of effort

Inconsistent end product from both
They’re both nothing players.

Our squad still contains an astonishing amount of dross.

Glad this season is over.

Can7onA

Utter crap again, we didn't even deserve a draw that's how bad we were.

What makes it worse is that Chelsea are worse than us and they still won. We need a clear out in the summer, no bollocks half of them.

spiriticon

That was a top performance on how to stay in 2nd gear, no matter the occasion.

Cool, calm and non-threatening.

montpelier

They're not truly terrible but Jones / Smalling always have a mistake in their locker.

BigdaftGorby

We deserved nothing....no momentum going into that game.
Decided to have a go from the 50th min onward.
We are not the 2nd best team in the league, we just have a God in goal.

Jose will be here next season, probably season after that as long as he gets top 4.

Can’t see us winning the league under him.

witchtrials

A poor season. We've won nothing and come nowhere near in the two competitions that matter most. Our playing style is still a dog's breakfast and our squad still looks like all but a couple of players are dispensable.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Couldn’t create a feck

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Man United have no ruthlessness about them nowadays.

Martial lazily crossing the ball out for a goal kick near the end sticks in my mind.

Only saw the second half but thought Kante was brilliant at breaking up the player and Hazard is just a superb ball carrier across the pitch, runs down the clock superbly.

Barnslig

I honestly hate this fecking team, how can they be this absolute garbage for 90 minutes? I honestly can only think of 2 (maybe 3) chances created over 90 minutes, absolute trash. Hope most of the team fecks off in the summer, this is nowhere near good enough

Lukakusfirsttouch

Pogba smiling at the end has infuriated me. Think any player under SAF would do that? Absolute joke. Hate half our players and if we sell Martial and keep Rashford I’m done.

Roboc7

Simply not good enough, first half was an embarrassment, I understand Mourinho is pragmatic but Chelsea were there for taking.

Bored of watching same attacking play for 5 years now, passing from side to side, no tempo and no movement.

Mister_Stubbs

feck off this season, feck off jose, feck off Jones, feck off Rashford, feck off everything.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
just seemed like we set up to stop Chelsea and mainly Hazard and when jones made his mistake and we had to go on the attack we just didnt have enough of a plan going forwards to break down a well organised team.

cyberman

How many defensive errors must we make v top sides?
Every other game is a disaster, we're OK in low blocks when we have others to cover but in tight games when we have our fair share of the ball its a calamity every time.
It puts a ridiculous amount of pressure on our forward players. Thanks to Jones we had to play against 11 players camped in front of Courtois.

edgar allan

I love rashford but not good enough the second half of this season stopped doing all the things he did when he broke through

Have a word with yourself. Rashford is only 20 and Martial was only on for 15 mins

GHam

Ah well don't worry about it. Pogba, Lingard etc will all be on Instagram Monday morning fecking about and getting their little haircuts and playing Fortnite and showing off in their mansions. They couldn't give a crap. People ask me why I don't go and see them every week. Why on Earth should I? It winds me up seeing them all thinking they are Gods gift to football all week then in the FA Cup Final, 1-0 down, they can't even get a free kick over the first man.

Football has become a boy's sport. It died as a man's sport years ago.

Reactions: Niall

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This is Mourinho in a nutshell. We come up against a team who has played like shit all season, we have better players in most positions... yet he sets up to nullify them instead of coming with a game plan of how to create chances and win the game yourself. Can't wait til he's out of the club.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

Martial produced our best chance. It was his ball in that found Pogba who should have scored. Made some contributions, but his final act was shite. Other than that, and at the time he came on, he did all right. Should have started over Rash.

Skills

Snitch
Another trophyless season for Mourinho? Must be like 4 in his last 6? Madrid, Chelsea x2, United x1

What a winner.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Without Lukaku we were pretty toothless in attack. Too bad Rashford had little confidence going into the match.

JezChan

First half was absolutely tumescent. Pushed well in the second half but just not our day. Didn't want it enough on the whole.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Another quite frankly dreadful first half performance followed by a vastly improved second half. This has been a recurring theme all season and ultimately it has cost us today.

JG3001

Pogba, Jones, Jose. They are my choices to get rid. Useless

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Knew it. Went in big favourites. Underperformed against a poor team during the first half and that's all she wrote.

Also, their MOTM was either Courtois or Kante.

Hazard, eternally a little bitch.

Player Ratings

4.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 367 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 39% Chelsea 1:2 Man Utd