PL D FA Premier League

Crystal Palace 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 18 January 2023

wangyu

Our defense played their socks off again but in attack it is all so mediocre most of the time

sixdwarf

I've already sorted it out in my head, Expected nothing or maybe a point vs City. So I suppose 4 points from these two games is not bad. Just hoping we stay ahead of Spurs and everyone else behind them.

On another note, AWB has been a revelation. ETH is some coach.
Yeah we would have taken 4pts froml the City and Palace games last week. Sadly we lost out on a VAR decision. Clearly Mc Tom was fouled for a pen that wasnt awarded. How we didnt get a spot kick is incredible. What the hell are they doing at Stockley Park.

krazyrobus

People need to seriously get a fvcking grip, it’s a bump in the road that can happen to any team and the fact everyone is losing their shit because a so called title challenge is over is mind boggling,.
Have we all forgotten where we were not even 6 months ago ?
You all thought we’d win every game from now on ? Top 4 and a cup would be a fantastic first season for ETH so let’s all calm down a wee bit eh
Too sensible, get outta here! We need more emotional bitches crying about 10 wins and a draw.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Got what we deserve after the atrocious second half. Play crap get crap results.

It's a tough one to take with the manner of it though. Not getting a blatant penalty and being undone by a last minute screamer but these things happens can't win them all. I'm still positive. We're in the middle of a very tough week but get through it and hopefully we can pull together another run.

iamking

Casemiro was brilliant whole game.. its a pity how this game ended for him... Feel we should have pressed hard for a 2nd goal. We were completely flat inviting them on.

Kopral Jono

Strange game. Despite looking a bit listless throughout on another day we would have seen that one through comfortably, but you just know a real rotter like that was coming.

DeeDee7

Urgh... gutting end to the game but people need some perspective. 5 games in 15 days is going to have its effects. its still a good point away at a tough ground considering all that.

Re Casemiro. His loss doesnt chabge the fact we need a perfect performance from 11- 13 players regardless against arsenal, we did it once, we can do it again. And we are literally at the half way point. 19 matches to go. Anything can happen

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Move on. Points dropped but we keep going. We can beat Arsenal without Casemiro like we did earlier in the season.

MalaysianRed7

Shit happens, people need to remember that we’re part of a process that is taking surprisingly much less time to take shape than expected. I trust Ten Hag unconditionally to do right by us. We weren’t great tonight but Palace only equalised from an incredible free kick.

justsomebloke

Again - scoring / looking like scoring doesn’t detract from the fact he gives the ball away fecking loads!
Which again doesn't detract from the loads of quality involvements he has, and which you evidently don't notice? Our best player today.

glasgow 21

Disappointing result but you know the score, teams like Palace have been doing this for years against us their one big game where they run all day and have a worldie set play. Watch them play when they are safe from relegation they will be on the beach in March. Mctominay enough said already, adds nothing but is a plus to the opposition every time he comes on. Ten Hag will be raging enough for all of us. Heads up, bad night on to the next one.

eire-red

The penalty was annoying, but sometimes you feel these idiotic decisions are going to happen when you've had a lucky break the game before.

Palace didn't do much and rescued it on a wonder goal. 2 points dropped is frustrating. Going to have to play on the counter vs Arsenal without Casemrio in the middle.

AndyMUFC

Nothing wrong with the defence, was a cracking free kick that levelled it and you can’t keep up 1-0 wins forever. Need to be better going forward.

So annoying that Casemiro got booked as well.

edgecutter

To be fair we could easily have lost this game. 2 wonderful saves by de gea kept us in it

Laurencio

I can't even begin to explain how bad Palace are. And somehow we looked the worse of the two teams in the second half. Two steps forward, one step back.
They replaced their entire front line and part of their midfield with physically fit and strong players. We were always going to struggle a bit second half. The key was to kill the game in the first half or early in the second half.

The lack of a proper 9 was also a problem. A faster Weghorst probably would have had a goal or two early on.

Despite that they only equalised from a wonder goal and if Casemiro hadn't tripped, we would have won anyway. Bad luck and a physicislly tough team did us in today.

justsomebloke

I am starting to come around to the conclusion that Bruno is a net negative for us in tight games.

We're away at a tough PL ground and we're largely controlling the game...until the ball goes anywhere near Bruno. When he gets on the ball its chaos. There's a 20% chance of a wonder pass and an 80% chance he'll gift the ball to the opposition in a dangerous area.

Top players in top teams dont play that way.
Sorry, but that's rubbish. You are not paying attention if you think that.

Marwood

Why?
For me Case is the difference between 3 points or 0 points against Arsenal.
So that’s 4 points from 2 games with Case or 3 points without Case
Well let's at least play the Arsenal game before deciding we know the result.

Heinzesight

The first half we were so controlled. Passing round the back nicely when we needed to slow things down a bit. It was all incredibly sensible play for the first 45.

I just can’t comprehend how that just went out of the window second half with such sloppy passing. We needed someone to just put their foot on the ball and calm things down but it was attack after attack breaking down due to pure sloppy play.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Disagree with those saying it is a good point. It is a game we should have won.

Olecurls99

Was that free taken 5 yards closer to the goal to where the foul actually happened? Why aren't the players on top of that?

PoTMS

The fact that we were about to go second with a GD of +9 tells you we're nowhere near the title.

RedDevilQuebecois

Blatant pen.

VAR is awful.
Same feeling. There is nothing worse than incompetent or corrupt refs not doing their job.

Nevertheless, the big L has to come down on Ten Hag. I haven't had gripes with the manager in a while because he has done a stellar job, but Casemiro really had to be pulled out in the first wave of substitutions tonight. Otherwise, why are we bothering to pay wages to other midfielders when they know their roles for 30 minutes or less?

Speaking of Rashford, I felt he was too selfish today after the media reminded him of scoring in the last 7 games. He should have focused on the teamwork first and then capitalize if the chances came by, just as in the previous stretch of 7 games.

Overall, we squandered it big time against a team that had all the trouble in the world in finding goals.

Michael T

Well, that was a bit of a kick in the stomach - two in fact with the Casemiro booking; the match seemed to slip away from us from there. I hope the lads can dust themselves off and be at their best on Sunday,

I suppose it's s easy to get a bit carried away with the amazing progress Eric and the team have made; I should remind myself of where we were last summer, and my original expectations for this season, but tonight really stung.

Ah well, still early days - bring on Arsenal.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Our forwards had a day off. Casemiro was imperious for most of the game and then onto having the worst moments in a United shirt. Booking and the missed chance.

sirAlexsglasses

Typical United to put ourselves under so much pressure with misplaced passes, those must have been in the high percentage tonight. We badly need a prolific number 9 to finish this type of game and relieve the pressure, as for the penalty claim, for me it was stonewall even at the first glance, but I just KNEW that we would pay for the City fiasco (even though it was awarded), shocking decision to not allow the ref to see it. But as I say we created so much of our own pain tonight……it’s the United way.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sloppy attacking performance throughout, midfield and defence were good, ref fecked us out of a penalty and we still overall dominated, had enough chances to extend the lead and they created nothing. Draw is just one of those things that happen when you don't have an elite attack, but also we have been on a 9 game winning run so it's just one of those things.

Casemiro out for Arsenal is the more annoying thing, which wouldn't have been that annoying had we won.

Wheato

Ran out of gas tonight. We were giving the ball away because we didn't have the legs to run with it. Bruno was finished on 70 mins. Rashford after 45 mins. Because we couldn't move the ball up the pitch, we were inviting pressure in the last 15. We should have thrown everything at a second goal, and seen the game out with fresh subs.

9 wins and 1 draw is a pretty decent run.

arthurka

Sorry but that was a penalty and we looked like this was our eighth game since the WC Arsenal has played 5 in the same period. We looked shot in the second half. Rest couple of days get a gameplan and do one on the dance floor.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Sloppy attacking performance throughout, midfield and defence were good, ref fecked us out of a penalty and we still overall dominated, had enough chances to extend the lead and they created nothing. Draw is just one of those things that happen when you don't have an elite attack, but also we have been on a 9 game winning run so it's just one of those things.

Casemiro out for Arsenal is the more annoying thing, which wouldn't have been that annoying had we won.
Agree with this, really frustrating but we dont have a Haaland to put games beyond teams.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
So fecking frustrating, especially Antony and Rashford. Entire team went to shit in 2nd half too.

Of course no penalty given with all the media circus

Long Time Red

I really think there's a lot of positives to take from that game.

The players would have been exhausted after the City game and we can't play well every game.

Sometimes taking a point and keeping an unbeaten run going when we're not quite at our best can let us keep our momentum.

Could have easily lost that tonight, 2 incredible saves from De Gea.

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 255 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 43% Crystal Palace 0:2 Man Utd
  • 18% Crystal Palace 1:2 Man Utd