g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sat, 30 September 2023

FerociousCorgis

He's certainly using up all of his credits, that's for sure. Also making the Sancho situation all the more ridiculous with each passing game.
Nah feck Sancho. The Sancho situation is on him for being unprofessional, just like he has been before on all his stops

Moriarty

10th place, -4 goal difference, 9 points behind the league leaders and it's only the end of September. Trying to be positive but we can't afford to drop many more points between now and Christmas.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Nah feck Sancho. The Sancho situation is on him for being unprofessional, just like he has been before on all his stops
Not disputing that. Just saying if Ten Hag is quick to call players out in training, he should be just as consistent in digging players out who are shite on match days.

I refuse to believe that Sancho has been the only player not pulling his weight in that team. You now can't use Sancho's lack of application as the reason for our recent shittiness.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
We should ask to play in Edervise.

The pro is we are dire in attack. We have no patterns and can’t create anything. There is no excuses. I won’t play Palace to play with their weapons. Under Fergie, we win that 100%.
Nah we lost plenty of games like that under Fergie. It was the only way other teams had a chance.

Wing Attack Plan R

Get a LB back, put Amrabat with Casemiro and Mount, play Bruno out right and Garnacho out left with Martial if fit up top, with Hojlund to come on.
If Reguilón comes back soon, that would be a good set up. Although I’m starting to wonder how we play Bruno, Mount, and Amrabat together because all 3 want to be the one dictating playz

Juansar_07

No cohesion in our attacking play in the slightest. CP were content to sit back knowing very well the inability of our players to play incisively. We were just putting countless crosses in from side to side. No taking on the man, no particular pattern in the play, no one to overlap on the left(alas). At times the defense barely had any option to pick anyone in the center of midfield as both Mount and Bruno were far too advanced in position.

Rashford did well initially and also created a chance thru Hojlund with the only time he chose to pass. Though he tapered off as the game progressed and went anonymous once moved to the right.

All in all a toothless performance tonight and far too insipid for perhaps 7 of 8 times now this season.

Ten Hag needs to sort out the current mess real quick as it's not just the result that's the issue, it's how oblivious the team is looking especially in attack.

Gordon S

Whatever EtH tries to do, it is not working. We have 77% possession and 19 attempts and have only a handful chances created worth the name.

Having said that, we are unlucky as well. Andersen could try that 100 more times and will hit the roof of the net maybe 4 times. And some of the chances we create were definitely good enough for a better result.

Wing Attack Plan R

Not disputing that. Just saying if Ten Hag is quick to call players out in training, he should be just as consistent in digging players out who are shite on match days.

I refuse to believe that Sancho has been the only player not pulling his weight in that team. You now can't use Sancho's lack of application as the reason for our recent shittiness.
Ten Hag isn’t, though. He gave Sancho cuddles and a warm blanket for 3 months, then when asked a direct question about him said he didn’t train well that week. Hardly the reputation assassin you suggest.

Dannn411

Get a LB back, put Amrabat with Casemiro and Mount, play Bruno out right and Garnacho out left with Martial if fit up top, with Hojlund to come on.
If Bruno is not central, he should be dropped. He is not even doing his job as a CAM yet people want him shoehorned into the team for what reason? As with Rashford, Bruno should have to fight for his position with Mount and Eriksen and Hannibal and if he had to fight for his position, he would be on the bench.

Lights Out

I think we’ve played well in most matches this season and been unlucky.

But not today. That was just a disgrace of a performance.

Very worrying times - feels like it’s back to the drawing board again.

Zlatans Knee

Why can’t Rashford be dropped? Sick and tired of watching him stink up the place seriously.
I said this after the previous game v Crystal Palace but some people on here thought that I have no clue what I am talking about. No one should have a guaranteed starting spot on the team. Either perform or get on the bench.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If Bruno is not central, he should be dropped. He is not even doing his job as a CAM yet people want him shoehorned into the team for what reason? As with Rashford, Bruno should have to fight for his position with Mount and Eriksen and Hannibal and if he had to fight for his position, he would be on the bench.
You are probably right, it takes some courage to do it. Pep would do it, but he also has unending options to replace players with.

Redfrog

He’s paid like one of the best player in the world but is producing nothing on the pitch. If anything, his criticism isn’t enough.
Imagine Real Madrid’s supporters booing Ronaldo from time to time, but we find excuses to Rashford.

Micky Targaryen

What was more piss poor, is this place going whole RAWK mode, ref/VAR this ref/VAR that, luck this luck that, "if that was us, it would be pen, he would give us 15 red cards, GK turned into prime X" etc. Shameless shit
Agreed. Resisted to say the same, thinking I would be crucified in this forum.

justsomebloke

What, you didn't notice the 15 or so excellent offensive passes Bruno had out there? That was actually a strong performance, unless the only thing you notice is the scoreline.

It’s a tragic start we have made. I was really looking forward to this season, after an excellent first season for ETH. I thought we would improve further and might even be in the mix for the title. Well, that looks impossible already. So many times since Fergie retired it’s been one step forward and two steps back, and it looks like it’s happened again.

It just seems that no matter how many times we replace the manager; no matter who we sign or how much money we spend, we remain mediocre. That has to be a consequence of the owners and the board: their lack of leadership. The culture at the club is all wrong; it’s a never ending circus. Year after year it feels like we are trying run through treacle. It drains all your energy as a fan.

Today’s team looked very strong on paper, only for them to lose at home to Palace. It’s unacceptable how often average sides can come to Old Trafford and win now. It isn’t even a surprise any more. It’s a very sad situation and I don’t know how we become challengers again. Not under these owners.

Redfrog

Nah we lost plenty of games like that under Fergie. It was the only way other teams had a chance.
Yeah, right. In 26 years, he lost some games, but plenty ? Do you think he would have 13 league titles if he lost plenty of games like that every season.
My god, no wonder we are sh*t since he is gone. Fergie lost some games so it’s alright to lose 4 in 7 . You know Fergie lost 1-6 to City once, so it’s alright to get whipped every time we play them or Liverpool.
I have not seen a clear cut chance today. We had plenty almost every game under Fergie. There is no patterns of play, as simple as that.
In more then a year, I have not seen a coherent attacking play under ETH.

mu4c_20le

Andersen takes the ball down with his hand. You can't see it from that angle. Should have been a penalty, I think.
No even at that angle you can clearly see the ball change trajectory. Rashford and half the ground was up in arms.

I still dont understand why it wasn't a pen, I thought intent was no longer relevant, and he clearly takes a look and knows the ball was coming anyways.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah, right. In 26 years, he lost some games, but plenty ? Do you think he would have 13 league titles if he lost plenty of games like that every season.
My god, no wonder we are sh*t since he is gone. Fergie lost some games so it’s alright to lose 4 in 7 . You know Fergie lost 1-6 to City once, so it’s alright to get whipped every time we play them or Liverpool.
I have not seen a clear cut chance today. We had plenty almost every game under Fergie. There is no patterns of play, as simple as that.
What the feck are you on about? I never said it was in one season but we lost plenty of games like that over the 26 years. At least one or two a season on average. Teams always tried to shithouse wins against us. I also never said it was ok to lose 4 in 7 :lol: just arguing with made up things here.

Wing Attack Plan R

You leave Roy out of this, I am not sure what else you expect from him when our front three has gone from Zaha Edouard Olise to Schlupp Mateta Ayew. Frightening drop-off in quality that, it’s Eze and nothing.
It’s a results business and Roy got the 3 points. Ultimately it doesn’t matter how you win as long as you do win, and that front 3 is not scaring anyone. Congratulations on the win, I’m more angry at my team than dumping on yours, sorry.

Wing Attack Plan R

Pretty sure that’s not what he said, but maybe hyperbole is your jam.

If you somehow left the room after the Palace goal, we were rampant for the next 5-10 minutes, had fluid patterns in attack, and created several chances in quick succession, just to disprove one set of your complaints.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ten Hag isn’t, though. He gave Sancho cuddles and a warm blanket for 3 months, then when asked a direct question about him said he didn’t train well that week. Hardly the reputation assassin you suggest.
Yeah but he didn't need to say it though, did he? I don't blame Sancho for putting the record straight either.

Rashford's been poor this season. I bet if asked a direct question about his form, ten Hag would not be as blunt as he was about Sancho. Sancho was also playing better than Rashford at the start of the season too.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Wonder if these losses can convince Glazers to sell United. At least that would be a positive.
Why would they? People are still going to games, including those who are apparently protesting.

Pretty sure that’s not what he said, but maybe hyperbole is your jam.

If you somehow left the room after the Palace goal, we were rampant for the next 5-10 minutes, had fluid patterns in attack, and created several chances in quick succession, just to disprove one set of your complaints.
I watched the whole game. This is not true.

Speako

It’s been a while since I’ve heard that loud a chorus of boos at OT at full time. A truly woeful watch. I could write ten pages on our issues today, but really can’t be bothered. Even the drenching walking back to the car just made us shrug shoulders in begrudging acceptance of a sh1te afternoon. Felt like 1989.

Wing Attack Plan R

Yeah but he didn't need to say it though, did he? I don't blame Sancho for putting the record straight either.

Rashford's been poor this season. I bet if asked a direct question about his form, ten Hag would not be as blunt as he was about Sancho. Sancho was also playing better than Rashford at the start of the season too.
Absolutely he needed to say it, because he would be blamed for excluding Sancho. Sancho is malingering and lazy. Rashford also being shit isn’t really the point. And if/when he drops Rashford, I would expect him to say something about his game performances. If he’s fecking off during training, I’d expect him to say something about that if he’s asked a direct question.

Guapa

Feck me we're garbage.Looks like they've down tools for the manager to me.

It’s been a while since I’ve heard that loud a chorus of boos at OT at full time. A truly woeful watch. I could write ten pages on our issues today, but really can’t be bothered. Even the drenching walking back to the car just made us shrug shoulders in begrudging acceptance of a sh1te afternoon. Felt like 1989.
Yes, something is very wrong at the club once again. We are the tabloids’ dream. At least the 1989 squad had the excuse of containing some terrible players. In 2023 we have the most expensive squad in world football, though you would never guess by watching them today. It’s depressing to be back at square one.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Absolutely he needed to say it, because he would be blamed for excluding Sancho. Sancho is malingering and lazy. Rashford also being shit isn’t really the point.
He absolutely is if you are starting him every week regardless. It renders any argument you make null and void.

It's just like the Southgate/Maguire debacle. It just makes Southgate sound like a tw@t and gives him zero credibility when defending his decision to start Maguire.

Wing Attack Plan R

He absolutely is if you are starting him very week regardless. It renders any argument you make null and void.

It's just like the Southgate/Maguire debacle. It just makes Southgate sound like a tw@t and gives him zero credibility when defending his decision to start Maguire.
Try and stay on topic. Sancho was dropped for half-assed training. Rashford has not been dropped. What questions are you expecting him to be asked, “why aren’t you dropping Rashford?” He’s seeing enough from Rashford in training to include him. The other option, Garnacho, has never pulled up trees when starting. Ten Hag has already seen that Garnacho is more useful as a sub. I think what’s null and void is your dogged devotion to Sancho.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 207 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 39% Man Utd 2:0 Crystal Palace
  • 18% Man Utd 2:1 Crystal Palace