PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Crystal Palace

Post-match discussion

Sat, 30 September 2023

Valencia Shin Crosses

Every match feels like such a slog. There's no fluency or ease to anything we do. Everything looks so difficult. It's not like the opposition team are really getting up to much, Palace were barely good for more than a total of two or three attacks in that entire game, but we just aren't doing anything going forward at all.
People for some reason thought an elite striker would make us contenders when we can’t even get the ball to the striker we actually bought.

Also it gets so clearly exposed how little drive we have from midfield. None of these guys can carry the ball past someone so we have to endlessly pass side to side to progress it.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
I don't understand the need to keep possession at all costs against Palace at home? Get the ball in the box, make some crosses, get some shots in.
There was no urgency to the get the ball up the pitch until it was too late

RoyH1

Another day, another disappointment. Might as well watch the rugby

Kopral Jono

ETH head is shining bright. I think he lost some more hair

Oh and 3-0 against CP 2nd string.. laughable bringing Martial trying to save the game

Oh and Hojlund is shit
Hojlund might turn out to be star in the future but he absolutely isn't a profile we need RIGHT NOW. We needed a Harry Kane and Harry fecking Kane himself was available during the summer! Shambles.

Bobski

It was shit after a promising 15 mins when the shape seemed to cause Palace a few issues. Once they worked out it was just safe, neutral possession they were very comfortable.

At least we can go even deeper into ref victimhood mentality.

The Hilton

Clearly the better team, with the better chances, against a parked bus that was tough to break down and a referee that was giving them everything.

Palace are pretty good at this though, nicking a somewhat fortunate goal and defending for their lives.

Having said that, we still partly have ourselves to blame as we win the ball in such dangerous positions and then end up falling over ourselves with poor decision making, either dawdling on the ball or getting the passes wrong.

RedChisel

Should just forfeit the rest of the season and take relegation. Would be less embarrassing than what we are going to face. We are going to get some serious twattings between now and May.

Ibrahimorich

Lacked a cutting edge but completely dominated the game. Sometimes it do be like that.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I am done with this club...... I will include ETH as well. When ever has Rashford play well on the right? When?! Rashford needs to be drop!!! His form is affecting this team, he is not scoring or passing. He is selfish and trying too hard and he doesn't deserve to be playing. Mount and Bruno hasn't mesh well, do you think that they will suddenly click? All these ××××ing possession doesn't win you game.
I think ETH will drop him eventually. He usually gives an out of form player a long rope and then they see the bench. Might not want to rock more boats seeing as we've got the Sancho situation etc.

SirMattlives

I thought we played ok, dominated possession but they got lucky. It was a day when we never really looked like scoring, odd. Take it on the chin and move on.

ShinjiNinja26

Garbage. I knew we wouldn’t win this anyway as we never win both games in a double header fixture but the performance was terrible. Very worrying.

Revan

Assumptionman
We desperately need a hard reset.

By hard reset I mean everything expect the name of the club and the stadium. The owners, management structure (or lack of it), ETH and most of the players should go. Fans should also change this mentality where the club is an institution created to worship underachieving managers.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Rashford - consistently useless, allowed to play shite game in, game out because he's the manager's wet dream fantasy.

Bruno - captain invisible. Trash player with no composure and makes the whole team panick.

Mount - daylight robbery.

Team - total shite, everywhere.

Manager - losing the plot slowly but surely. He's set for the chop at the end of the season if he doesn't up his game. Doubly so if we get a new owner.

Seems like watching United this season will be a waste of time, just like 2 seasons ago

Superden

so that dream of winning these easyily winnable fixtures before the derby didnt last very long did it.

that was as woeful as it gets in terms of tactics and team performance.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Same old same old. Moments FC embarrassed. Manager embarrassed.

Season over, just a question of how long to the inevitable sacking. Meanwhile Rashford will pocket 375k every week back to his true self of lazily moping around without the ball and running into defenders with it.
We scored a lot more goals in the previous version of Moments FC. A lot more.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I think we actually played well.

Kept the pressure on Palace for around 70 minutes, but just didn't score.

Final thirds the issue, I think we miss Antony on the right. Need a run of good form for the forwards and goals will do that.

When Shaw is back and Amrabat is in the midfield a fully fit squad makes us one of the best in the league IMO just need another game or two but I think we're turning a corner.

Ignore the result today there were some good performances and we're not far off it.
Really? You really that once they are back, we will do well. Sorry mate, it is not going to happen. I want to hear what excuse ETH is giving this time. I hope you defend your cup, I think it is the only thing you can win.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I thought we played ok, dominated possession but they got lucky. It was a day when we never really looked like scoring, odd. Take it on the chin and move on.
Yeah. That's my conclusion. It just sucks because we've had so few wins so far.

We need to move on. Nothing else to do.

lex talionis

Mates, I have a recommendation for you. Thank me later. Forget about this result and go straight to USC v Colorado which is starting in a few minutes. If you want to watch a legend in the making it’s Caleb Williams, QB for USC. He leads the Trojans today against Coach Prime.

CtrlAltDeLigt

Being pointed out in the media that we are just suffering from a lack of effort recently. At this point, it’s easy to say our players have limited game intelligence.

You can blame the mangers or the players or the ownership, the club have been relying on moments, spells and a bit of luck with referees for a good few years, and that’s the reason for the inconsistent top 4 finishes, leave aside winning the league.

We need atleast 6-7 core players who are physical, mentally sharp and technical at the highest level. It’s very hard to argue any of our players have all 3 qualities, maybe except a Varane.

Cpt Negative

We’ve had one league game where we’ve scored more than one. It’s not odd, it’s a trend. We can’t score l, it was the the same last season, we just won a lot of games by the odd goal

Devil81

Mount and Hojlund cost us clost to 150 million pounds this summer. Neither one of them make us any better than the players they've replaced.

If we wanted a hard working selfless striker we should have just sign Weghorst for next to nothing and let him run himself into the ground again.

Bruno and Rashford need dropping though, the pair of them are holding this side back massively.

Hammondo

I don't understand the need to keep possession at all costs against Palace at home? Get the ball in the box, make some crosses, get some shots in.
There was no urgency to the get the ball up the pitch until it was too late
Strange top teams don't play like that.

I think we actually played well.

Kept the pressure on Palace for around 70 minutes, but just didn't score.

Final thirds the issue, I think we miss Antony on the right. Need a run of good form for the forwards and goals will do that.

When Shaw is back and Amrabat is in the midfield a fully fit squad makes us one of the best in the league IMO just need another game or two but I think we're turning a corner.

Ignore the result today there were some good performances and we're not far off it.
:lol: Trolling? This is turning into Moyes/Rangnick levels of football. Palace were comfortable all game. We only created 1 or 2 half chances.

IRELANDUNITED

Speaks volumes when Rashford is being taken off when we need a goal. I think the criticism he gets is unfair, but his performances this season are starting to become a problem.

redshaw

Very easy for Palace to just track our players and prevent anything meaningful to develop.

When we have possession we can't really do anything with it. No invention or making the angles for incisive passing.

First team players look dead and disinterested, playing at half pace.

MADReaLJL

"We play more as a team now" - sounds more like a joke each days passed.

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 207 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Crystal Palace win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 39% Man Utd 2:0 Crystal Palace
  • 18% Man Utd 2:1 Crystal Palace