FA W FA Cup Fourth Round

Derby County 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Fri, 29 January 2016

prateik

Good performance on the whole.
Disappointed that Adnan and Pareira didnt get any game time.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Smalling feck up aside, it was very close to being the perfect game and result.

Varela and Blind were superb.
Borthwick-Jackson was good too.
Martial was Martial.
Rooney fell over, could barely pass short and still scored.
Mata scored too.

I only wish Memphis had played.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Blind, Martial and Varela all excellent, good to see Rooney finding the net again and Carrick back getting some minutes. We certainly weren't boring either!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Very very good second half, which featured massively improved performances from Rooney, Mata, Blind and Lingard... hell even Fellaini was alright.

Martial and Varela were the two best performers overall... but yeah, a good nights work.

Nickosaur

Well I actually almost enjoyed that. Attacking we looked alright (I won't go as far as saying we looked good).

Martial is fantastic. Really impressed with CBJ and Varela. Infuriated that we didn't see anything of Januzaj and Pereira.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Happy with the result. Performance...meh. Carrick makes us much better. Rooney and Martial played well too. Blind was great going forward. Well done to the kids.

kps88

Martial being able to beat his man completely opened up the game for us. So important to have that in your locker when trying to break a side down.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Two very young fullbacks. Both excellent. Our best, most enjoyable, performance in months. OK, Championship side. I don't give a feck though, I needed that win for my sanity.

Martial is excellent.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Good performance and result. We can be satisfied with that. Martial MoTM for me along with Varela. Mata was our poorest player tonight, despite the goal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good enough performance today. Martial and Rooney were class. Varela and CBJ did really well as well.

Really annoyed that none of Memphis, Pereira and Januzaj got any minutes. Against a 2nd league team. Van Gaal just seems to have terrible man management if he can't give those players chances in games like today, yet subs Januzaj in at left wing back with 10 minutes to go against Southampton in a bad game.

Empire

Shows what we can do, now let's see if we can do it when pressed.

Rooney resembling a footballer helps us out a lot, his form in the first half of the season was absolutely awful, things like controlling a pass and finding his team mate with a pass makes a huge different to our play.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
old style cup performance v a lower league team, dominated them from the off, very comfortable, and not put off when they blagged their way in.

Looked good, even in a low gear.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Good performance and great to watch.

Schmeichel and Savage are so anti van gaal. Annoying to watch them

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
I've seen Sir Bobby wear his wife's hat before. I'm sure of it!

Anyways, championship side, should be beating them, piss poor as usual for large parts of the game, Martial :drool::drool::drool::drool:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good enough performance today. Martial and Rooney were class. Varela and CBJ did really well as well.

Really annoyed that none of Memphis, Pereira and Januzaj got any minutes. Against a 2nd league team. Van Gaal just seems to have terrible man management if he can't give those players chances in games like today, yet subs Januzaj in at left wing back with 10 minutes to go against Southampton in a bad game.
Could have given Martial a rest when we were on top, we are playing on Tue!

SalfordRed1960

Really enjoyed that. I think in part because the hairs on the back of your neck rise when hearing the United fans. Takes me back to the one thing I really miss.

If I was overly critical, Lingard, though he made a good pass, just seemed to have no role in the game, did practically nothing. Mata caught too often on the ball again. Morgan is certainly having a bad period, this is not the first time he has been found wanting. Rooney spent too much time outside the box.

But slightly faster passing, some nice interplay, and Martial from starting slow is really looking the business. The 2 youngsters were very composed, though they didn't have a lot to do.

Devil may care

Cracks successfully papered over against a mediocre Derby side. Martial was exciting and I thought both young fullbacks played well, as did Smalling.

mu4c_20le

Amazing support today, heard them belt out song after song especially when we were under pressure when it was still 1-1.

buckooo1978

good performance against a poor Derby side who respected us far too much and are on a worse run than us......

Martial by far the best player on the pitch but CBJ, Varela, Rooney, Blind all excellent

Fellaini had a better game but had we started with Carrick and Memphis/Januzaj on the right wed have scored 5 tonight

really hope the rumours of Varela leaving are just stories as he looks a great understudy

nice to be in the draw!

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I enjoyed the match.

We played more incisive football. Maybe Derby made it easy for us, but you can only beat what's in front of you.
Hope we continue like this.

Revan

Assumptionman
Blind and Martial were immense, Rooney continued his good form by scoring again, Mata finally scored.

A lot of positives from today.

Theonas

Scout
Dare I say I actually enjoyed that? I really think this was a better performance than Everton away this year which up to now was maybe our best this season. Of course it might just be the opponent but let's just enjoy it for a bit.

Classical Mechanic

Cracks successfully papered over against a mediocre Derby side. Martial was exciting and I thought both young fullbacks played well, as did Smalling.
This. It isn't even a false positive if you have any appreciation for context. No team has been as passive against us all season. They sat off us and were totally limp. There is nothing to be learned here.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Only disappointment is that we only do 1,5 subs.
Quite tight fixture list, and players like Januzaj and Pereira needs to play more to develop.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Let us not get to carried away with this result. We need a string of wins in the competition. Carrick, the little he played, he showed what we need. A player with the vision to play that ball with one pass to set up the transition to attack. Overall, fair play to the fullbacks for their performance. Rooney is running his socks off and Martial has all the ingredients to become a world-beater.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Much better but let's not get carried away, the important things are the result and carrying the performance on to Stoke on Tuesday.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Cheers:
  • The kids are alright. Promising signs from CBJ and Varela. And the one I assume is a nailed on future star, Martial.
Jeers:
  • Schneiderlin looks in need of a restart. I vote we add to our French contingent in the summer to ease his mind, re: Greizeman & Laporte.

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 481 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Derby win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 17% Derby 1:0 Man Utd
  • 14% Derby 0:1 Man Utd