PL W FA Premier League

Everton 1:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 07 November 2020

fps

Fred was brilliant, his passing between the lines gives me hope for the future.

I hope Pogba's now a bench player. If your job's on the line, Pogba's not one you'd trust to pull you out of the tailspin.

Red00012

Is it me or is there a lot more newbies on this forum with nothing good to say ?

Alexit

Brilliant Bruno bags brace. Ole still employed.

COME ON UNITED!!! :devil: :devil:

Red00012

Maguire / Fred excellent

Bruno goals and assist excellent and a decent performance , seemed like he fancied a red at times .

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I got a call just before the game that both my parents have tested positive for covid, so I watched it in a bit of a daze. Solid performance but we've seen this movie multiple times, I think its just papering over the cracks, it's not a side with a big future imo and I hate the fact that money and bias is dictating the subs.

This will keep Ole safe until May I imagine, but I think we'll continue to see the wildly erratic performances as there are several of these "key" players Ole favours that are wildly erratic with a very low bottom level.
Best wishes to your Mum and Dad.

bondsname

If we could just do this consistently. The players always need a wake up call to perform well.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

wolvored

Not sure a weak push justifies what Pickford does. Outside the box that is a foul all day long.
Goalies 99% of the time get the rub of the green. Remember what he did to VVD?

wolvored

Great performance. We are down right consistently inconsistent. Certainly in the league, we look so much better away from Old Trafford. I just can’t explain it.

Fred, McT & Bruno all outstanding today and nullified their strong midfield. Mention to Maguire too who was much more solid at the back.

This now puts the Ole in/out chat as a cat amongst the pigeons. Maybe his uncharacteristic post match rant is related to this.
The crowd at OT gets on the players backs and.....oh wait!

Roosney

Great, well deserved win!

+ Fred, Maguire and Cavani's first goal
- McTominay ffs. I'm not sure he did anything right in the second half

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Fred was brilliant, his passing between the lines gives me hope for the future.

I hope Pogba's now a bench player. If your job's on the line, Pogba's not one you'd trust to pull you out of the tailspin.
Daily Mail saying we were looking to sell for about 50 million.

I agree though. We cannot start Pogba.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't think there's going to be room for any players not 100% committed to Solskjaer for the foreseeable future, understandably. We need results so I think there's a few players skating on very thin ice. This was as good a response as we could've asked for, Everton are a good team and we limited them to punting it from the byline. Fernandes is a phenomenon.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
I told ya. 4-2-3-1 is what's best for Ole's Utd. Imagine this 4-2-3-1 with a world class MF (not Pogba!) + Sancho as RFW. We would challenge for the PL title.

Maticmaker

For about 20-25 mins in the first half and another 15 in the second I could see why Ole likes to pair Fred and McTominay in central midfield. Today they were industrious (as usual) but also much more effective, with less passes going astray, and making sure when they 'hunted' together they won the ball and the number of times they had opposition players going past them the wrong way today, was at an all time low, keep it up lads!
Lets hope the more they play together the better they get because at times, in some games, (not today) as a midfield pairing they have been rank.

Glorio

I like the idea of Pogba on the wing.

His crossing is great, and his movement in the box is as good as anybody else's in the squad not called Edinson.
Can just see Wan Bissaka start to look like the worst defensive fullback in the league when that happens. Regardless of where we stick Pogba on the pitch, with his attitude, we'll have a mountain to climb against any decent side.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Everton were extremely poor. I thought they looked like making an impact this season but it seems to have been a burst of good form that has fizzled out.

We were very good in the first half. Bruno dragged the team with him in the first half, he was an undisciplined mess in the second.

Maguire, as much as I can't stand him, was excellent. Fred too. Mata never had legs but the little he had are completely gone.

vanderpants

I'm not getting excited yet as Everton weren't very good and they played a lot better at the start of the season, was nice to see Edison get off the mark, Fred amazing yet again.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
For about 20-25 mins in the first half and another 15 in the second I could see why Ole likes to pair Fred and McTominay in central midfield. Today they were industrious (as usual) but also much more effective, with less passes going astray, and making sure when they 'hunted' together they won the ball and the number of times they had opposition players going past them the wrong way today, was at an all time low, keep it up lads!
Lets hope the more they play together the better they get because at times, in some games, (not today) as a midfield pairing they have been rank.
Thats part of the issue we are having with the evolution of this squad. On paper, Pogba and Matic should be a much better pairing than these two, and when we parked Fred & McT after lockdown it was working for a while and looked like the way forward.

No longer though. Pogba got complacent, Matic got a new deal and they both since failed to convince. I think there is little doubt anywhere now that Fred & McT is our best midfield, but they can't play every game.

It feels like we have more options than last season but still no nearer to having a full squad of reliable options that will allow us to rotate and keep winning.

FerociousCorgis

Good game by Fred. But would love to see mctominay passing chart because every single time he tried to pass forward i swear it was a turnover

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
From Manutd.com
During our interview, when asked if there are any problems, Ole said:
“Yes. Victor's back, Marcus's shoulder, Luke Shaw's hamstring. That's three I can remember from the top of my head. I hope everyone else is okay. David didn't play [in midweek] but he had a groin problem before the game.”

Web of Bissaka

Everton didn't park the bust, nor set-up an organized low blocks.

Ancelotti will stick to his attacking philosophy I guess.. which helps a lot.

Their defense is so wide open.. thankfully they are also in poor form.

Toad

Goalies 99% of the time get the rub of the green. Remember what he did to VVD?
Yeah pretty dreadful and it does constitute punishment but that’s a different game.Going back to the beginning I mentioned he should have won a penalty, I have taken the positives and it seems I am a glass half full and you may be a glass half empty. Seems very difficult to praise certain players on this forum which I should know by now but never seem to learn.

wolvored

Yeah pretty dreadful and it does constitute punishment but that’s a different game.Going back to the beginning I mentioned he should have won a penalty, I have taken the positives and it seems I am a glass half full and you may be a glass half empty. Seems very difficult to praise certain players on this forum which I should know by now but never seem to learn.
I learned a long time ago (7 years) too many false dawns to be overly optimistic.

Toad

I learned a long time ago (7 years) too many false dawns to be overly optimistic.
Yeah 100%, he will be horrific in the next few games but I’m enjoying it when I can. Back to glass half empty for me I suppose :lol:

wolvored

I told ya. 4-2-3-1 is what's best for Ole's Utd. Imagine this 4-2-3-1 with a world class MF (not Pogba!) + Sancho as RFW. We would challenge for the PL title.
A top striker instead of Martial, Kane for example, maybe Cavani and you might be onto something

Toad

:lol: Lets hope I'm wrong. Keep the faith!
I have kept faith in winning the lottery for the last few years but if I don’t even play the lottery just like some players don’t play football then the faith dies fast.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
A very important win. Super happy, as I will always be when we win, no matter what.

Concerned by the performance of the team, however. Our passing is still horrible, our defense kept being exposed. We mostly won because Bruno was having a great day and Luke Shaw is playing well. Not good enough for the rebuild. Need to see DVB starting and more rotation for Martial+Rashford when they are unable to deliver. Very confused about what is going on with Greenwood, again

Andy_Cole

A very good win but I still think we should sack Ole now. I knew we’d win with Ole’s job under pressure. He always does it. It was a great performance too.

I think our inconsistency though is the reason we need a change. We’ll probably go on to lose vs WBA next.

It would show great character of the board if we got in Poch now regardless of this win. Would show that they make decisions from an assessment rather than react on a game by game basis.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Or we play away in PL for the rest of the season
Old trafford does need some sprucing up, we could might as well use the time to shift to another ground for the entire season...its not like we'll be missing out on the atmosphere either with covid around.

alexthelion

I got a call just before the game that both my parents have tested positive for covid, so I watched it in a bit of a daze. Solid performance but we've seen this movie multiple times, I think its just papering over the cracks, it's not a side with a big future imo and I hate the fact that money and bias is dictating the subs.

This will keep Ole safe until May I imagine, but I think we'll continue to see the wildly erratic performances as there are several of these "key" players Ole favours that are wildly erratic with a very low bottom level.
Hope they soon recover.

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 77% of 351 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 330 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win