LC W League Cup Quarter-Final

Everton 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 23 December 2020

Sneaked through there. After a good start we were pretty mediocre for most of the game. Good job Cavani got that goal when he did.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Presenter on SKY (don't know her name) talking about the Cavani push.

"Then he scores which was the icing on the night for Everton fans"

??
There's so many games on these days that it's no wonder they have to wheel out a Z list cast occasionally.

"Quick, we need an Everton well known player of the last 20 years"

Erm...is Cahill around? No.
Duncan Ferguson? No he's coaching them!

Then get anyone else who has played for them!

ReddBalls

From the post match interview: Ancelotti is pleased with his team. The plan was to defend. That should tell you a bit about what the other managers think of OGS' Manchester United.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why is this draw taking so damn long..
Because they're so intent on making this result about Richarlison going off and Cavani's "incident".
Rather than us being on top and should have been out of sight early doors.

PoTMS

Can't complain about a 2-0 away win against 4th placed Everton while managing to rest a few players.

Shiva87

Missed the first 30 minutes and saw a slugfest till the last 10. Looks like I missed most of our best play - which is weird because after 30, it was a painful watch. Failed to create anything significant but never looked in trouble either.

Brilliant strike by Cavani - just when everyone thought this is going to penalties. Quality finish under pressure. Has already done more for us in my eyes than Sanchez ever did. Doesn't look like a panic buy anymore!

buckooo1978

came good in the end but we were a bit wasteful in the first half

number of players with heavy touches or overhitting passes

aside of this we were excellent in the first half and faded in second.

Great goal Cavani and I was watching Tuanzebe at right back wondering if AWB should be walking back into the team.

90 + 5min

That's the thing about Pogba; he's brilliant when he's at it, but so inconsistent
Agree. Problem is that he plays in the position where it shows when you do wrong thing. Misstakes cost to much. He should play simple as he did today. Pass and move. Don't make U-turns with the ball.

The Real Treble 99

Great watch, fantastic goals & a brilliant win. Hope we can keep up this no nonsense attacking game. It’s been a pleasure watching Utd lately & really enjoying it at the moment. Onwards!

giggslover

Good match. Felt sorry for Van De Beek. He seemed out of sorts. Maybe low on confidence.
Yes Van De Beek was largely meh as usual. Other than 1 Champions league game,. I cant even remember which one, he's been invisible every time he plays

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Was the ground very wet? So many passes overhit, from Pogba, Bruno, and others, and a few from Everton too.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Yes Van De Beek was largely meh as usual. Other than 1 Champions league game,. I cant even remember which one, he's been invisible every time he plays
The 5-0 vs Leipzig, he was good as the number 10 in the first half. Then Bruno (and Rashford) came on and there were 4 more goals in the next 30 mins.

Oldyella

9 changes and we could still put out a team that strong. Good sign!

Red & White

Great win! Good to see some of the squad players getting minutes, too. It‘s been a fantastic 6 or 7 weeks results wise, domestically. 7 wins and a draw in 8 games including this LC result. Merry Christmas all!

EngimaMK

I honestly have no idea how football, Manchester United fans, can call that "a pile of wank".

Decemt performance, lots of positives against a decent side. I enjoyed that game on the whole.

I wonder if these people expect every game to be like fifa or mid 2000s Barca?

atkar83

You have some serious issues if that's your takeaway from the match.
I worded it poorly, I thought he was effective today, I just meant if he could put forward effort like Cavani every game, he would be the difference maker more often. Some of his tracking back wasn't as quick as I would like, but that's never been his game so I'll give him a pass.

I just loved the pressing Cavani was doing even late into stoppage time.

Polar

One of the best games this season. We are obviously into something right now. This is what I call progress.

Very interesting set-up today. Credit to Ole. Nice to see we have good options and many alternatives to play on.

Now I’m very happy. We at least look like the second best team in PL. Next season we take it all :)

Okey

Ah! Of course we got Citeh. Only certainty was we weren't getting Brentford. Rotten luck in these draws.

mu4c_20le

I love how everyone just laughs off the cavani incident. Must really rile our rivals

tjb

I actually think we showed how brilliant we can be. My on gripe is how Matic and the cb partnership slowed it down too much around the 30 minute mark. I understand that we needed a bit of a rest period, but the intensity completely dropped, which should not have happened.

Rustyspider13

City again, at least this time both teams will try to win it. Don't want to look past them but Ole v Mourinho for the trophy just writes itself. Hopefully the lads provide the spectacle.

Wheato

Even up until the 88th minute I was thinking that we had too much quality on the pitch to lose this game. How many times are we going to see Cavani dig us out of a hole this season. He is quality. Glad that lots of players had a rest today, but we still had enough to win.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I love this team! 2020 best post-Fergie vibe I've had so far. I don't actually fear anyone in the Cup.

Canadianred17

I worded it poorly, I thought he was effective today, I just meant if he could put forward effort like Cavani every game, he would be the difference maker more often. Some of his tracking back wasn't as quick as I would like, but that's never been his game so I'll give him a pass.

I just loved the pressing Cavani was doing even late into stoppage time.
Ah ok, that's a fair point.

Player Ratings

6.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 244 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Everton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 36% Everton 1:2 Man Utd