EL L Europa League Group A

Fenerbahce 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 03 November 2016

freddie the red

Disjointed rubbish, players all over the place, nothing coherent, slow, slow......slow, slow, slow all over again. Nothing different to the last 3 seasons and it's sickening.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Tactics shit and players shit so story of the season. We're a team full of shithouses.

tekkers3

Tough place to travel to, but needed more quality throughout the game - not just when we are 2 goals down.
My doubts about Mourihno and his ability to rotate a squad to get the best out of everyone is coming to fruition.

marlowe78

We are in the class of West Ham, Southampton, Everton, Stoke, etc. That is the reality upon us.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Cowards! Took someone nearly 90 minutes to have the guts to test the keeper. So often around the box it was lay off, lay off, let someone else have the responsibility. So many weakling players in this team, afraid to step up. Shockingly S**T! The one thing you are meant to have at United is balls. No evidence of that tonight.

Ludens the Red

After Burnley I was slightly more positive. I mean I knew tonight would be tough, didn't think we'd win but that was an atrocious performance all round. I know they got Wonder goals but even still it was bad, I thought the subs were poor too. Zlatan and Rooney on the pitch together is always a recipe for disaster.
Some really poor individual performances out there as well.

Borden

An absolute disgrace. Mourinho seemingly knows as much about attacking football as van Gaal (i.e. feck all), and we need to begin a major clear-out of our squad starting in January.

Useless, lazy twats without professional pride the lot of them.

Hed Zitin

Look like the midtable side that gets a EL slot. Which is what we are now.

The defending was so poor, but the CM in front of them was no help. Luke Shaw in this state and Darmian in a team that is struggling on the winger front.. Christ.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We'll win our next two matches and go through.

Why the feck we didn't show that sense of urgency from the off is beyond my comprehension. A little more intensity and we would have likely got something from this game. Apart from a few, most of the playing staff need a kick up the backside.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Deliberately missed watching the match tonight, couldn't face it, but found myself listening to the last 20mins on radio. I'm now totally justified in not going to the pub to watch the fecker

Barnslig

That's just not true and the league table will show it after 38 games.
Do you mean when all of West Ham, Southampton, Everton and Stoke finish above us? Because we're gonna be finishing lower than we've done the last three years if we keep this dross shit up.

Meller

If none of the players give a shit, why should we? That was a pathetic display, one of many these last few seasons.

Honestly not even upset, getting so used to us being total crap it doesn't even feel bad when we lose. Spineless players the lot of them.

Ixion

We have zero mental strength.

Also how Schweinsteiger can be forced into exile and never play for us again when some of the other players we have put in performances like that each week is baffling.

AkaAkuma&

I think we have to come to terms with the fact that United has become a mid table team. It looks like they are going to pull a Liverpool and will be putting on Harry Potter's cloak for a while.

VanGaalyTime

This is the club of George Best, Denis Law, and Ronaldo. The club of Harry Gregg who went back into a burning plane to help save his fellow players after the Munich disaster.

These guys literally don't give a shit about Manchester United. They want a pay check. This entire season has been a damning indictment of modern football.

Heinzesight

Pathetic. I've thought it's just a matter of time before we click...but now I'm starting to think we are just average.

Luke Shaw is a shadow of the player he was. He's well over his injury and I'd rather BoJack played over him at the moment. Couldn't be any worse.

Giving the ball away constantly like we did tonight, basic stuff, is unforgivable. Losing faith in this 'team'. They need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Moonred

We barely attack. Look like conceding everytime the opponents do. Hardly any pace or width, barely ever play a proper one two. Sloppy in possession from start to finish.

AndyJ1985

Another inept display of attacking football. We could have 100% possession and still have no fecking shots on goal.

Fully Fledged

I'm waiting for the, 'You can't blame Jose for this' brigade to come up with a reason this isn't his fault.
Or will it be, 'Well I didn't want to win the Europa Cup anyway.'

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not entirely sure why I was looking forward to that!

Missed the first goal getting a crap channel up, kept cutting out, Pogba injured, everyone else looking poor, usual injury crisis upon us already, and way too to do in the last few mins to salvage it.

We're in no way of certain of qualifying from this group! Sheer embarrassment. And we've been playing the best team pretty much each week!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Do you mean when all of West Ham, Southampton, Everton and Stoke finish above us? Because we're gonna be finishing lower than we've done the last three years if we keep this dross shit up.
No, when they'll finish below United.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Thought we looked decent in the first half, second half was shite. Ferner are a bunch of absolute weapons the lot of them, diving, play acting, time wasing and niggly litte fouls.

The players need to step the feck up, but Mouhrino has to take the lions share of the blame. These tactics and team selections are just baffling. Why the hell is Rashford starting out wide AGAIN? Why only one striker?

Irrational.

We played like we were walking through treacle for 99% of the match.

We have no pace, no width and no urgency with the majority of our players happy to stand still and wait to receive the ball. Absolutely pathetic.

I'm seriously worried.

The only positive that I can think of is that we escaped from that shithole with just the one injury (and that to Pogba as well). It could've been worse with the rough-housing our players got, with their players happy to slow the game down and flop over at every opportunity. Hope we manage to rest Pogba up well and not rush him back.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm now starting to approach every game with dread and not expecting much: the same as when LVG was in charge.

siw2007

A mixture of bad luck and being absolutely rubbish. Conceding that wonder goal was very unlucky, so was losing Pogba to injury but it doesn't take away the fact that we looked clueless going forwards most of the time. Fair play to Rooney for getting his goal, he probably wasn't the worst player on the pitch but he wasn't exactly great either.

Desperate for a win on Sunday now. We have no confidence in front of the opposition goal and we don't seem to have an attacking ethos too. It doesn't bode well, but we have got to keep plucking away. Also, now that Rooney has scored, maybe it's best start him on Sunday.

acnumber9

You're only as good as your worst player. And our worst players are absolute dog shit.

Player Ratings

4.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 299 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fenerbahce win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 21% Fenerbahce 1:2 Man Utd
  • 16% Fenerbahce 1:1 Man Utd