g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

EL L Europa League Group A

Fenerbahce 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 03 November 2016

Eddy_JukeZ

I have become numb to our poor results. It's kind of like I expect it.

Awful performance really. No positives to take. Need to bounce back vs Swansea and get some wins going quickly.

Al-T

Gash. Some of this lot look like they need a torch to find their own arse, never mind play football like a team.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Then why play with two left footed CBs?!

We could've thrown Phil Jones in, or maybe even Carrick at CB.

Baffling. He knows what the problem is yet refuses to address it.
Jones is not fit and is just there to make up the numbers, Carrick was injured and left at home.

Man-United

Is that a dig at Fener or something? Cred to Fenerbache for giving 100%.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I have become numb to our poor results. It's kind of like I expect it.

Awful performance really. No positives to take. Need to bounce back vs Swansea and get some wins going quickly.
I wouldnt be betting on it. Away from home and Swansea have a weeks rest. Our players look jaded.

What we need badly is a weeks rest.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Nah, that would have been suicide.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Well guess who gets a big part of the blame for that Jose......
The players of course.
You shouldn't ever need to fire up a player to play a game for MUFC.
And if a player requires major motivation, when playing a game for us, in Europe, I'd seriously question whether that player is MUFC quality.

Good to see those quotes. I want an angry, very angry Jose now. Feck it.
LOL. Same here.

Snafu17

Just one of those days eh? No need to worry though. The lads will fly to Manchester tonight and drive themselves home in their fancy cars. They will post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or even on their blog. They'll tell us how these things just happen in football, how they cannot belive that they lost, how we need to stick together, how they appreciate the support from the fans and how they will work hard to make it better.

Then, in the next few days, there will be a leak about how Mourinho is literally worse than Hitler and that he kills puppies in training or whatever. It will be all over media, the caf will be pissy and the players won't really give a shit either way.

After that, life will go on for a while. Until the next disappointment, which will undoubtedly come sooner or later. Maybe this sunday, or maybe, in a few weeks. But it will definitely come. Because these players seem to have no bottle whatsoever, or at least not enough ability to hide that. And until, they get their shit together, we'll have these shit results so fecking frequently.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Scholes looks close to tears on BT. I only hope he's not going to be the new Souness on TV for 30 years, disgusted at his former great side failing to rise to past glories.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
The start of the season has been desastrous.. it all started with that 1-2 undeserved defeat at home against City. Its seems that consistence has retired with Sir Alex, because we have not been able to put a reasonable streak of wins in the post Sir Alex era. I can remember a 5 win streak with Moyes but dear o dear have we fallen into mediocrity. There is no excuse to perform like this with the likes of Pogba, Mikhi and Zlatan being introduced in the team this season, there just isnt. This is a mess. Still early in the season, but we are already in the phase of ''crisis''.

OLLY ORANGE

Creativity in this side is non existent.
I hope Jose and the club listens to the Paul Scholes after match summary.

Chicharito_

Posted this in another thread but it's time Jose implemented Rashford as the striker.

The answer is really so simple and it's so frustrating that Mourinho can't see it. You can't play a static forward when our off the ball movement is so poor, it's not the end of the world you just need to be able to stretch the pitch to allow more room for players to operate.

The answer is to play Rashford as a striker and simply tell him for the whole game all I want you to do is make runs in behind and stretch the defence, I don't care if you touch the ball 5 times in the game just non stop runs in behind stretching the defence. If you come short to collect the ball and suddenly think you're a playmaker like Zlatan and Rooney love doing then you're just congesting everything.

It really isn't rocket science, stretch the pitch, make runs in behind with a quick forward that can run for the days and has youth/enthusiasm.

Sort it out Jose.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Moussa Sow is 'fat' nowadays but he was the best scorer of the French league 6 or 7 years ago ad used to be fit.

Smores

Maybe Jose was right about Shaw? And about Martial? Fans dont always know best

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

I can't believe he just said that. Completely baffling!
Is he having some sort of out of body experience where he sees another Jose? One who doesn't appear to have a clue

reddevil702

Posted this in another thread but it's time Jose implemented Rashford as the striker.

The answer is really so simple and it's so frustrating that Mourinho can't see it. You can't play a static forward when our off the ball movement is so poor, it's not the end of the world you just need to be able to stretch the pitch to allow more room for players to operate.

The answer is to play Rashford as a striker and simply tell him for the whole game all I want you to do is make runs in behind and stretch the defence, I don't care if you touch the ball 5 times in the game just non stop runs in behind stretching the defence. If you come short to collect the ball and suddenly think you're a playmaker like Zlatan and Rooney love doing then you're just congesting everything.

It really isn't rocket science, stretch the pitch, make runs in behind with a quick forward that can run for the days and has youth/enthusiasm.

Sort it out Jose.
Agreed! At one point in the match we're attacking right outside the box and Ibra is walking back to get onside! It's time to give Rashford a chance at center and get some pace and movement.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan

He is hammering the players in the press. Looks like their are problems far deeper than we know.

Ixion

I'm tired of seeing teams show more effort than us, pressing us into mistakes, never stopping all game while we pass it and stroll around like its a kick-about in the park on Sunday.

And some players need to try and change things up when it's not going well. Martial, Shaw, Rooney, Darmian, 90% of the time they all do the same thing when they get the ball. TRY SOMETHING ELSE.

BigBebe

There is such a lack of urgency in defence and in attack.

It is like they think that they are so super skillful that they don't have to break a sweat.

A sort of wish that we could send Fergie into the dressing room for just 10 minutes and 'have a word'.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

He is hammering the players in the press. Looks like their are problems far deeper than we know.
He'll have support from the board for a good while yet. He never had that at Chelsea.

acnumber9

:lol:. Who would that be then, there are a few to pick from.
Luke Shaw tonight. Ordinarily you could pick any one of Rojo, Darmian, Schneiderlin, Depay, in essence most of the garbage Van Gaal signed. Ibrahimovic has been worse than a liability for over a month now too.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Wowzah.
So he is expecting Jose to basically rip this team apart and effectively rebuilding from scratch.
Personally, I think many of the players will stay, but only time will tell.

kul m

I was going to slate rooney, he was missing the whole game, like he was bypassed. I was screaming into my telly that we lack pace up front with rooney last year, and now ibra seems the same. same old sh*t. rashford as main striker, let the lad play there

we looked better under van gaal.in terms of shape, players coming through into the first team,

i dont get why rooney doesn't do that more often, needs to become bullish again. top goal though.

luke shaw needs to up his game!

miki needs more games, hes quality. there were times today outside the 18 yard area where he had the ball and was waiting for runners.

mourinho needs to fix up.

BIGbadBOO4

I was worried about Jose but I did think he would make us hard to beat and challenge. He has lost it. We made a big mistake.

Player Ratings

4.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 299 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fenerbahce win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 21% Fenerbahce 1:2 Man Utd
  • 16% Fenerbahce 1:1 Man Utd