EL L Europa League Group A

Fenerbahce 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 03 November 2016

togg

I'm having real trouble relating to any of the players. Or the team, not because they are losing matches..seen many of those over the last 30 years, but it's their attitude. I've just never seen a united team with this collective attitude....

van Persie

Would rather watch the likes of Danny Drinkwater and Ryan Shawcross than all the mercenaries with no care

Devil may care

I thought we could build off the first half, but we were an absolute shit show in the second half, most of them don't want to dig in.

klayton88

From a friend of mine:

Is Rooney really a captain? Sorry, but I'll always compare every captain to Roy Keane, and nobody apart from Gary Nev has come close. Keano would have scored that goal, and legged it to the goal picked the ball up and legged it back to the centre spot, motivating his team around him and lifted the spirits of everyone and terrifying the Turks. Rooney scores, drops his head, half arsed clap to the team, drops his head again.

VanGaalEra

Seems like we have to break all kinds of shit records before we'll turn this around.

Every game seems to be a different record we're breaking (and not in a good way).

::sonny::

Didn't have a clue and didn't care.
Agreed, they didn't care nothing

They are only interested to post bullshits on their social media, and take selfies with their new car.

I see only mercenaries

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Dispiritingly poor and worrying. I see no sign Mourinho and this group of players have it in them to turn this around

Confidence looks shot. We're blundering from game to game. This is crisis form we're in.

Even more frustrating is that every opportunity we have to get back in the CL is being blown.

Thiim

I simply can't get over how shit our full-backs are. We have an overpriced, overweight player in Shaw who seems to be afraid of his own shadow. Darmian, who is so shockingly bad that he must wonder himself how the feck he is still at the club and the amounts of silly fouls he gives away is shocking. Then we have Valencia, who isn't a defender yet can safely be described as one of our best players this season. Then we have Blind who likes to do cameos at full-back but his lack of pace is really exposed at the wing. I'm probably forgetting about some £30m English superstar that we have bought over the last 24 months but can't be bothered to check.

Where did it all go so wrong?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
From a friend of mine:

Is Rooney really a captain? Sorry, but I'll always compare every captain to Roy Keane, and nobody apart from Gary Nev has come close. Keano would have scored that goal, and legged it to the goal picked the ball up and legged it back to the centre spot, motivating his team around him and lifted the spirits of everyone and terrifying the Turks. Rooney scores, drops his head, half arsed clap to the team, drops his head again.
The reaction - or rather lack of - of the team to the goal with >5 mins to go was baffling.

SirMattBugsby

I'm feeling happy and I know why. I got to see the old Rooney!

The team is a work in progress and will take time to get better. For now, Mourinho has to first and foremost settle on his starting eleven and system. Take it from there.

Ash_G

Got to be worth changing the attack we can't keep going the same way. Ibra/Rooney don't get in behind and Martial/Rashford/Lingard don't offer enough creativity out wide. Got to be worth trying one of Rashford/Martial up top. We can't change much in midfield or defence but we can in attack.

clarkydaz

From a friend of mine:

depressingly accurate. Were embarrassed to score

Dinghy

Pogba has been the man behind almost everything that we've created this season even though he's had some mediocre games. We've looked absolutely shit without him. Mourinho hasn't got a clue about how to set up a team to attack. How long is he gonna stick with Rashford as a winger?

Classical Mechanic

We'll win our next two matches and go through.

Why the feck we didn't show that sense of urgency from the off is beyond my comprehension. A little more intensity and we would have likely got something from this game. Apart from a few, most of the playing staff need a kick up the backside.
The away in the Ukraine is going to be really tough. We look really bad at the moment and we now have a lot of injuries. Guys like Darmian and Schneiderlin are going to be in the team for a while!

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Good chance we're going out because I wouldn't back us in ANY away game right now, terrible away from home in the league, even worse Europe.

This team is a complete mess. Not one part of it is settled or functioning to a decent level. The attack, midfield and defence all look clueless in doing their jobs.

Deleted member 101472

Laughed when mkhitaryan came on right after the second goal.

" now is your chance son, one of the most hostile atmopsheres you'll ever play in, we are 2 behind and playing crap and you haven't even been on the bench in over a month . Go and get us back in the game "

Seriously should just have kept him on the bench.

The biggest disappointment for me this season is the sheer ineffectiveness of martial and shaw together on the left. I was absolutely convinced they would be an amazing left side but so far they have been non existent when played together.

Rojo played better than blind. Should really tell us all we need to know about tonight's performance.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I didn't want today's match to be spoiled, but I'm glad I did get it spoiled. Now I won't get to feel down after I've watched the recording. I'll probably delete the recording once I get home. :o

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
We are shit.

God, they are an insufferable team though. The diving was something else. It even made Wayne Rooney get angry. He's not been angry at anything since he was angry and confused.

Regardless, I didn't give a stuff about the Europa at the start of the season. I was hoping we'd play the kids. We've played the first team, Pogba's injured, and we're still probably going out. Meh.

Spirit of Solskjaer

Well that was frustrating. Hate to lose to a dirty play acting side like that, but that's what you get when you just don't have the quality in your play.

Seriously though, I just don't get why it's taking Mourinho so long to stamp his style of play onto these players. At previous clubs he's done it in a matter of weeks, at Utd it's been months now and there isn't any sign of progress to be seen. It can't be about individual quality either, we have plenty of players that have demonstrated their class at other clubs, but they're just not clicking. There's no teamwork, no game plan, no organisation.

I'm starting to think this season is another complete write-off. Nevertheless, I'd take that as long as it meant Mourinho managed to sort this mess out and finally get this side to play after these horrid years. I just want to have something to look forward to again.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Very poor performance, forget about being creative our innovative. Our play is resemblance of players who don't even care to do well in this competition, so lazy and slow in every aspect. Not bothering to track back quickly after giving away possession and not bothering to make runs to create some space while in possession.

I'm baffled as to what they do in training, there is no coherence or sequence to our passing. Our off the ball movement is shocking, it's one of major reasons why we don't score many goals because opposition know all they have to do is pack up the middle area of the pitch and we'll inevitably pass to our fullbacks who'll either make an aimless cross which will be cleared or they'll try to do something different and lose possession and from thereon we again expose ourselves to counter. Amateur stuff really at this level.

We've scored 13 in 10 matches in PL and 6 in 4 in Europa, these are such massive worrying signs because we look like we could concede at any moment. People have been crying to see Martial, Mata and Mkhi together on the pitch. They played for about half an hour tonight and didn't look like creating anything, nothing is working for us. Jose must be tearing his hair out as to how he can sort this mess.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The shit attitude in that dressing room needs sorting before we get any further.

Dante

Average bang
Too many luxury players who only contribute when the rest of the team is functioning well.

Too many system players who only contribute when the rest of the team is functioning well.

Not enough players who can actually make us function well. Probably only Mata and, to a much lesser extent, Rooney and Hererra. A top side needs at least 3 or 4 amongst the front 6.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Some shit individual performances tonight. No commitment from the lads on the pitch. Zlatan coming on a mistake it looks like. Fatigue is another thing, bringing the lads we did to Turkey - should of rested Pogba, Rash etc is also questionable to some extent. They've played in nearly every game.

Player Ratings

4.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 299 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fenerbahce win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 21% Fenerbahce 1:2 Man Utd
  • 16% Fenerbahce 1:1 Man Utd