PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 4:1 Fulham

Post-match discussion

Sat, 08 December 2018

Deleted member 101472

Diogo Dalot, eh?

Best thing to come out of this game - looks like an actual fullback!
Potential is there to be great. Really think he’s a perfect right midfielder in an old fashioned 442 system, he’s just a half second behind when the ball gets played in behind him. Definitely an attack minded full back, I think the position he continued to take up would probably be about 20 yards further forward than Valencia, Darmian or young would ever take up.

Red00012

I think bringing on McTominay was purely to show Pogba who’s boss. Why take off Rashford for McTominay when they’re down to 10 men?

freeurmind

weak willed
Really good to see us stick it to a poor side. Dalot and Rashford were very good.

edcunited1878

I think bringing on McTominay was purely to show Pogba who’s boss. Why take off Rashford for McTominay when they’re down to 10 men?
Jose is the boss, nothing is much clearer than that. It is also McTominay's birthday today and Rashford has ran his nuts off within the past 4 days...he deserved his appaluse coming off the pitch.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Finally we have a positive goal difference. In December with 1/3 of the season gone. Feck me. :lol:

RedDevil@84

Great game for most players. It was lovely to see a working right side. Great game Dalot.
And was super happy for Rashford to score. It was long pending.

kundalini

Fulham were dire. We played some good football though were careless at times. It looked to me as though the referee got both the red card and the penalty wrong, though both were close-calls.

Dalot's crosses were delightful, rest of his game not as good but still some good defending from him. Smalling with some nice passes out to Dalot.

Herrera wasted a great chance to score in the 2nd half. A bit unlucky to give away the penalty. Jones had a careless 2nd half. Young did really well for his goal. Rashford a threat, wasted a great chance then scored from a ridiculous angle. Mata and Lingard also had a few decent moments.

nainaisson

Jose implemented a narrower 3 behind Lukaku knowing that Dalot could maurade up and down the right side with Herrera usually on the right and Smalling sweeping up the space behind Dalot. The combination of pace and movement by Mata, Rashford and Lingard worked very well regardless of opposition talent. Good balance today.
Thanks for writing the first informative comment I've read here in a long time.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Anyone got a still of Pogba disgusted?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Dalot, Mata, Rashford and Young were excellent. Everyone else good. Fulham were crap, their defense is dreadful and their keeper is worse.

Ref was shit and all

redshaw

Dalot and Rashford did very well.

Hope we can pursue with Dalot now who gives presence on the right. Been too many years since we've had that. We have one arm tied behind our back and funnel everything down the left.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Good performance, massively helped by an unambitious Fullham. Young, Jones and especially Dalot, had very good games.

IRELANDUNITED

Good win pity we didn't score 5, have we ever scored 5 under Mourinho?

Anyway winning was all that mattered, i'm not getting too excited though cause Fulham are God damm awful.

Morpheus 7

Great first half performance. Mata Dalot and Rashford were excellent. Beat a bad bottom of the table side at home. Nothing to get excited about, changes nothing. I'm more interested in anfield away next week. What team will we put out and our tactics for that game? Nice to watch a comfortable with but I'm realistic about our situation.

Fully Fledged

Great performance from the boys. The attack looked lively and full of movement. Yes it was Fulham but it was about winning well. Thoroughly enjoyed the match today.

RedDevil@84

Good win pity we didn't score 5, have we ever scored 5 under Mourinho?

Anyway winning was all that mattered, i'm not getting too excited though cause Fulham are God damm awful.
Don't think we scored 5 in PL after 5-5 in SAF's last game

RedDevil@84

Didn't notice much that Matic was playing today. Which I guess is a good thing compared to the previous ones.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The one time i need the goal gifs in the op and there isn't any.

Damn you, whoever usually does them. (who was probably just a bit too busy today)

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Dalot is mint.

Anyone saying he wasn't good enough for us after Wednesday (he's 19!) deserves to be taken outside and shot.

saivet

Good performance from us today. Dalot looked really good going forward too.

Fulham are a poor team, but a needed 3 points

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Assuming that is the case then good.
While Jose is still in charge it is important that he reminds his players who is the boss.

I don’t have any problems with the cost of the players on the bench.
The key thing is to select a team that he has confidence in and knows what level of performance he is going to get.

cyril C

Yes, but also need to warm up Mctom for the Valencia game. Pogba should play in Spain, he normally gives 100% when it is on overseas TV.

joedirt87

This game just gets me even more upset with Mourinho. He should be trying to play like this every game outside of the big matchups. I think a lot of us would be much happier seeing us batter poor teams with the occasional blip of a dodgy win, draw, or loss to those type sides and then if he wants to be pragmatic and set up for the draw against a side like City, Pool etc. and gets the draw.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Undeniably a good performance, noticeably more fizz about the side in past two games.

Man of the Match

Diogo Dalot image Diogo Dalot 42% of 483 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 306 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw