PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 4:1 Fulham

Post-match discussion

Sat, 08 December 2018

Crashoutcassius

Dropping pogba seems to motivate everyone on the pitch - seems to be no smoke without fire around all that stuff.

attitude > talent at the top level and today showed it.

Easy to say its vs fulham but we just played southampton so comparison is direct

Darkhorsez

With our best goal scorer missing, we did great albeit against a poor side. But we scored the goals. We are still well short of where we want to be though and lost possession too easily and our passing was well patchy. Really sad to see our most talented player being on the bench. Dalot did really well and delighted for him. Best feeling I have had for a while.

Dante

Average bang
There were a lot of risks being taken by our forwards. Good to see. It's a sign of growing confidence.

downxandxout

Supports Manc...ini
Great attacking football and a team playing for their manager. Shame the majority of our fans won't have watched it.

FrenchRed

Enjoyed that, much more like it! Dalit looked great, and we had a midfield that actually ran around!! For me we play better as a team without Pogba.

Lukaku looks really poor still despite the goal, we’d look a different team with a pacey striker.

Kapardin

Found out that there is a team with a worse a defensive performance in them than us in the league.

Walk in the park. I didn't know Fulham were so terrible, even Fatty's Derby put up a bigger fight.

Ibi Dreams

Stick Fellaini up front, feed the ball to Dalot and we're in business

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
We have a fullback who can cross.

Lingard was meh though.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Good first half performance.
Attacking, both full backs flying down the wings , getting balls in the box. Score three goals.

Go in at half time and come out a completely different team and start playing like we start most matches looking for trouble. Mourinho's brilliant half time team talk no doubt.
Make an easy victory turn into a bit of a struggle for no reason.
Shaking my head until fortunately Fulham went down to 10 men then it was back to being easy.

Mata, Young, Dalot and Rashford the pick, especially in the first half , Lingard mainly invisible and Jones made me nervous.

Nice win but it should have been much easier.

vidic blood & sand

These routine wins used to be regular. Today reminded us what they're like. Anyone remember the last one? :nono: Lets celebrate a good win.

El Zoido

Can’t complain, but will we ever score 5 in a game again.

CA_vampire

First half 3-0
Second half 1-1

Accurate description of the game today. We were bad in the second half. Brilliant in the first half.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Diogo Dalot, eh?

Best thing to come out of this game - looks like an actual fullback!
He had an excellent game from an attacking perspective. He was a consistent threat down that right-flank and his crossing ability is second to none at the club based on that evidence, but it's his defensive naivety (like he showed against Arsenal) that worries me.

Dalot could prove to be a massive liability when faced with the likes of Mane and Liverpool. I wouldn't start him next week if I were Jose.

sammyhol

A game without square pegs in round holes.

Old School 4231 formation that Mou has had all his success in England.

In the first half, 2 pivots playing the ball at a high tempo.

3 behind the striker perpetually moving and worked their socks off (Lukaku still poor though).

Full backs providing plenty of width. Was like watching one of Mourinho's better Chelsea teams.

Fred showed glimmers again when he came on too.

If Mou has any chance of turning things around, he should stick to the formula that made his name.... which means no Pogba for me.

GHam

so should we ever turn up and play a match? should we have forfeit the game today? what are you trying to say

I'm saying what we did today, we should have done. It won't change anyone's opinions. Get a string of wins under our belt and that will change.

Devil may care

Dalot, Rashford and Herrera all played well, beyond that we weren't great, still no real cohesion in how we play but Fulham are dire defensively and will likely go down, this game was the ultimate crack paperer.

Hoof the ball

The one important aspect of the balance being provided on the right hand side is that, finally, it makes the opposition shift to their left, leaving Young and Rashford more space on that side to exploit. This, of course, is what we've been missing by not having a right-side presence.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Decent stuff today.

League season already feels over for some reason. Arsenal win and maintain a giant lead over us.

Okey

The heady heights of a positive goal difference! Good first half, poor second one. Still can't put together a good 90 minutes. But great, much needed win. Well done the lads! Dalot looks promising...

Konimey

Great win no doubt, but honestly Fulham was shite. United were so comfortable with the ball in the mid which allowed the attacking players to have some freedom. I don't think any other PL team will allow this much space to the mids as Fulham did, Matic had acres of space to take his 5 touches and pass without any pressure, no other team will allow that. I am happy with the win but this is nothing but papering over the cracks, we will see United's true level vs Liverpool. Hererra and Mata should start every match, Dalot looks like a prospect, his attacking play and crosses are really good but defensively he has still lots more to improve. Lukaku can only score if served to him on a silver.. nay gold platter. Rashford's decision making is just bad. Pogba did not start tonight, but without him United stand's no chance against Liverpool, cause unlike Fulham they will hound our mid for 90 mins.

Borden

Best performance of the season, played like a United team for once.

Gonna need about 10 more of those in a row before I start getting mildly excited though.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He had an excellent game from an attacking perspective. He was a consistent threat down that right-flank and his crossing ability is second to none at the club based on that evidence, but it's his defensive naivety (like he showed against Arsenal) that worries me.

Dalot could prove to be a massive liability when faced with the likes of Mane and Liverpool. I wouldn't start him next week if I were Jose.
Funny you say that. Dalot played at Left back and was paired with Mane last season at Anfield. Kept him rather quiet.

edcunited1878

Jose implemented a narrower 3 behind Lukaku knowing that Dalot could maurade up and down the right side with Herrera usually on the right and Smalling sweeping up the space behind Dalot. The combination of pace and movement by Mata, Rashford and Lingard worked very well regardless of opposition talent. Good balance today.

red373

I feel like after the last few games Herrera has to be the first midfielder on the team sheet. His pressing and tenacity makes us a much better side

RedDevil5

Good performance, need to see more of it consistently before getting excited. Fulham are an awful team.

Cloud7

Missed the game but good to see we can still register a win every now and then.

Man of the Match

Diogo Dalot image Diogo Dalot 42% of 483 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 306 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw