PL W FA Premier League

Fulham 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 13 November 2022

brian017

Not that I'm complaining but the game didn't restart until 1:18 into the 3 mins and there was a long goal celebration and he blows on 93:37

But anyways, thank Christ for that goal. It would have a long shit Christmas otherwise

MUnchies

It's a great win and we deserved it at the end although not pretty. People forget Fulham have only lost once at home all season, they are hard to beat.

NoLogo

Good first half, should have probably scored a second game. Second half wasn't good and borderline awful when Bruno moved out wide, de Gea kept us in the game though and Garnacho saved the day. Imo we couldn't have had any complaints if this game ends in a draw but hell, you have to win some games lucky as well sometimes.

Irwin99

Delighted for Garnacho.

It's so frustrating how shit our general play is.

We had 47% possession against a relegation candidate. We brought in ball players in the summer like Martinez, Casemiro and Eriksen and we still can't keep the ball to save our lives.
I actually thought all those players played well and that the times they lost possession was more due to a static front line more often than their own carelessness. There was literally a point in the second half where Martinez and Casemiro spent 5 seconds looking for a forward movement to pass and nothing was on.

A very weird game to assess. Our fullbacks had a tough time and didn't get a lot of help. Elanga was poor but we lost a bit of shape when he came off.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Amazing interview by Bruno calling out Quatar and the WC. Never seen a footballer be that outspoken.

The Dane

Players looked tired and with good reason.
Garnacho being there and Mitrovic not being there made the difference.
Good win and now let’s hope that players like Martinez, Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno will have a short World Cup and come back rested.

Reactions: 711

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Should have won that game long before they equalised. ETH has some time now to examine every single aspect (which he will) of why the feck we're so shit at scoring. Get some sports psychologists in to help with the mental aspect as there's got to be a reason for the lack of composure in front of goal. We know several of these players have no problem scoring so it's got to be a problem between the ears...

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Players looked tired and with good reason.
Garnacho being there and Mitrovic not being there made the difference.
Good win and now let’s hope that players like Martinez, Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno will have a short World Cup and come back rested.
I have a funny feeling Martinez will be out there until almost the end of the tournament unfortunately for us. Argentina in my opinion a big favourite for this World Cup.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Our biggest issue tonight is that we missed Antony from my point of view. Fulham pressured us really hard and took away the center of the field.

We found some openings on the left, but comparing the type of passing option Antony provides vs Elanga, he is on another planet.

We need another left footed winger. Diallo could be that guy, perhaps. If not it’s another position we must fill on the transfer market.

Hester_manc

I remember some of the first key moments when players like Ronaldo, Rooney or Nistlerooy first played for us. I think I will remember this moment from Garnacho as well. (But I do remember Macheda and Januzaj`first key moments too, but I will not mention them;-))

Shiva87

:houllier::lol:

Job done. A forgettable match with nothing memorable to report.
So an 18 year old getting the winner with the last kick of the game (almost) isn't memorable? Ok. Will try to forget.

I think Fulham were lucky that we didn’t score more. Not a good performance, but we should have had another 2 goals. Our finishing is very bad.
Really need our midfielders and forwards to get better in front of goal. There are a few very bad misses today. Eriksen from the penalty box, Cross from Rashford to Bruno on the counter, Martial trying to beat his man (who was behind him) to shoot, Bruno heading into no man's land from a scoring position, Scott heading it high and wide + not getting the ball down in acres of space.

So many situations today where they should have done much better!

Shiva87

I remember some of the first key moments when players like Ronaldo, Rooney or Nistlerooy first played for us. I think I will remember this moment from Garnacho as well. (But I do remember Macheda and Januzaj`first key moments too, but I will not mention them;-))
Oh man! The Macheda moment is etched in memory and always worth a mention. Maybe watch his interview on Vibe to appreciate how much he regrets what happened with his attitude after.

Alex123

Garnacho!!! I was celebrating like a lunatic!! My dog thought I'm going crazy but joined in anyways. Should have had a penalty earlier but this will do just fine :D

DSG

We can't keep missing chances. Simple as that. Should've been 3 clear at half time.

Sub again was awful, Bruno is marginalised on the right and we completely lost momentum.

Garnacho needs to be getting more a d more minutes after the break.
Agree with this.

martial, feck off
Rashford, feck off
Bruno, feck off
McTominay, feck off.

Learn how to finish. I’m tired of watching these attackers constantly fluff their lines.

Ten Hag looks out of ideas and answers. Garnacho saved us.

Blood Mage

Deserve feck all. You can't goto an away match and miss chances like we did. Should have been a comfortable 3-0 win.

Guess players switched off for WC.
I really hope the WC has been a distraction and we'll start seeing the real Ten Hag's United in the new year. We've been very poor since the Spurs win.

Carolina Red

Staff
That's a huge relief. What a moment for Garnacho.

Also, I have to say, I like criticising our players a fair bit, but reading the match day thread I genuinely worry about the mental health of some posters.
Yes. I’ve had the same thought for years

Gorse Hill Red

Fantastic goal by Garnacho and an important 3 points just before the WC. Going forward United need to play better and start converting the chances that come to them.

El Jefe

We need the break desperately and 100% need to buy a RB in January.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Got out of jail but i will take it. Really should have been 2 or 3 up when fulham scored. If we had haaland or Kane we would have.

Players badly need a rest.

Barthez

Amazing interview by Bruno calling out Quatar and the WC. Never seen a footballer be that outspoken.
This will be the World Cup the world (minus Quatar) didn’t want. Scandalous it’s going to such an abhorrent country.

Jeffthered

An excellent win... Fulham are a handful, espcially at home, and yes, I am pleased Mitrovic was absent. We need a centre forward who we can rely upon, without second thought. I'm sorry, Martial hasn't changed my mind, and we have to move on from this Rashford/Martial/No9 issue. we have to scout one, (do we have any real goalscorers coming through the ranks??), or buy big and buy well. We are not a clinical forward line. Nice looking 'ballers', but no real No 9 edge. CR7 cannot be expected to carry this anymore. Time for someone else to really step up and make that role at Man Utd their own.

Nick7

Agree with this.

martial, feck off
Rashford, feck off
Bruno, feck off
McTominay, feck off.

Learn how to finish. I’m tired of watching these attackers constantly fluff their lines.

Ten Hag looks out of ideas and answers. Garnacho saved us.
Ten Hag literally brought Garnacho on. Do you realise how stupid your last two sentences are?

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
We look knackered. This schedule is ridiculous.

I had a gut feeling Garnacho would have a Ronaldo at craven cottage moment. Seems we have quite a talent on our hands.

I think we missed Anthony today. Good 3 points, stole it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Tell you what was annoying, Shop Steward Neville the Cnut!!!

Labelling the lad as having a bad attitude already. Utter feckin helmet
Didn't half keep on about it!

If it's so bloody bad, how he is getting into the picture now, under a proper no nonsense manager!?

Ibrahimorich

My stream died at about 91m 30 so I didn't even realise we won Very much happier now.
Having said that, we were awful in the 2nd half. Not sure what the long ball obsession was. It wasn't working.
We desperately need another striker and Bruno is crap out wide. Garnacho looks mint. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Nice to go into the break with a win even if we probably didn't deserve it.

MonkeysMagic

For large parts of this game, we were terrible. Slow, ponderous and inaccurate...all the factors that allow teams like Fulham to dominate us.

We still created at least 4 guilt-edge chances that really need to be taken at this level but cannot seem to dominate opponents. Thank god for Garnacho, showing the experience teammates how to do it!

Redbandito

Delighted for Garnacho.

We had 47% possession against a relegation candidate. We brought in ball players in the summer like Martinez, Casemiro and Eriksen and we still can't keep the ball to save our lives.
Fulham is not a relegation candidate…
:lol: Calm down mate, you do realise you're on a football forum where people express opinions?
Yes, and he gave his opinion about your opinion. Not all opinions are equal. Some are worthy of ridicule.

TheReligion

Abusive
Delighted for Garnacho.

Fulham are in the top 10 :lol:

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 292 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Fulham 0:2 Man Utd