PL W FA Premier League

Fulham 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 13 November 2022

Elcabron

Deserved win, crossing merchants aka Fulham deserved nothing there. Should have been 1:4 or something. Good win before break.
We actually had seven good chances, scored two of them. Martial x2 Eriksen missed one and scored one, mctominay missed one, elanga missed one early in second half and of course Garnachos goal.

Zero GD at this stage is a concern.

Thom Merrilin

Deserved the win. It wasn't the best team performance but with better finishing we win that by 2 or 3 goals easily.

We were missing three vital players as well which shouldn't be forgotten.

I'm not usually one to blame referees too much but that was some dreadful officiating that blatantly favored Fulham. Thankfully it didn't impact the result.

Real Name

Changed the channel at 91:24. Turned text and saw that sweet green number 2 for United. Turned the channel back, rewinded the goal, was chuffed.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Got away with that a treat, having done the opposite and turned a comfortable on top performance into an actual equal battle!

That's a huge win, sees off another away game, and keeps us right in touching distance for top 4, and keeps a nice little margin over Pool and Chelsea.

Can forget about it for 6 weeks now, and not stew on it.

Rustyspider13

Got away with that one. We have to stop shifting Bruno out to the right. I don't care if he is the only one in the team bar Antony who can run up and down, I'd rather see Elanga disrupting attacks for the entire 90 mins than to dull the edge of one of our best attackers. It's not Bruno's position, stop playing him there.

But man, what a way to win a fecking football game. Proper Fergie time finish. Garnacho has that extra bit to be something special. Just keep your head down lad, you're going places.

EtH needs to schedule finishing training with the players who aren't going to the WC. This break can be a blessing for the likes of Martial.

Alright then, one month of stress free football to come.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Tell you what was annoying, Shop Steward Neville the Cnut!!!

Labelling the lad as having a bad attitude already. Utter feckin helmet

Dominos

They arent a relegation candidate, its like you havent seen them play at all this year and you just like to have a wee moan yeah?
They're literally 17th in xPTS and 6 points off the relegation zone having overperformed, maybe you haven't seen them play? And were missing their best player today.

NK86

I was raging all game about it but my buddy pointed out it may be a tactic to combat the fatigue we have, use the pace up too and have less running around the team.
Kind of makes sense
I don't think fatigue is the factor. It seemed like a tactic where we were trying to exploit their high line.
We have seen this earlier too but we are not keeping the ball well enough. We need to improve that aspect if we take that next step.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Don't care what the haters say, I thought lindelof had another very good game. Of course Martinez did and shaw was good in the first half. I do wish sky still had the tactic cam: I'd love to see what our midfield do off the ball because at times in the second half they seemed to do little with it.

No idea how garnacho got past the defenders for the winner from a standing start. Unreal acceleration. At first I thought the defender was at fault but it was like watching an episode of The Flash... and the touch and the finish were exquisite. Don't want to go overboard but I'm old enough to have watched a certain guy in his prime sometimes come off the wing and finish like that. I'm talking about George Best...

Garnacho changed the whole second half when he came on: pace, passion and a fantastic directness. Needs to start against whoever the hell it is on Boxing Day - and in the Nou Camp.

Some good saves from DDG but he will never be a top top keeper because he fails to dominate his area.. Good first halves from Eriksen and Bruno. Faded a bit in the second...

r0663664

Worships Man City
What is finish to end the game. This game clearly shows what we need RB, ST, CB and RW. We cannot rely of Lindeloft or Martial and we cannot expect Dalot and Antony to be always available. 4-5 please in the summer and ship out dead woods.

onemanarmy

Delighted for Garnacho.

It's so frustrating how shit our general play is.

We had 47% possession against a relegation candidate. We brought in ball players in the summer like Martinez, Casemiro and Eriksen and we still can't keep the ball to save our lives.
They have been very good this season, playing excellent football.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The kid is amazing feck me sideways. I still can't believe it! Great moment for the first PL goal from him.

His team mates had lost all their composure and were never gonna score another, so we needed this and it comes from an 18 year old in Fergie time... :drool:

Basa1987

Delighted for Garnacho.

It's so frustrating how shit our general play is.

We had 47% possession against a relegation candidate. We brought in ball players in the summer like Martinez, Casemiro and Eriksen and we still can't keep the ball to save our lives.
Fulham are in bloody 10th place and with a win would have been a point behind us. I swear, some of you lot...

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We played pretty well but why we all of sudden stop playing around 60th minute, i don't know.
So pleased about late winner. Best feeling in football

tomaldinho1

Awesome end to this mini PL season. Deserved as well.

Still like Dan James, good kid.

Josh 76

Can’t really judge Utd on this. They look shattered. But the victory was great!

JagUTD

Scenes from the Argentina "fans" in Qatar when their new hero scores that goal

Last edited:

youngrell

Delighted with the win and the way it was won, Garnacho looks to have it doesn’t he? :devil:

Second half was horrible though. So many square pegs, it was like a Sunday league team with players filling in all over the field.

Boondog

This was one of those games the great teams find a way to win. Fullham brought the house in their effort on every ball and played well. I honestly lost count at how many vertical passes failed to connect, so EtH almost lost himself a game with that strategy because during that difficult period of the game we fed them possession after possession by not connecting on those.

Immense goal for the team though, to get that one when we did. To cement a win first off, in a game where we were outplayed for much of it. And to go into the break with 3 points instead of an unsatisfying tie. Looking forward to after the break because I think this team is poised to make a real nice run for the top four. Might not get it but it's going to be fun I think.

SoCross

Should have been a comfortable win. What a finish though, so good.

Casemiro was also outstanding in the first half. Plus Palhinha has adapted to the league so well, thought he was a bit short of pace initially. One to keep an eye on for a future DM requirement.

PoTMS

Watching the post match reaction, what I would do to have a fit and firing Saha in our team right now.

MrBest

Fulham away is tough these days, they have only lost 2 in, 1 being us and the other Newcaatle. We have a long long way to go but these type of wins show something we have been missing for a while. As for Garnacho, has everything in the making to be a star, I love his arrogance.

Houdini

Massive win. We needed the 3 points badly. Fulham deserved a point, Palhinha had our midfield in his pocket. Lindelof was outstanding, DDGOD and Eriksen with some key moments, Bruno inconsistent as feck, Garnacho > Rashford > Sancho. We need a striker badly and a RW and RB backups too.

RuudTom83

The Premier League is bloody tough...hard work but they never gave in.

Love It!

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 292 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Fulham 0:2 Man Utd