PL W FA Premier League

Fulham 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 13 November 2022

Dominos

Delighted for Garnacho.

It's so frustrating how shit our general play is.

We had 47% possession against a relegation candidate. We brought in ball players in the summer like Martinez, Casemiro and Eriksen and we still can't keep the ball to save our lives.

Samoerai Jack

Can't ever leave early with this team! Lovely tenacity to bring in the win and Garnacho is doing all he can to stake his place in the first eleven. You'd really want us to get that lead early so it doesn't have to be such a battle. But the future, after the world cup, looks rather bright.

evil_geko

A steal for sure but I'll take it.
Nah, we deserved this by far, should have been several up even by half time, Fulham taking any point would be undeserved.

Fulham unlucky, but our lacklustre performance was weirdly worth it for how much I jumped at that late winner.
Unlucky? They should have been trailing 3:0 by half time, if anything they were extremely lucky it's only 2:1.

NK86

My main concern is the long balls we kept on playing. I understand that they were playing a high line, but we should have kept the ball much better, especially in the second half.
ETH maybe wants very quick transition from midfield to the attacking third, but it should come with quick passing and patterns rather than non-stop long balls. Had a feel of Ole the second half.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Delighted for Garnacho.

We had 47% possession against a relegation candidate. We brought in ball players in the summer like Martinez, Casemiro and Eriksen and we still can't keep the ball to save our lives.
They arent a relegation candidate, its like you havent seen them play at all this year and you just like to have a wee moan yeah?

cyberman

Really need Sancho and Antony back. You saw what genuine width brings as soon as Garnacho came on

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Yes Erik Ten Hag needs to rethink his ideas 4 months into his rebuild because Borys from Poland seems to think he can do better. I swear some of you have never kicked a ball.
:lol: Calm down mate, you do realise you're on a football forum where people express opinions?

Todd

It's gonna be sad when we inevitably sell Garnacho to Madrid after he stars at the '26 World Cup.

Until then hopefully he can win us many more matches.

Nick7

Delighted for Garnacho.

They were 4 points behind us going into the game. You can’t call them a relegation candidate unless you want to include us in that too.

Kinky Melinky

Superb finish to a great goal. I honestly didn't believe he'd score at that angle but hey...we're talking about a special player here.

cyberman

My main concern is the long balls we kept on playing. I understand that they were playing a high line, but we should have kept the ball much better, especially in the second half.
ETH maybe wants very quick transition from midfield to the attacking third, but it should come with quick passing and patterns rather than non-stop long balls. Had a feel of Ole the second half.
I was raging all game about it but my buddy pointed out it may be a tactic to combat the fatigue we have, use the pace up too and have less running around the team.
Kind of makes sense

wolvored

Very poor performance against a lower team. Still sometimes you win with poor performances just the same as lose and been the best team.

arnoldS

Wow I'm absolutely buzzing. Frustrating match and we should have won by 4 goals but nothing better than a last minute winner. Sunday saved. Love it!

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
We make too many stupid mistakes, too many flicks that don't come off and hoof it out from the back too often. Bruno on the right just does not work. Garnacho for Elanga would have been a much better substitution. Overall we deserved the three points, but could easily have lost. Hopefully the break does us good.

Superunknown

That game is all about the late winner, to be honest.

Yes, we can analyse it in depth and say how we were lazy at various occasions, rode our luck, should have scored more, etc. But, feck it...I love a late winner. :drool:

bringbackbebe

I was raging all game about it but my buddy pointed out it may be a tactic to combat the fatigue we have, use the pace up too and have less running around the team.
Kind of makes sense
Probably this. Its been a grueling month and a half. You have to pity the players.

always_hoping

Nothing better than a late winner! looked for all the world that those missed chances would come back to bite and in truth that 2nd half performance was average at best whereby they made bloody James look good.

3 points off 4th with a game in hand decent position to be in prior to this World cup break. 5 points better off after 14 games last season and this season have already played Spurs,City,Arsenal,Liverpool beating 3 of them.

siw2007

Wow, what a massive win and what a way to do it! In typical Man United fashion! Garnacho has got it, whatever you want to call it, he’s got it.

Not a great performance, Fulham we’re very tough, we should have buried them but there was some poor finishing from Martial, Rashford and Eriksen followed by a bit of bad luck which led to their goal. ETH usually does well with subs but the McTominay sub made us worse.

But great way to go into the break with a big win. This is Garnacho’s night!

Blood Mage

Garnacho :drool::drool:

Should have been a more comfortable game but for yet more dire finishing and a bizarre tactical move from ETH sticking Bruno on the right.

Edwards6

Said the other day Garnacho was the future, I admit now I was wrong he's the present! What a goal

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not the same at all but reminded me of this moment:

Pretty sure it was last min or so too.
First thing that came to my mind as well. He does have that X factor vibe about him. Not gonna go overboard though, seen too many promising youngsters not make it lately.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Deserve feck all. You can't goto an away match and miss chances like we did. Should have been a comfortable 3-0 win.

Guess players switched off for WC.

Hester_manc

3 best players:

Eriksen - goal and assist
Lindelöf - one of his best games for us for a long time
De Gea - how is he not going to the World Cup?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Frustrating match to watch, as we played ok but kept making stupid decisions. Fulham will be gutted to not even get a point.

I fecking love a last minute winner. Garnacho is so exciting :drool:

Delano

Feck me we needed that. Delighted for Garnacho.

The break has come at the perfect time for us tbh. Antony and Varane are massive misses for this team, they bring so much more balance on the right (along with Dalot).

Walters_19_MuFc

Delighted for Garnacho.

Casemiro actually isnt great on the ball but it will take ten Hag time to get the team playing how he really wants them to play. Just look at Arsenal under Arteta.

Elpidios

What a climax to that game, some good spells from United, but Fulham were definitely all over us, De Gea was fantastic with his reflex saves, but the obvious talking point will be GARNACHO, what a moment for the young lad! :devil:

I Am Zlatan

Fulham unlucky, but our lacklustre performance was weirdly worth it for how much I jumped at that late winner.
I think Fulham were lucky that we didn’t score more. Not a good performance, but we should have had another 2 goals. Our finishing is very bad.

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 292 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Fulham 0:2 Man Utd
  • 23% Fulham 1:2 Man Utd