g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

FA W FA Cup Quarter-Final

Manchester United 3:1 Fulham

Post-match discussion

Sun, 19 March 2023

lysglimt

Scout
The most exciting 6 minutes and 42 seconds I have seen in a long time

69.38 - Fulham lead 1-0
76.16 - United lead 2-1 and Fulham have got 2 players and a manager sent off.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
No clue what Marco Silva is trying to say
:lol:

Edit: Fulham are smaller than MUFC :lol::lol:

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Let’s be honest, based on how we performed for most of the game, the FA Cup is City’s to lose. We need a more quality squad options which I’m hoping the next transfer window will address

Crimson King

We’re a fumbling and a stumbling our way to the end of the season. At this point it seems likely we’ll end up with just the league cup unfortunately. Blood, sweat and tears.
God what a pathetic post.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Silva talking complete delusions
Interviewer should have said we'll award them the 70min cup in honour of their performance until then.
I'd have asked what on earth were you trying to argue you absolute donut. Your mate has handled it on the line. Clear as day.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Quite happy if McTominay never plays for us ever again. Sabitzer and Fred v barcodes please ETH.

JustinC00

Totally gifted the tie by Fulham. Couldn't see us getting back into it before they hit self-destruct.

You realize Sancho was scoring if Willian didn't use his hand, right? Would have literally been back in it at 1-1

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Has anyone ever witnessed a season with more Utd games? I can’t even keep up watching and following. Unfortunately the physical decline will continue, there is no way we can keep a good enough level in all 3 competitions. To be fair, I‘m satisfied from that point on as long as we don’t bottle top 4.
9 games in April coming up. I'm worried this season might go tits up if we don't pull it together. Every game is tiring to watch. Passing is piss poor it the minute.

siw2007

Jaded, lacklustre, second to every ball. Then after what is one of the biggest capitulations I have seen in a while, Fulham have handed us a place in the semi final.

The games feel like they are catching up with the players so hoping some of our players can sit on the bench during international break to get their legs back.

Ibi Dreams

Missed the first half, Silva just said in his interview they should have had a pen in the first half, on Mitrovic?
He got clipped slightly by Martinez (?) and made a meal of it. Wasn't clearly a penalty at all

AlPistacho

9 games in April coming up. I'm worried this season might go tits up if we don't pull it together. Every game is tiring to watch. Passing is piss poor it the minute.
Casemiro and Varane are huge losses to our passing

pogbasformerbarber

Reminded me of those old NE Patriots wins for the US football fans…grind it out and wait until the other team loses it. Not pretty but a solid strategy when you’re tired and nicked up.

On a side note…if we swapped Palhinha for either Fred or Mactom we’d have an absolute rock of a midfield. Exactly the type we need in the transfer window. He’s been immense all season and was their best player today IMHO…

Kag

God, we’re shite without Varane and Casemiro.

For a change, the international break comes at the right time.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
We REALLY need Eriksen back to tide us over until Casemiro is available. Every time both are missing we literally have no midfield.

Antony was good. De Gea was good, the rest of them belonged in March 2022.

I know Sabitzer scored but I still don't know what he actually does? Whatever it is it isn't playing in midfield. Fred should have been on at half time.

Sancho pratting about like a twat instead of scoring an open goal inadvertently won us the game via a nuclear meltdown.

Bitchtrovic.

bosskeano

How many of them actually get a rest? De Gea, AWB, Varane and Sancho?
they'll be guys going off with their National teams but may not actually get minutes so they'll get a bit of a rest....even so it'll be just a relief mentally to break away from the club pressures

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Yeah that was fun (in the end). ABUs losing their shit is also a bonus. Great going into a break on the back of a win. Still on for the Treble-lite. Happy days! :D

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Silva trying to show a stiff upper lip, but is pretty deluded.
Didn't help that the interviewer was deliberately trying to wind him up to be fair. Complete dick move from ITV really.

The "did you win it or did Fulham lost it" question to Sabitzer was beyond dumb as well, both as a question and it barely being in English. It got the deserved "dont ask me stupid shite" level of response

OldSchoolManc

De Gea and Shaw are due big thanks from Fulham for calming their players down during their Chernobyl moment.
Things could’ve been 10x worse but for their intervention.

Dannn411

Our performances need to be addressed immediately because it is putting our really good season in danger of ending with a whimper. Ten Hag did a good job adapting after getting hammered first two games of the season and that is the reason he is here. He needs to adapt again now. We need more control of games and greater midfield presence in order to be able to battle other teams in the middle. Its time to ditch this 2 man midfield (1.5 man midfield if we're honest because he pushes one midfielder forward regularly) and go for a full fledged 3 man midfield. Almost every game now we are getting overrun in midfield and getting almost completely outplayed as a result. He shouldn't wait till the 11th hour when all is almost lost to adapt. He has gotten enough red flags and warnings from our poor performances recently.

The Dane

I honestly fell sorry for Fulham. Yes it was a handball an the penalty was ok but I am not sure it was that deliberate and I think it’s a bit unfair to be automatically double penalised for that. A bit the same as when the keeper trips someone and gets a red because he’s the last man. Sometimes it’s deliberate and fair and other times it’s just a millisecond mistiming and it’s penalty, red card and game over.

Beanz

Old trafford plot armour is the only logical explanation for that result :lol:

Member 125288

Missed the first half, Silva just said in his interview they should have had a pen in the first half, on Mitrovic?
Mitrovic hung a leg out to engineer contact with Martinez and then blatantly threw himself down, absolutely the correct decision (was checked by VAR) and even Dixon thought it was the right call.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
He got clipped slightly by Martinez (?) and made a meal of it. Wasn't clearly a penalty at all
That should have been a free kick to us, he clearly clipped Martinez first, if thatj had been given it would have been us down to 9 men!

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 50% of 283 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 246 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Fulham win
  • Draw