PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:1 Huddersfield Town

Post-match discussion

Wed, 26 December 2018

RedDevil@84

I would love to know what Mourinho thinks about our last two games...
His usual stuff like "Man Utd is my past. I don't think about it".

That is what he says when he doesn't want to talk about things. Just like his usual rhetoric that he doesn't read what media writes/shows, but then goes around taking digs at Scholes, Neville and everyone in media about what they write/tell about him

Fully Fledged

Rewatching the match on MUTV it's been a while since I watched the match more than once.

I was too busy at the weekend to rewatch the Cardiff match.

reddevil80

You are right. But that's because we have played relegation fodder.
The moment we play a good team, who try to attack us, he'll either provide an assist or will score an own goal.
The game against Valencia was my last straw (re: Jones). He basically handed the game to them, by playing a hand in both their goals. Had he not been on the pitch we may have won that match 1-0 and finished top of our group.

Jones has mistake in him every single match. The question is, can our opponent take advantage of his error.
Could have, should have, would have.... what a crock of kaka poo poo. He is far from a tremendous defender but he is a hard, no nonsense defender who puts that handsome gurning face into the lions lair and never shirks a tackle, like days of old my friend.

Vidic, Stam, Bruce, Pally and soooo many other defenders have assisted with own goals and bad choices. What used to be our saving grace would be strong, hard midfielders and cracking finishers. We used to say score 3, we'll score 4, score 4, we'll score 5, that appears to be the way we are heading again.

Last edited by a moderator:
A huge improvement, no doubt about it. We again played in the United tradition of attacking football. Pogba looks rejuvenated; all the attackers were allowed to express themselves. Why Mourinho didn't adopt the same approach is something only he knows.

Fully Fledged

He would only be trolling himself then considering with Jose we were averaging 1.7 goals against and 1.7 for. Post Jose (I know it's only 2 games) we are averaging 1 goal against and 4 goals for...
I know. I always have and always will love OGS. Jose I've never really liked

Foxbatt

The chances at the back is not because we were attacking. The chances at the back was individual errors. It would be still be there even if we were not attacking. Dalot has been poor defensively. Lot poorer than Young, Valencia or even Darmian.
The midfield players should always stay with their markers / runners. This is why Huddersfield got their chances. All individual errors.

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
Are you mad? A world cup and several league titles and he's not successful? How can you expect people to take you seriously and not consider you bias when you come out with complete rubbish like that? And then you ask why people try to come up with other theories as to why people seem to be overly critical of the player. It's because people are literally making stuff up about him at every possible opportunity.
Ohh come on. He git titkes under him that does not make him 'successful'. He was part of terrific teams and was a key part but theres no denying that in 2.5 years in Man United he was unconsistent and a lot of the time seemed like he couldnt care less.

He has tons of potential but has obvious attitude problems that he needs to solve in order to take his career one step forward. Blaming Jose for all that went wrong with Pogba since he came to Man Utd is just childish. Pogba has his faults and everybody knows that.

Posh Red

Ohh come on. He git titkes under him that does not make him 'successful'. He was part of terrific teams and was a key part but theres no denying that in 2.5 years in Man United he was unconsistent and a lot of the time seemed like he couldnt care less.

He has tons of potential but has obvious attitude problems that he needs to solve in order to take his career one step forward. Blaming Jose for all that went wrong with Pogba since he came to Man Utd is just childish. Pogba has his faults and everybody knows that.
He has not been successful in a highly disfunctional team. The guy scored and assisted in a World Cup final for crying out loud. How can you describe him as being not successful? It’s just nonsense.

Again, where do people get this rubbish about him not caring? It’s just baseless hysteria. He has been one of our better players over that period. Conversations like these are just a waste of time so I’ll leave it there.

Mr PG

During some moments the team had more heart than brain, but they never stopped trying. Still lots of work to be done, because because today's performance is not enough for big matches, but in any case it's a pleasure to see offensive football even when it's not so good.
Players were fatigued on 2 days rest. Fitness levels poor under mourinho. United was outran by all opponents up to his termination. For 20m quid/yr we need to stop always going for the obvious big names. I want ole fore ever.... seriously

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
In the last 2 matches I've already seen more United players in the opposition penalty area during open play than in all of the matches added up together that I have seen since Fergie's last match in charge.
Was the performance against Huddersfield perfect? No.
Are there improvements to be made with the squad? Yes, especially at the back and centre midfield.
Was it the way United should play? Yes, and long may it continue.

Man of the Match

Paul Pogba image Paul Pogba 91% of 677 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 450 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Huddersfield win
  • Draw