LC L League Cup Semi-final 2nd Leg

Hull City 2:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Thu, 26 January 2017

wolvored

WTF was that? We made Hull look like Real Madrid. Poor performance unbeaten run gone. Consolation is we cant play that bad again surely. Wembley here we come

El Zoido

It's obvious in every single league cup game that we don't really care about it. Everyone gives lip service about how important it is, but the performances show it to be a lie.

3KDré

Most appalling performance in months. Despite a win I'm not very happy with the this result and the last two. It shows that some of our players have a very weak mentality and that Jose often chooses the wrong teams.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Dull, languid performance. Once again not good enough in the final third. Concerning to say the least.

littlepeasoup

Conflicting feelings. Happy we're through, disappointed with the performance which will probably get swept under the rug because we're through to a final.

Decent chance to record a good performance at the weekend and get back on track.

mav_9me

I only saw the last 20 mins. How awful were we? Sitting back like that in our own half, completely deserve to lose the game. Reflection of the managers cowardice. Just as our late goals have been a reflection of his attitude to go for it.. this is a reflection if his cowardice.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
One thing i didn't need to learn is Smalling and Lingard are dogshit....

mu4c_20le

Almost forgot... terrible performance but it doesn't mask an absolute joke of a decision from Moss.

Dobba

Rashford the only player who looked like he gave a toss and that is being generous. Phoned in performances all around.

Playing a midfield 3 makes little sense when you're playing two absolute non-entities in attack as the fullbacks. Especially when the "wide" players infront of them are both playing out of their best positions.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Rashford was good/great, De Gea was okay, the rest were subpar. Especially our fullbacks.
Boring loss win without breaking a sweat

Ban

What an awful awful game.

Jose has to take some blame.

Starting Rojo at LB despite everyone and their dog being able to tell you how bad he is there. Then bringing on Rooney who done feck all. Both were at fault for their 2nd goal.

Rashford should never start on the wings in a big game again. He is just so poor in those positions unless he’s playing as an impact player.

Smalling will be gone in the summer. His positioning is just abysmal and its clear he only looked good last season due to LVG's negative tactics.

Herrera once again had another bad game. Future captain? lol. He has to be replaced in the starting XI in the summer.

Streak over but I guess we should be happy that we’ve reached the final.
Few bad games and you would replace Herrera? Nice.
Rasfhord was the only guy who looked decent today too.

Anyway that was ugly. Job done but I would like to get back all that time I was watching the game. I hope we'll be better on Sunday and that Shaw, Martial, Rojo and Bailly will start. And Micky.

FujiVice

Played like a team who knew they were through. Hull wanted it more, sadly. But we did enough in the first leg, so glad we're through.

No doubt get a mad overration to the result, though.

Heardy

Shit performance for the most part but enough to get through to Wembley so less relevant.

I hadn't realised that it was 2010 when we last won the competition. With the final being so early in the season I do feel it gives the winner a bit of impetus going into the end of the season which could be all important.

I know it's not the most glamorous of competitions but a cup is a cup and having won the FA cup last year, another this year is what we need as Jose keeps building.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Shit game. Shit song.

Our form isn't great at the moment, haven't really played well since the Reading game.
This. The reason being we keep changing the team all the time.

What is going on with Martial?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
People, saying he picked the wrong team

I actually dont think he rotates enough.

A few regulars looked very tired out there

Devil may care

Such a lazy, lackluster performance, Rashford and Pogba did ok but the rest were sloppy or bored looking.

Ra5hid

That was terrible, poor from start to finish. Unbeaten run comes to an end but rather it was in the game where it didn't make any difference in the end than the premier league. We seriously have a problem scoring more than one goal, no coincidence since zlatan has been poor again we are making scoring difficult again

Shimo

Deserved loss. Hopefully a kick in the ass for Sunday that no one can be taken lightly and rest of the season. That was a weakened Hull team and we had a full squad out there - just a miserable performance all around.

krazyrobus

Dogshit performance. And we our form seems to have fallen off a cliff.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Jones and Smalling are an awful pairing. Lingard and Darmian starting offer nothing and should never start together, preferably in general. Poor from start to finish but thankfully we'll be nowhere near as shite in the final.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Poor team selection, poor performance. Rojo is still a dreadful left back, Smalling is still a nervous wreck on the ball, Darmian is w@nk and Pogba is utterly infuriating. Hope that's a wake up call for the rest of the season.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Get the feck ups out the way now. Hopefully we learn something from this before we play them in the league.

Son Of Sam

Shit game!

Jose was desperate for his pal(Marco Silva) to win this game. Everyone was a disaster to watch. If you wear the red shirt and you cannot even keep the ball against Hull then the end is nigh.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope that's not the start of a period of poor performances. need to get it out of the system quick.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Never want to see the day Smalling, Darmian and Lingard play in the same team again. This isn't a train filled with passengers!

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
A loss... = win?!

Terrible performance. Poor reffing.

This squad still needs a lot of improving in the summer.

Our 17 game unbeaten run comes to an end. Maybe that can be a good thing somehow? A kick up the arse? I dunno.

Roboc7

Negative team selection and tactics and really poor performance but we are through and that is all that matters.

Darmian and rojo are so poor as full backs, I think a new rb and lb are essential signings in the summer, we would be so much better if we could regularly field full backs who can attack and defend, Valencia is only one we have.

Yagami

Good post resistant
José showing why he's the best there is. Away to Hull, who barely have a team, and only losing by one goal to take us through to the final is the stuff of dreams. I think it's safe to say we're back, boys.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
The performances match by match have steadily been getting worse and worse from being very good to this, utter shite. We need to re find our form.

We're going to Wembley but that was an awful way to lose our unbeaten record.

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 375 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Hull City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 26% Hull City 0:2 Man Utd
  • 16% Hull City 1:2 Man Utd