LC W League Cup Semi-final 1st Leg

Manchester United 2:0 Hull City

Post-match discussion

Tue, 10 January 2017

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The tie is over but three nil would have enabled us to put out a second string.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Pogba ridiculous again. What a signing.
Everyone goes on about Carrick being our best passer, but without doubt it is Pogba. The guy is unreal...and this is coming from someone that didn't think he was all that when we were signing him.

ChaddyP

Never really got going but good result, glad Fellaini scored as at 2-0 we can afford to play a much changed side in the next leg, especially since it comes just before we play City in the league
unless it ended 4-0 I don't think Mou would play a weak team away from home against a team with nothing to lose in a semifinal cup competition.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Everyone goes on about Carrick being our best passer, but without doubt it is Pogba. The guy is unreal...and this is coming from someone that didn't think he was all that when we were signing him.
His pass to Rooney was ridiculous.

If you could combine his long range passes with Carrick's short passing and composure you'd basically have the perfect midfielder.

Bwuk

unless it ended 4-0 I don't think Mou would play a weak team away from home against a team with nothing to lose in a semifinal cup competition.
Not weak but the likes of Rashford, Fellaini, Shaw might get a game instead of Zlatan etc.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Probably, but Carrick is still more important to making the team gel and balanced.

Raw

I enjoyed it a lot, don't understand how can anyone say it was boring. Very good game.
I found it pretty comfortable to watch really. Quite frustrating before our first goal but it was always gonna come.

A good example of boring would be about 90% of last season.

yamo123x

Job done 2 goal cushion
Clean sheet
Pogba was best player on pitch by some distance
Positive again from Valencia jones and Herrera
Darmian- other than that cross was so poor- got roasted 3 times by snodgrass and gave several silly free kicks away. Blind back in for Liverpool game. Rashford looked raw and more effective from wide areas.
Now let's beat the scousers

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
It was a very big game for Hull and they'll have a good go again in their home leg. Great that we have the 2-goal lead, but I'm sure Jose won't do anything team-wise to risk that Wembley final.

ElQuesoGrande

Really didn't enjoy the game today. It's a semi final at the end of the day and the team on the whole didn't seem to care, shrugging off missed chances and not chasing fumbled balls. Herrera in particular seemed unusually withdrawn.

Raw

Best winning run since Feb 2009 (11 wins). Beat the scousers and we'll smash that record.

jackofalltrades

Pretty poor in front of goal, should have scored in the first half. We had lots of shots but not sure how many were on target or required good keeping. Bit lacklustre at times but weren't really challenged and stayed in second gear mostly. No injuries, which is good, and not too tired for Sunday.

Hopefully, Liverpool will lose by a similar margin tomorrow, not big enough to make them lose interest but in the end too much for them to overcome. MU S/Hampton final would suit me.

Djemba-Djemba

9 wins in a row :lol:

We weren't great today but we got the job done and the late goal has killed the tie off.

All in all a good nights work.

Robertd0803

We should have won 12-0. Loved Fellainis celebration even if Jose wasnt expecting it.

Frank Grimes

Was a strange game. Mkhitaryan should have scored in first half after a superb move and that would have settled us down. We didn't look as good in midfield without Carrick, Pogba and Herrera is not a balanced midfield. Frustrating game at times with a lot of under par performances and for a good spell in the second half it was boring(please don't attack me @Stack)

Walters_19_MuFc

Job done. We weren't at our best, but it's a win. Second goal was massive. Hopefully a two goal lead should be too much for Hull to come back.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Over the last few years, all I have seen are negative records, so it's good to see that we are creating positive records.

Oh how times have changed. We've gone from 'boring performance' to 'boring win'. We're just bored of winning aren't we?
If we won 4-0, fans would still complain....as they did in our previous match.
I think expectations and standards are rising. Fans are re-adjusting their expectations.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Was a strange game. Mkhitaryan should have scored in first half after a superb move and that would have settled us down. We didn't look as good in midfield without Carrick, Pogba and Herrera is not a balanced midfield. Frustrating game at times with a lot of under par performances and for a good spell in the second half it was boring(please don't attack me @Stack)
I wasnt attacking anyone, the other guy had said the game was boring, I was asking what made it boring. I thought it was a simple polite question not done with any condescending emoji's or snarky remarks.
So, why was it boring? I know you think its boring, just curious as to why you think it was boring

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Job done. We weren't at our best, but it's a win. Second goal was massive. Hopefully a two goal lead should be too much for Hull to come back.
Hopefully so. Certainly if we get a goal at their place we'll have to put in a hell of a bottle job to miss out on the final.

predator

Youth NITK
Maybe another goal or two would've been a 'good result' but we played similar football to what I used to play with my mates on a park against the shit team. Honestly we are very entertaining to watch right now.
Special mention to Paul Pogba, Mkhi, Mata...in fact everyone was very good. I am really am enjoying this United side.

I would love to see us play the likes of Madrid, Barca, Bayern with our best 11 behind closed doors because I genuinely think the likes of Pogba would be in his comfort zone against them. I may sound too optimistic but I think we are playing superb football. I just hope we maintain this form, if not improve and get the chance to prove how good we are.

Frank Grimes

I wasnt attacking anyone, the other guy had said the game was boring, I was asking what made it boring. I thought it was a simple polite question not done with any condescending emoji's or snarky remarks.
So, why was it boring? I know you think its boring, just curious as to why you think it was boring
The tempo was slow and we weren't creating many chances plus the atmosphere sounded very low key, could even hear the benches shout instructions. I was bored for a large spell in the second half.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Second half was boring as hell. We were sensational at times in the first half, though. Total football.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Pogba needs more freedom and fielding Rooney in the same side ahead of him really neutralises Pogba.

I hope we can get past this goal record pretty quick. Seems to have an influence. Rooney twice took a shot when another option was better, which isn't like him. And Miki looked for him too on a fast break when he had better options.

That Snodgrass first touch around the 83rd minute was possibly the best thing all game bar the Pogba free kick. Surprised me, and wasn't even picked up by the commentators.

frank lee madeer..

It was decent performance against a resolute hull side.
Its about as good as you can expect to look in these games. Credit to hulls new coach . On we go.

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 427 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Hull City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 42% Man Utd 3:0 Hull City
  • 21% Man Utd 2:0 Hull City