PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 6:2 Leeds United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 20 December 2020

dogwithabone

McTominay will rightly get the headlines but Fred was brilliant too, his contribution can’t be under estimated.

macheda14

My word if you go back to the match thread when our lineup was announced a good amount of posters were losing their shit.

saivet

Good game and Ole got the tactics and selection spot on. Certainly not wise to play like this every week and while we could have conceded a couple more we could have very easily hit 10. In a war of attack vs attack we were always going to win this one.

Easily the most entertaining game of the season (I didn't watch the Villa 7-2 game as I was sulking after the Spurs defeat).

Riz

Quite surprised at some of the comments. We just battered Leeds 6-2 and it could have been more. Absolutely brilliant day full of brilliant performances. Massive credit to Ole and the team.

7 points from City, Sheff U and Leeds is a very good return after bombing out the CL in the fashion we did. There’s a lot to like about this team despite its issues.

Josh 76

So we hammer Leeds 6-2 and it gets just 7 pages worth. If we’d lost it’d get double that, what’s wrong with you people?
This quote comes to mind.
"When you win, no one remembers
When you lose, no one forgets."

Crustanoid

Micah Richards and Dion Dublin nailing it on MoTD - the players do get affected by the keyboard warriors and it affects their game. Our 'fans' need to consider their rabid outbursts

redmanx

Really pleased to see McTominay have an imperious display against the old enemy, and really happy for James to take his goal so well. This new European manager has got us playing a really entertaining style, wonder whatever happened to that Norwegian who was so out of his depth*? Great game of football. I'm not sure it can be overstated how important a signing Bruno has been for us, despite Portugal being a worse league and Bruno not being up to the pace and physicality of the Premier League*.

/i
Today McTominay came of age, he was awesome and showed he really is a Manchester United player.

Plymouth Red

We mustn't forget that Leeds have been a handful for pretty well every team they've played this season. They took a point off City and finished 4-3 at Liverpool. Their energy and determination means they're nobody's fools.
We've just given them their biggest defeat of the season, I believe, so a round of applause for our chaps on the pitch and the touchline.

Mihai

So we hammer Leeds 6-2 and it gets just 7 pages worth. If we’d lost it’d get double that, what’s wrong with you people?
Bad result creates more controversy and therefore discussion. Not sure why this is so surprising for you.

croadyman

Excellent game. Just hope that we can plug the leaking goals in defense.
Yeah definitely need to cut down the goals we are conceding from set pieces, however that is for another day so lets all just enjoy the result for a few days

Pennywise

Starting a game on the front foot, pressing, aggressive and making chances. AT LAST. More of the same please

Gator Nate

:lol:
:lol: But there's more month left... Scott might get more goals.

So...

First time scoring six goals since 2011, if I heard correctly.

Third in the table on goal differential with a game in hand.

Seven league games unbeaten. A lot of folks ignored or put down what Ole said about the lack of a preseason, but since that drubbing by Spurs following a spurious red on Martial, things are coming on quite well. Perhaps not as even as we'd all like, but things aren't really as dour as the nay-sayers want us to believe. (Yeah, I know, Arsenal, but still...)

Ole said that he had a role for James in this match. (I figured it was Leeds' high line and that James' job was to push them until one of them got sent off on two yellows.) Seems like Ole had an entire plan for this match. Shame we couldn't finish more goals, but... oh, well.

Given that our defense has played much tighter than that, I'm not as worried as some. As others have noted, Leeds have scored a lot this season and are quite good at it. Their two goals today were top quality. But they push harder than most teams and I believe we won't get challenged like that often.

Oh, and two wins and a draw in our last three home matches. Yeah, the first four home matches were crap. But 4 is a small sample size. Let's see how things play out at mid-season.

Amarsdd

:lol: guess what the topic would have been if we had drawn the game let alone lost it.

TrustInOle

Absolutely cracking game. Every player left it all on the pitch and proud of every single one of them! Could have scored more than 10 today. Brilliant game all round and credit to Leeds, constantly trying to play.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers

:lol: guess what the topic would have been if we had drawn the game let alone lost it.

The question was posed in such a way that it made it impossible provide anything else other than a defensive response to salvage any shred of their remaining credibility. I mean not many pundits are going to say "Yes, I was wrong about Ole". Shambolic line of questioning.

U.N.C.L.E

Watching the game again again today and more noticeable on the replay is the joy on display from the players - smiles, back slapping etc, used to see this a LOT under Fergie - and the pace of the attacking moves, especially into the last third of the pitch.

Look for the runs into the box, the quick passing and the lads willing to WORK into position and create opportunity. Bloody marvellous.

tjb

The question was posed in such a way that it made it impossible provide anything else other than a defensive response to salvage any shred of their remaining credibility. I mean not many pundits are going to say "Yes, I was wrong about Ole". Shambolic line of questioning.
Our fans have to start guaging this and stop falling for the traps of certain media outlets. We're not chelsea, city, spurs or liverpool even. In England, ourselves and Arsenal get by far the most media attention based on the fact that we have the most fans. I've seen these other teams win the league or get into bad patches with very little media attention (with far more focus on their manager or one particular player).Liverpool is a bit different because the majority of their older players are good enough and have enough recognition to work in a lot of these media houses. They were very quiet when liverpool were poor over the last 30 years.

Our fans simply have to understand this and not buy into the press. We will always be a story. We are the only team who get hounded for playing a certain way and winning, or for benching players, or for not signing certain players. ABU is a real thing, similar to the way the media would cover Bayern in Germany, Juventus and AC Milan in Italy or Real and Barcelona in Spain. It's part of the being a big club. It seems unfair at times, but it's simply a consequence of England not having other big clubs to pay attention to.

Goku23

Our defense is bad once we get sorted we can challenge world class attack please buy defenders in January

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
What I don’t get is why lots of people, not just here, think Bielsa is some sort of tactical genius. He played absolutely suicidal tactics. Anyone with half a brain knows that if you throw everything forward against this Utd team, they can be lethal when they get in behind and they will get in behind. He made a real mistake yesterday and you ruthlessly took advantage of that.

Alek M

Da manic one
That first goal by McT is pure gold.
I really don't rate Dan. Speed will only get you so far. His decision making is awful like for that fall in the box. Plenty of available players yet he chooses to go him self.

Withnail

Shaka did. After the chuckle brothers blustered about Leeds being shit he was asked and straight up said he'd been wrong. Everyone gets things wrong they're only offering opinions after all and things did look dire at one point. It's easy to explain and not look like a defensive twat.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Shaka did. After the chuckle brothers blustered about Leeds being shit he was asked and straight up said he'd been wrong. Everyone gets things wrong they're only offering opinions after all and things did look dire at one point. It's easy to explain and not look like a defensive twat.
Ah thanks for pointing that out. I just realised Shaka did indeed! And valid point.

The argument made in the video about the Leeds match "not being normal" made me laugh. I mean he has a point but every team has a style of play and Leeds didn't have the defensive nous to contain us.

McTerminator

Coward. But who’s surprised.
I know it’s a joke, but the use of the word coward on this forum to describe our manager is really starting to wind me up. Bet every single one of the posters doing it would be the ones being cowardly if given the chance to tell Ole what they think face to face.

RedCurry

There are dozens of posters on here who insist they support the club totally, want only whats best for the club etc. All that bullshit gets said when it comes to discussing the manager and arguing their point about getting him out.

Will they come into a post match thread though and congratulation the team when we've won? 7 pages is the answer. Its shocking.
So here’s the thing, I feel I have been posting lesser on the forum because as a fan I just feel disappointed by the fact that we won’t be competing for top trophies. Do I watch every min of every United game still? Yes, of course. Posting online isn’t really a gauge of whether you support your team.

RedCurry

Why can’t they just respond with “hey if they play like this every game, I will be proven wrong along with many other critics!”?

Man of the Match

Scott McTominay image Scott McTominay 92% of 398 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 384 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win
  • Draw