PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 5:1 Leeds United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 14 August 2021

TrustInOle

Missing the world class finish from Greenwood
Even during pre season he just looks like he has took another level up in his development! Significantly stronger and dueling alot with the centre Half's and the minute he got the ball he just constantly drove at them!

Brilliant play in the middle of the park before releasing Pogba for his chance! (Crazy Pogba could have even had a couple today :houllier: )

Jagga7

Reminiscent of when we beat Fulham 5-1 on the opening day of 2006. We won the league that year :devil:.

lysglimt

Scout
Bruno getting a hat-trick and not being our best player says it all :)

Rustyspider13

Magic, just magic. Football can be so good.

Sorry Bruno, a hattrick would normally give you the motm but Pogba just shaded it. That pass to Greenwood was mesmerizing. Everyone was good to great today. Shoutouts to McTominay and Lindelof. The latter isn't giving up his position easily.

A brilliant opener, beautiful stuff overall. Long may it continue.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Love it when it's like that. It was a great game to start the season as it would always have an atmosphere, but presenting Varane before the game ramped it up, then the performance kept it going.
Agreed.

We just need to keep going.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Last season we scored 6 against them, now only 5. Progress??

abailey123

Outstanding. 5-1 up and bringing Martial and Sancho on with Rashford, Cavani and Lingard all to come in.
Bruno was superb
Pogba was outstanding
Mason Greenwood looks like he’s ready for a real run at centre forward
McTominay was a beast.
Couldn’t ask for much more really

redom

Fantastic start to the season, Bruno and Pogba were sublime and Greenwood looks hungry and sharp. With Sancho, Cavani and Rashford to compete for those forward spots it's going to be interesting to see how we use them all and get the best out of them.

Thought Maguire and Lindelof looked solid too, hopefully the addition of Varane just elevates the level of all the CBs and breeds a confidence at the back that will also allow the attackers to flourish even more.

laughtersassassin

What do you expect? Pogba doesnt want to be here, hes made that obvious. The fans would have been chanting for him if things were different and he wanted to stay.
Our fans berated and boo'd him the season he was our top scorer and top assisted. Top everything and he was hated on.

It's poor support.

Anyway let's leave it there for today as its a brilliant day!

LoneStar

What an opening game, Leeds play suits our style perfectly!

I think most of our players were on point today, and some of the passing was sublime, which I didn't expect since it was the first game. Bruno and Pogba were a level apart to the rest, and a hat-trick to start off!

Once Sancho is integrated, the interplay between him, Pogba, Bruno and Greenwood would be something.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Enjoyable that. Everyone played well. Third worldie in a row we've conceded in 3 consecutive matches. Bit odd that.

R'hllor

Good game, good performance. Happy for Pogba, those cowards that hide their hate behind his agent can suck a thumb this week, they created situation where Bruno and maybe other players are forced to try hard and point at Pogba so few % of praise goes to him...

reelworld

Bruno and Pogba got all the plaudits, but I thought Greenwood was incredible. Well taken goal, his movement and touch was outstanding too :drool:. Finger crossed he could be a starting striker for United. I'm not keen of the drama of chasing Haaland

McTerminator

Great performances all around and good to see Mctominay getting some respect for a good performance. He needs consistency, but he’s a top talent!

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Bruno and Pogba got all the plaudits, but I thought Greenwood was incredible. Well taken goal, his movement and touch was outstanding too :drool:. Finger crossed he could be a starting striker for United. I'm not keen of the drama of chasing Haaland
Yep I agree, Greenwood played fantastically today.

Spark

Ole has Bielsa in his pocket. Leeds will be coming to Old Trafford with PTSD if they’re not relegated next year.

Ah what a start to the season, makes me SO happy. Now to go out and waste my money on holiday clothes.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Everything was brilliant. From varane to the final whistle.

simply perfect.

Dazzmondo

Amazing start to the season!. Pogba and Bruno unplayable. Greenwood brilliant! Scott great in midfield. Nice to see Fred getting an assist. Such a well-rounded performance! Can't wait for the Southampton game!

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Main thing for me today was for me, Ole changed the formation slightly in the second half but it was the players who after they equalised, just went up another gear entirely and destroyed them. Hell of a statement of intent from the team. After the disastrous effects of the non existent pre season we had last season I can really see us challenging this year.

TheGame

Main thing for me today was for me, Ole changed the formation slightly in the second half but it was the players who after they equalised, just went up another gear entirely and destroyed them. Hell of a statement of intent from the team. After the disastrous effects of the non existent pre season we had last season I can really see us challenging this year.
Agree with this, was worried after their goal that it's the same old story but the players bounced back in style.

Dudu

Beautiful sight. Surely not a coincidence?

siw2007

What a start to the season, it’s been a long 18 months since we were last here and it was so worth it today. Absolute top class display considering that there was no Cavani or Rashford. Bruno and Pogba were class, so was Mason. James was weak but we can overcome that if the rest of the team deliver. Very tidy debut from Sancho too.

Last time we won 5-1 on the opening day was back in 2006 and we won the league that year so maybe a good omen.

Crustanoid

Top of the league.
How football should be

Us winning the league
Top 4 all proper clubs
Chelsea out of CL
Liverpool mediocre in mid table
City bottom half as bestows their stature in the game
Arsenal and Leeds getting relegated

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 56% of 502 votes

Runners-up