PL W FA Premier League

Leeds United 2:4 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 20 February 2022

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Dont get all the CR7 bashing. Not his best game but played like a proper team player, got involved in midfield. I know his standards are ridiculously high but some of you make it sound like he was a liability today and that couldn't be more far from the truth.

Also, feck leeds

Cloud7

That was a fun match. It’s been a while since we’ve been involved in such a fiery match. The best thing about the match was seeing some passion and fire in the players.

I don’t think anyone in that stadium wanted a win today more than Maguire. You saw it in how he lingered to celebrate with the fans for a few seconds more after Fred’s goal. In that regard I’m happy for him and the team.

For the next match I would keep Lingard in rather than bringing Rashford back into the team. There was a better balance with Sancho/Bruno/Lingard than with 2022 Rashford.

sirAlexsglasses

Well fair play to RR, we were all scratching our heads at, but they changed the game. Oh and Leeds are just pure SCUM, good to see Elanga bang one in and shut the tramps up.

Torbalan

We subbed Ronaldo and then scored two fast and easy goals, got the 3 points, pressing was better, everything was better. Food for thought for the next games.

Put Rashford up top with Sancho and Elanga, easy decision. Or Bruno as a false 9.

Sancho MOTM.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Lindelgod,
Sancho,
Bruno,
McT
All shouts for MOTM today.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Elanga might be my new favourite player. Shushing the Leeds fans like that and then winding them up further after FT.

What a game that was, brilliant entertainment. The goals we conceded were very sloppy, should never have let them get those goals but at the other end, beautiful. Pogba and Bruno with some insane flicks and moves.
What did Elanga do after full time?

antk

Puzzling how Fernandes can be so much higher in MOTM ratings than Lindelof and Pogba. The lost ball was criminal in the second Leeds goal, plus he was losing balls left right and center with hero passes that never paid off. Great run for our second goal though.

Moriarty

Like owning a time machine that was. Good old blood and thunder match against the scum. Pissed off that we shipped two goals like that but credit to Ralf for the subs.

United492

Really enjoyed that, nerves suffered a bit at times, good to see Tierney taking one in the back of the head towards the end.

Standout players for me have to be Pogba, Sancho, Bruno and Lindelof. Special mention for Fred, he may be a bit marmite, but I really like him and he finished that really well. Can take MOTM from any of those really.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Really wish Ronaldo had got amongst the goals, but you really can't knock 4 goals away from home. Especially having the massive upset of losing the lead within a minute.

That first goal was such a freak it was unreal.

mavradal

A tad lucky, but a well deserved win indeed. Also pitch condition was terrible so feck Leeds for that crap.

siw2007

Fab result against a bitter rival. Overall the better team won, 4 very good goals and effective substitutions from Ralf which had a positive impact on the game. Pogba was brill first half, Sancho 2nd half and Lindelof played well too initiating something good attacks.

No real accounting that fluke goal from them which got them back into the game, but once again we try to throw the game away in the first 15min of the 2nd half. It needs to be drilled into these players that they must do their jobs, especially the periods where the opposition are go if to have a go.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Great entertainment. Bad mistake by De Gea. Horrible conditions. Dirty Leeds bastards of course. Great to beat them. Sancho immense. Fair play to Fred!! Awesome goal by Bruno. Wonder if I saw some bad vibes between Fernandez and Ragnick at the end?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
The yellow to Raphina when he tried to get McT sent off was great as well, fair play to the ref.

Fts 74

Proper throwback I wish there were more games like that.

Excellent win Sancho fantastic he just doesn't panic in the big moments.

Buzzing.

Last edited:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The mentality of this side is worrying. Whenever we get knocked we go to pieces. As soon as Leeds scored you knew the next was coming.

Fortunately we found the composure to come back and kill the game. Although, my God did we make it tough on ourselves. Elanga should've scored from Sancho's pass and the Ronaldo one from Pogba shouldn't have gone begging.

Hopefully having fought back from adversity to win by a clear margin will screw some heads on.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
That was a fun match. It’s been a while since we’ve been involved in such a fiery match. The best thing about the match was seeing some passion and fire in the players.

I don’t think anyone in that stadium wanted a win today more than Maguire. You saw it in how he lingered to celebrate with the fans for a few seconds more after Fred’s goal. In that regard I’m happy for him and the team.

For the next match I would keep Lingard in rather than bringing Rashford back into the team. There was a better balance with Sancho/Bruno/Lingard than with 2022 Rashford.
Seems like this has been the case for a few games now.
Really good to see and actually adds an extra few percent onto the work rate when they get angry!

Superunknown

That was a hard game. Really well fought. One to remember. The conditions were shit and we could have easily have lost that game after conceding two quick goals. But, great resilience to re-take the lead and win the game.

Pogba, Sancho, and Bruno were stellar. :drool:

mu4c_20le

Finally turned a corner it feels like

Ralf's game management is improving

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Forgot to give a shout out to Ralf. Good stuff from the manager today.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
4 Caf MoM performances from Sancho in the last 5, Pogba bossing it all game and Fred with a 5-star cameo. I loved that game. :drool:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We got Geggenpressed and Argie Bargied and still came away with the points. Good throwback game and result.

Rustyspider13

That was some game! Almost fecked it up due to a fluke and Shaw but Ralf's super subs rescued it. Great performances from Sancho, Pogba, Lindelof and Bruno. AWB and Maguire did their jobs well. Happy for Elanga and Fred in particular was much better today. Glad Varane got some minutes too. Overall a good day but we're still too fragile mentally, not all teams are as crap as Leeds.

Delano

Feck all the normal things like passing, defending or shooting. To win that game on a swamp is great to see. A proper throwback.

Longshanks

Those 15 minutes after half time were cahos mostly thanks to the conditions making it very difficult to really play any football. Poor mistake from de gea for the first goal, and then cowardice for the second goal. But other than that it was a decent performance looked reasonably well in control.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
The kind of match you could end up with 9 a side. Happily no one injured. I played in plenty of matches with similar conditions. Fun to watch but not to play in. Pogba very good too. Plus Harry. Lots of positives.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Feels as if we won the game twice today. Sancho really grew into it. Bruno looks close to his best again. Ronaldo’s being a decent focal point (but cannot score to save his life. The attack looks really good again.

Ludens the Red

Apart from an absolutely atrocious first 10-15 mins in the second half probably our best performance in a while.
Players understood what it meant (apart from minute 45-60) good quality to our attacks too.

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 331 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Leeds United 1:3 Man Utd
  • 19% Leeds United 1:2 Man Utd