g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

PL W FA Premier League

Leeds United 2:4 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 20 February 2022

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Cracking game. Loved it. The field was almost a pool at one point and it felt like kick and run was the name of the game but it got better and we imposed our superiority again.

RedIan

Bloody hell, easy first half than a minute of madness. They get a fluke cross goal and we go to sleep.

once we regained control at 2-2 there was only going to be one winner. Some great performances to day, sancho is a magic player.
pogba was superb first half.. Bruno battling and always Looking to create. Lindelof some great runs forward.
Maguire was more solid and scored a great header..

Fred far better and what a goal.

Was emotional..

bucky

Shame we didn't score more. Sancho, Pogba and Lindelof were our best players I thought.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
First time in as long as I can remember that we've looked set to crumble but come back strong. Awful for 10 mins in second half but easily the better side (helps that Leeds defend like us!)

I know some here thing Scotty McT was poor but I thought he was pretty good. If he learns a bit more sublety he could be a decent hard man/enforcer.

Fred looked really good and RR was right to take off Pogba who went quiet in second half. Bruno showing he can be top top class but also too soft. Sancho beginning to look the real deal. Lindelof bloody brilliant

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
That was a right laugh. Especially just after half time with the sodden pitch. It was like a sunday league slugfest for about 10-15 minutes when the ball was hardly moving.

Loudest atmosphere I can remember hearing on TV for a long time. Away end sounded huge.

BarstoolProphet

Throwback to 90's PL. Both shit and amazing at the same time. Sancho, Pogba and Lindelof our best offensive players. What a feeling win at a full Elland Road again. Huge credit to the away fans

cyril C

Puzzling how Fernandes can be so much higher in MOTM ratings than Lindelof and Pogba. The lost ball was criminal in the second Leeds goal, plus he was losing balls left right and center with hero passes that never paid off. Great run for the first goal though.
Because he did scored, and a beautiful assist. Lindelof and Sancho was top of my mind by this facts influence my decision.

While he was responsible for the 2nd goal, I thought it was the 10y pass from AWB? that was the main cause.

rooney2009

Favourite game of the season so far
Everyone played well except for CR7 but even he did ok 2nd half
I loved that we won the fight and battle in the 2nd half
Leeds can not continue to play the top teams like this

Superden

I thought that was much better from McTom..stopping attacks with niggly fouls and the odd hack. All the top teams do it, we were just getting too nice.

madzo2007

Good performance today, actually played like a team and worked hard in such tricky conditions. Rangnick got the subs spot on.

Other than that mad minute where Leeds scored 2 including one fluke we controlled the game. Lindelof and Sancho were excellent

hammerfadl

Solid almost all match, bar a few minutes collapse in second half. Good recovery and delicious victory.

Pogba, Lindeløf, Sancho, Bruno all very good. Good from Fred also, and nice for Elanga to get a goal after the early miss.

Another goal against after opposition find room behind Shaw is a worry. How many matches can we keep playing him?

McTominay poor. Wants alot and lots of energy. But often way late in challenges and lacks too much quality on the ball.

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Brilliant result. We just need better control after half time. I was saying to myself, Leeds will come flying out of the blocks now. Granted their first was a fluke. It has been noticeable though how teams just come at us early on in the second half.

Sancho though was exceptional.

Banana Republic

Excellent subs at the right time.
As brilliant as Pogba was in the first half, he was fading out of the game early in the second half, yet again.
Lingard worked hard for the first 30 mins, but was disappearing again in the 2nd. His losing the ball directly led to Leeds‘ first goal.
Taking both of them off, turned it around for us.
McTominey worked his socks off and if wasn’t for his aggression and determination, we would have been bullied and overrun by a dirty and aggressive Leeds.

Jon@thon

Absolutely loved that! Everything you could want in a game and more. Great result, absolutely buzzing!

BorisManUtd

Apart from an absolutely atrocious first 10-15 mins in the second half probably our best performance in a while.
Players understood what it meant (apart from minute 45-60) good quality to our attacks too.
That's what worries me though, conceded early in the 2nd half against Burnley, Southampton and now twice vs Leeds. Liked the performance apart from that period but it is frustrating when it happens.

Watford is next game in the league and we have to win that one but Atletico in Spain first. Hopefully this result gives us players confidence for that game in Madrid.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I love beating them, battered in their cup final. A really good performance in unideal conditions. The defending for the second was poor from Shaw again imo, but we’re used to conceding them goals now, just need to keep the scoring up.
I think Fred and McTominay have been much better under Ralf. We still need a midfielder desperately but it’s not nearly as bad as it was under Ole.

Irwin99

Didn't rate a single player less than 6. Thought every player was either decent or brilliant. Lindelof and Maguire were fantastic, Bruno was everywhere and Sancho, Mctominay and Pogba were brilliant. Thought Ronaldo was decent although he should of scored in the first half.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Great result
Terrible conditions and a hostile atmosphere
Suffered terrible luck with their first and possibly second but stayed calm and composed and went and won the game again

Really pleased with that
The tackle on the United player to start the build up for the Leeds second goal, in other conditions it would have gone for a throw in. There was luck with both their goals.

Nicolarra90

Not a dig at Ronaldo but really fantastic last 10 mins of football with Bruno as a false 9.

90 + 5min

Great game! Great score in the end. Great subs.

Liked a lot today despite even if we saw some flaws in the game and individual misstakes.

Someone

Something
Loved the game, every aspect of it. The rain, the hostility, the drama. Only thing missing was red cards.

I think we played well considering all the conditions.

Natener

The confidence this win would give the lads is going to be incredible. Normally I would be furious with the way we collapsed after conceding that first freak goal but given how fragile the squad mentality has been even I as a fan was resigned to us throwing away the game. But to come back from being shell shocked, to come back and fight for the win after our period of collapse, I'm just so proud of the lads. This win is going to be so important for us. I just feel it. Also, feck Leeds!

Ludens the Red

That's what worries me though, conceded early in the 2nd half against Burnley, Southampton and now twice vs Leeds. Liked the performance apart from that period but it is frustrating when it happens.

Watford is next game in the league and we have to win that one but Atletico in Spain first. Hopefully this result gives us players confidence for that game in Madrid.
Yeah it’s happening almost every game and it’s infuriating. We just seem completely surprised that a team losing at half time will come out pumped second half. It’s bizarre.
Im sure Rangnick has noticed it and will start hammering home that it can’t be happening.

Shiva87

Good result. Need to see some consistency in results now. Too many up and down moments in a game, and no control.

Still feel Ralf has to get his message of controlling games through to this team. We need to not concede and let teams into the game when we are ahead.

Very happy with the goal from a set piece, and Sancho's performance today. Sancho particular was composed and fully in control when he got the ball. So much better than his first few games with us.

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 331 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Leeds United 1:3 Man Utd
  • 19% Leeds United 1:2 Man Utd