PL W FA Premier League

Leeds United 2:4 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 20 February 2022

Hester_manc

An entertaining match with lots of intensity and fight. There was a lot of random situation, especially in the second half, where the pitch became really bad. I think Sancho, Bruno and Maguire were our 3 best today.

The only criticism: I miss a real striker (goalscorer). A type like Nistlerooy, RVP or Rooney. The last real striker we've had was probably Zlatan or Lukaku (but dont want him back..ever).

Last edited:

CraftySoAndSo

A couple of points, 1) WE SCORED FROM A CORNER!!!!! 2) The ref was heavily influenced by the players and crowd today, even going as far as blowing for a foul a good few seconds after. 3) Big credit to Rangnick for his subs, they were ballsy but won us the match. 4) Our mentality after conceding is still shocking, but again credit they turned it around and won today. 5) Bruno seriously needs a go at false 9, could be a revelation and 6) I don't know what a couple means.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Great win. Lindelof was head and shoulders our best CB and my man of the match.

Great to see Sancho hitting his stride and it makes such a huge difference to have three creative players starting and not just kick and shoot merchants. When Pogba leaves, we need another creator or we'll be back to doing nothing in attack next season.

Red_Aaron

The tackle on the United player to start the build up for the Leeds second goal, in other conditions it would have gone for a throw in. There was luck with both their goals.
Agreed, I thought that tackle was more of a foul than the Bruno one too he flies in out of control

We've had a dreadful run of luck lately, hopefully it points to good fortune during the run in

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Don't remember the thread, but saw Meslier mentioned as a potential future keeper.
Not impressed - the 3rd was definitely saveable, and with some luck the 2nd and 4th too.

NZT-One

We played well today. Wasn't very controlling through the match but it seemed, that was intended. Intensity was very good and RR got the subs right indeed. Very well done from everybody. Was worried after the 2:2 but we carried the fight back to them and earned being a tad lucky.

Coops73

Great result and that’s all we need right now and I know that the conditions were shite but I felt really frustrated at points.

Leeds we’re fecking awful and I felt like we should of been 3-0 up at halftime. The usual brain fart for a couple of minutes at the beginning of the 2nd half but great subs from Rangnick and Sancho was really good today, he’s getting better and better and is fast becoming the most exiting player in this team.

Lingard was gash and it’ll be good when he’s gone, Pogba I thought was playing well when he got taken off and I was surprised.

All about the results right now so I’m chuffed because Arsenal, spurs and Wolves are lurking and March is going to be a cnut of a month for us.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Sums up the season: 3 points and still 4th but they threw away a 0-2 lead.

Joseunited

We need to find someone to partner Lindelof,what a player,also Lingard can feck off.
Good win,should been 6 at least.

Giggsy13

7 wins, 1 loss and 4 draws in the league since Ralf has taken over. He’s stopped the bleeding. Those 6 dropped points against burnley, Villa and Southampton when we were winning is incredibly frustrating considering we’d be 2 points up on Chelsea. Next 6 fixtures will be the real test to see if we’ve actually turned a corner under Ralf. Along with beating Atletico, revenge at the ethiad and anfield is a must.

Abraxas

I thought we did brilliantly.

Tricky conditions, but it worked in our favour as I think it took the legs and enthusiasm out of Leeds a bit. We just picked them off utilising all the space they left as they couldn't really get the press going. I thought our forward play was very good, albeit Leeds gave us a lot of opportunities as they tend to.

It was only really a total fluke and one sloppy bit of play after that which marred it. It's easy to forget Ronaldo and Elanga missed unbelievable chances as well. They were three quarter chances, at least one should have been buried.

AndyMUFC

Played well in a proper old school blood and thunder game. The fluke goal at the beginning of the second half rocked us after controlling the first and helped get them back into the game but showed good character to come back and get the three points.

Red00012

Good win but to put into context Leeds are awful at the moment and without 3 of their best players. We should be allowing teams a way back after we take the lead.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
First game I’ve enjoyed for a while. I laughed when the 2 goal lead slipped but I was convinced that United would score again. Sometimes you can just tell.

Robertd0803

Get in there.

Not even sure where to start with that one.

Had a weird feeling Maguire would score from a corner today.

Couldnt believe we blew a fecking lead in the space of 60 seconds but thought we showed great character to not fall apart and keep going and get the win.

Elangas celebration sure must have felt good for the lad considering the shit he had to deal with after Freds goal.

Exhausted having just watched the match, dont know how Leeds fans manage it every week watching them defensivley.

TheReligion

Abusive
We were missing one starting player :lol: and you might want to compare what we spent on the 11 that started v on the 11 players they spent .
No I don’t really as I’m not interested. We just beat an old rival in a derby game in a pretty electric match. We also scored 4 goals and showed heaps of character and team spirit.

I’m pretty happy thanks and don’t need moaning cry baby whinging to drag me down!

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Good win but to put into context Leeds are awful at the moment and without 3 of their best players. We should be allowing teams a way back after we take the lead.
That’s just making excuses to criticise the team.

While I agree we shouldn’t have let in 2 goals but 1 was a freak goal.

Can make any excuse, coulda woulda shoulda.

If Ronaldo had scored his point blank shot, it’d have been 5-2 today

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
In the end it was a good victory, Leeds are somewhat of an anomaly because they aren't representative of the Premier League as a whole.

I think Sancho is coming into his own, I heard he's always better in the second half of the season and this is appearing to be the case here in England too.

What worries me is our mental fragility, the way we conceded 2 goals was disgusting and pathetic. It was like against Villa and against other teams we probably would have drawn or lost the game. Thankfully Leeds aren't air tight.

Nonetheless, it's a victory, we scored 4 goals, WE SCORED FROM A CORNER, and we beat the scum!

Wing Attack Plan R

Pogba off, Fred on, is the strangest substitution I’ve seen. Fred took his goal like he does it every week. Loved the fight from McT. Loved how the game was on the edge of chaos.
I would be interested to know what has changed in Sancho’s play, if he’s said anything about it, because he looks like the player he was in Germany after looking like a flop. Also think Lingard added a lot to the attack and getting back on defense. He doesn’t seem to have a lot of quality but makes up for it with industry (same could be said for a few of our team).
The only worrying thing was how easily they got themselves in scoring/shooting positions. No accuracy with most of their shots but someone like Bamford would have buried those chances.
Great to score 4, and away from home and against the scum makes it sweeter still.

Red00012

No I don’t really as I’m not interested. We just beat an old rival in a derby game in a pretty electric match. We also scored 4 goals and showed heaps of character and team spirit.

I’m pretty happy thanks and don’t need moaning cry baby whinging to drag me down!
I’m happy too but your argument was we were missing players too :lol: :lol:

youmeletsfly

So how was the game actually? I didn't get the chance to see it.
I heard that with better finishing Leeds could've had 3-4 more, same for us. Also, was Ronnie that shite?

copen1945

What a win. It wasn't pretty, but only the results matter. Ralf has injected intensity to the squad and is doing well, under the cirumstances that are beyond his control.

lex talionis

An outstanding show of character to recover from the equalizer. If I had to nitpick, it's that we again came out sleepy at the beginning of the second half, but we recovered fantastically in front of a hostile crowd (by brilliant away supporters) and generally adverse conditions. It was a must-win match to remain in a strong position to secure fourth place.

My worry now is Atletico. This match took a lot of our players, physically and mentally.

Wing Attack Plan R

And Maguire scored from a header, made it look easy!

couldn’t take your eyes off this game, like how it should be. I thought our whole team played well today. There were individual mistakes, people out of position, neeess giveaways, but we came back and won by 2. We didn’t get rocked by their goals, we came to play.

Revaulx

Finally turned a corner it feels like

Ralf's game management is improving
Definitely.

Hardly surprising it wasn’t great to start off with, as he’s spent little time in the dugout in recent times. He seems to have the intelligence to pick things up quickly though, which is really encouraging.

saivet

Missed the game and forgot to record it. Anyone have any good quality full match replays, PM me please!

Josep Dowling

We subbed Ronaldo and then scored two fast and easy goals, got the 3 points, pressing was better, everything was better. Food for thought for the next games.

Put Rashford up top with Sancho and Elanga, easy decision. Or Bruno as a false 9.

Sancho MOTM.
Bruno should be played as a false 9, think we could do a Liverpool style front 3. His touch for the 4th goal was incredible and something that Ronaldo simply doesn’t provide. Plus Ronny missed that absolute sitter. He’s missed quite a few easy chances recently.

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 331 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leeds United win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Leeds United 1:3 Man Utd
  • 19% Leeds United 1:2 Man Utd