PL D FA Premier League

Leicester City 1:1 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 28 November 2015

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
No signs of progress, if anything we are getting worse. Darmien is the latest to look like half the player he was. The philosophy is killing our players. LVG has to go.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Too slow. I have been a supporter of Van Gaal till now, but he needs to change things. We play too slow too create anything.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm worried we're killing Martial. This is probably irrational, born out of the fecking dull shite we're serving up week after week, in which he gets caught up, seemingly. I'm just concerned that it might seriously hinder his development. Not that he played badly. But he seemed so much livelier when he started out.

Anyway, boring game, at least we got a point. The big positive was Rooney getting subbed, I didn't expect that.
Notice how this has happened for several player under LVG. After a good start, players become proper LVG players and start to slowly have shitty performances one after the other.

Oo0AahCantona

I think we are behind where we should be at this stage of the post moyes transition, let alone the post fergie one. I could accept us hanging around bottom of the top 4 pack if we had made good progress towards a positive style of play, like potchettino has done to spurs in his short tenure.

Its not the end of the bloody world, but our progress worrys me.

Also, considering how far the top british clubs have fallen compared to their european ounterparts, its even worse.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Top of the table up for grabs and yet, played safe.

Bit sad to watch.

Rooney is disgraceful. Darmian has been so average it's ridiculous. Bastian's best game for us. MOTM along with Smalling.

Won't be long until Leicester crumble. They offer less than we do

Riz

Need to get Herrera and Lingard back into the attack asap and we'll look much better I think.

Feck it, sign Mahrez.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Had enough of Van Gaal and this boring shitty football. Waste of time watching this crap

Americano

Make America Great Again!
We only had one substitution. This was a winnable game. I feel strangely distant from the "action", I don't sense much passion in our play. Watching the aggression that Vardy & Ulloa showed made it even more troubling.

I would like to see how another manager would use this group of players.

Mindhunter

We fought well after going down and dominated the game (as usual). But in the wrong areas.

Van Gaal needs to stop the team analysis sessions. It's clearly affecting the players and they are playing within themselves. In the last two minutes there is no urgency to move the ball forward at all. It was as if we have accepted the result. You can play like that after being 4-0 up. Else like the rest, you have to take risks to score but NO that isn't part of the philosophy.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I feel that having 3 at the back worked quite well today, but towards the end I would have liked us to mix things up to go for the win. Move to 4 at the back, put Blind at LB, Young at RB, and sub Darmian. Young's crossing wasn't great, but he was more of a threat than Darmian.

It was a deserved draw. Leicester didn't create too much, but they were set-up to counter, and did it pretty well. We controlled their counter attack threat pretty well - goal aside - but once again we looked pretty toothless up front.

PieCrust

Our fullbacks were both very disappointing today tbh.
I thought Young played well honestly. Lots of dangerous crosses and was about the only one who could consistently provide any service from the flanks. Darmian, I don't think was bad, but he's just not that attacking of a full back. He won't beat anyone one v. one, and his service is predictable.

We are just horrible going forward in almost every phase however. 352, 4231, 433, it doesn't seem to matter as we have zero cutting edge to our attacking play whatsoever.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
What's happened to Martial,,,he looks disinterested, slow and on occasion asleep?

Moriarty

Schweni tried his best to make things happen but there wasn't a lot of movement around him. I thought Schneiderlin should have come on to create that bit more space to allow Basti to link up play. Martial was isolated and on the right, Darmian showed why he's a better full-back than a wing-back. We don't seem to break with pace at all any more. We miss Shaw on the left and we desperately need a striker. We'll see what happens in January but if we're going to maintain a challenge for the title, a couple of new players in is a must.

Chicharo

Another bad performance characterized by pointless passing and awful playing in the final third.
LVG out. I'm sure that some players would play much better with a decent manager.
BY some I don't mean Young and Rooney. They are simply useless

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Can someone explain to me how the ref stops the game with us attacking and the time at 1.45 mins of the MINIMUM of 2 mins of stoppage time?
We used to have Fergie Time, now we have its opposite...LVG Time. The slowness and dullness of the football is such that there is an effect on the space-time continuum and the referee's watch actually speeds up to compensate for it.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Didn't deserve to lose but didn't do too much to win
Young & Darmian were awful and didn't see the point of McNair- bad positioning and didn't do too much either - hopefully the injuries were the only reason for the 3-5-2
Smalling MoM and Schweinsteiger next - just wish he'd pass forward more

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We're playing like pussies. I refuse to blame players when somehow everybody who comes here gets castrated.

Ole'sbodyguard

Looked twice the team when Rooney went off
How? The standard of the performance was pretty much the same from first minute to last. Loads of possession, very little created from open play. Our best chances all came from set pieces.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Another match, another similar boring attacking display. Not specially annoyed as it's the norm these days. At this rate, the season cannot end soon enough.

VanGaalEra

Decent enough away performance, would have been perfect had we not conceded an awful goal.

Only a point off top, I'm happy.

Mutter Merkel

fate tied with LVG
Rooney should never start another game. Herrera can't come back quickly enough.

We play desperately slow boring stuff.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Not a bad result but we could have easily won. Story of lots of matches this season. There is real lack of urgency in players and they go about leisurely even at the death when we are not winning. Schweini had couple of good chances to pass at 92nd min to Young and he dilly-dallied, back passed , then some random passing, ref got bored and blew early.
I think this season we will end up getting more points than last season but such performances where there is lack of ambition to add to the lack of guaranteed scoring options upfront, it is hard to see us being in the mix for title.

As much as I am disappointed with our performances, this is not the time to break something which is going decent and we need LvG to stay on to ensure we stay in the mix for top 4 and there is good foundation for next manager. We HAVE TO get a 1-2 top quality forwards next summer.

MarkC

Supported LVG all along but today not quite sure what to think. We set up negatively from the off and however good Leicester are at the moment there shouldn't be any circumstances we are happy with a draw which is how it seemed. I've seen progress from LVG up until recently but today there was zero cutting edge at all. Almost looks like he has lost a lot of the squad players just don't seem to give a feck.

This pissed me off, big time... I can see it if you're a second or two away, but 15 seconds is a ton of time to do something in the final third.
This pissed me off more than anything, not that we would have scored but a minimum off two minutes how can he blow the whistle on 91.48. My bet the thick cnut forgot to reset his watch after the false start!

Spoony

The People's President
We used to have Fergie Time, now we have its opposite...LVG Time. The slowness and dullness of the football is such that there is an effect on the space-time continuum and the referee's watch actually speeds up to compensate for it.

Yeah but you're a footballing pleb, or something.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I didn't think we did badly, to be honest, against a team who were prepared to sit back and counter.

I do think Van Gaal needs a Plan B. No point dominating possession when our opponents have their whole team behind the ball ready to counter.

Play a deeper line, tempt them out a little bit, anything, because we don't have fullbacks who can properly attack, something you need when you want to dominate possession and score, I feel. Darmian needs to work on his crossing.

Man of the Match

Bastian Schweinsteiger image Bastian Schweinsteiger 45% of 759 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 543 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw