CS W Community Shield

Leicester City 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 07 August 2016

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Against the league champions, think we did pretty well. Good performance from Bailly, horrible from Rooney.

Hed Zitin

Wasn't a great game, but it's pre season.

Put the ball in the box for our big striker. Goal. Do it again. Quit the tippy tap outside the box.

Raw

Alright game, Leicester had some chances but we did well to keep them out. Their goal was a complete gift from Fellaini.

ReDDHDevilS

Lingard and Valencia both of whom get dog's abuse on here by impatient fickle supporters were again our two best players on the pitch.

As for the game, we really could do with couple of extra games. We look worryingly disjointed at the moment.

Will Jose have the guts to take off Rooney when he's playing so shite? He should have been subbed off after 30 minutes instead he went on to play another 60 minutes!

Apart from that early nutmeg, Bailly was colossal! He's going to be some defender one day.

Finally, well done Jose and his boys! Let's hope it's the start of something great.

Ibi Dreams

Rooney was utterly dreadful. I really hope we don't just let him play forever so he can "get into form", we have a number of players in his position who offer more than him virtually all of the time

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Just a pre season match. Considering our awful planning in pre season, it's a pretty good result.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Good to get back winning again, in spite of Fellaini. Thank God Pogba's coming, Fellaini should never play for United again.

Bailly was very impressive. Vardy got no change out of him. Deserved man of the match. Jesse showed why he is starting. Fantastic positioning, work rate, running. Even without the goal he'd shown his quality. Great to see Valencia get down the outside and get his assist. Had to be Zlatan with the winner. ;)

PS) Rooney was awful

Thiim

I like how Leicester were allowed to take the throw in a good 5 meters forward from where the ball originally crossed the side line just because it was one of those Delap throw ins.

On another note:

Positives: Bailly; Ibra (mostly because we now have absolutely zero reasons to play Fellaini as Ibra can score headers as well)
Negatives: Fellaini, Rooney, and that immobile midfield

Esquire

Rooney should not start. Try Mata or Miki in the middle for a change.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
Rooney was awful. May this continue! :P

Also, it's great to have football back again. It was nice to both follow the match and the comments in here.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
My lowest rated player last season was Rooney he's now my worse player yet again and will likely stay there

Bailly is already becoming my favourite player him and smalling will be a very exciting athletic partnership

Kaos

Looks like it's going to have to take a lengthy Rooney spell on the sidelines for him to be dropped.

Hope it doesn't come to that, rather Mourinho does what Moyes or LVG didn't have the balls to do.

liamp

I don't think this squad has a player who can effectively play in a midfield 2 with Pogba. Maybe Schneiderlin, but that's about it. If they're going to insist on playing Rooney and going with effectively a 2 man midfield, that's going to pose serious problems.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
  • Great goal by lingard
  • Bailly was immense
  • Shaw looks fit
  • Martial needs more game time
  • Fellaini made one error and it was a big one
  • Zlatan was good
  • Rooney is done at this level and is done at this club and will cost us the league if he plays

luke511

Pretty shite game, Rooney's presence is as frustrating as ever, Bailly is our buy of the summer so far.

Esquire

I like how Leicester were allowed to take the throw in a good 5 meters forward from where the ball originally crossed the side line just because it was one of those Delap throw ins.

On another note:

Positives: Bailly; Ibra (mostly because we now have absolutely zero reasons to play Fellaini as Ibra can score headers as well)
Negatives: Fellaini, Rooney, and that immobile midfield
Pogba and Morgan should cure that. Carrick was not bad. Fellaini would be a back up.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Based on that, I don't think Leicesters drop off will be anywhere near as big as some people think.

AndyJ1985

Really like Bailly, the lad looks quality.

We still play too slowly and our passing and movement is poor. Players like Fellaini, Rooney, and Carrick are so sluggish. If Rooney starts as a #10 every game then we have a problem; he is shite beyond belief. Think we need a pacey right winger and to put Mkhitaryan in the middle. Really think we need another CM as well as Pogba.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Based on that, I don't think Leicesters drop off will be anywhere near as big as some people think.
No I think you're right. After they won the the league last season I predicted they'd finish around 6th or eight at worst the following year. After today my opinion has not changed.

Chip

Rooney was awful, once again. Valencia was MotM for me. Played the full 90 minute, did very well defensively, had some good breaks offensively and provided another assist. If he keeps up this level, I don't think we can get a much better RB.

Distracted Steward

Wasn't a great game, but it's pre season.
For the end of preseason, there wasn't much sharpeness. Granted there's been turnover, they need more work together. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped points early on.
Lingard and Valencia both of whom get dog's abuse on here by impatient fickle supporters were again our two best players on the pitch.
Yep.

Ventura

It's a terrifying game in the sense that it looks like Mourinho is going to repeat LVG's mistake and insist on playing Rooney regardless of what he does on the pitch. Hopefully he'll be on the bench when the league starts, but ... you just know he won't. It's going to be that kind of season again.

Man of the Match

Eric Bailly image Eric Bailly 69% of 1049 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 713 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw