PL W FA Premier League

Leicester City 0:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 05 February 2017

wolvored

Are the players not already good enough?! I just think, with the talent out there, we have to be performing better.

But a wins a win - onwards and hopefully upwards.
Some are but you know mourinho will bring in players who fit his play better and shift out some who havent

Achilles McCool

I wish I could but I just don't see any reasons for celebrations. If we had also won our last 2 games we would have been solid in the top 4 and the chance we would finish in the top 4 would have been almost realistic. But after dropping all those points it just feels like a fallacy for me and I refuse to live in false hope again.

For me it is still very much mission impossible.
You're a football fan! It is all about "False Hope"! At least 8 teams (and their fans) each year start off the season in August believing that they can win the League. The false hope is what keeps the fans coming back year after year.

But, I guess its more fun to moan and groan about a 0-3 away win to the current Champions. Maybe that is what keeps you coming back :rolleyes:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Back to giving truly professional (if not always thrill-a-minute) performances. Not difficult to spot the difference between Zlatan and Rashford. Ibra scored with almost an identical chance that Rash blazed over and how many more open goals is Mata going to miss? Overall, some great performances, including Rojo (why was he hauled off?), Mi9ki and Zlatan. Herrera did a bit of a Carrick, calm without being seen much. No

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Back to giving truly professional (if not always thrill-a-minute) performances. Not difficult to spot the difference between Zlatan and Rashford. Ibra scored with almost an identical chance that Rash blazed over and how many more open goals is Mata going to miss? Overall, some great performances, including Rojo (why was he hauled off?), Mi9ki and Zlatan. Herrera did a bit of a Carrick, calm without being flashy. Now we absolutely must do it again against Watford. On a final note, I almost didn't recognise Ashley Young ha ha

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Comfortable win, but I didn't think the performance was anything to write home about. Poor start, slightly better after the formation change, took advantage of Leicester collapsing after 1-0, but I hate how we stopped trying to score after 3-0. Goal difference could put us out of the top 4 in the end.

Mkhitaryan clearly MOTM.

hn4manunited

Good solid performance. Started a little slow due to how we were setup. Great to hear about the attention to detail from Jose when Mkhitaryan said the change in formation was worked on before the game and talked about the change if the original setup wasn't working. Not a surprise from someone of Jose's reputation.

Weren't much to talk about after the 3rd goal. Wouldn't surprise me if the players were told to control the game and take their feet off the gas after 3-0.

We do need to figure out how to start a little better though. I think one of the reasons Jose started us in that formation is to make sure we don't concede an early goal. Get a handle on the game and build from there.

Reactions: Penna

studs

Smalling has been "good" long before Bailly got here you muppet. Played another great game today alongside Bailly; won everything in the air, as usual & played a part in the build up to several chances including goals scored. And passed the ball about effortlessly today with some confidence. I thought it was poignant that Jose chose to take Rojo off & replace him with Blind rather than take off "captain" Smalling & sliding Rojo alongside Bailly.
There' only a couple of teams in the premiership that Smalling wouldn't walk into & improve them.
Listen here pal, Smalling is a hands on knees jersey puller, a huffer and puffer and that's all he has been since he got here. Having a few good games here and there isn't going to change that. Oh and since you've been personal. If you had said that to my face you would be lying flat by now.

So much for this.
criticise the post not the poster; remain respectful to other posters,

I guess that rule must be a myth.

Slán

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Listen here pal, Smalling is a hands on knees jersey puller, a huffer and puffer and that's all he has been since he got here. Having a few good games here and there isn't going to change that. Oh and since you've been personal. If you had said that to my face you would be lying flat by now.

So much for this.

Slán
It's not a myth but you need to give the moderators time to look into things. They can't be everywhere at once.

You can also report any posts that you feel are contrary to the forum rules.

Dr. Dwayne

Smalling has been "good" long before Bailly got here you muppet. Played another great game today alongside Bailly; won everything in the air, as usual & played a part in the build up to several chances including goals scored. And passed the ball about effortlessly today with some confidence. I thought it was poignant that Jose chose to take Rojo off & replace him with Blind rather than take off "captain" Smalling & sliding Rojo alongside Bailly.
There' only a couple of teams in the premiership that Smalling wouldn't walk into & improve them.
Rojo appeared to hurt his back at the end of the first half.

Also, please avoid insulting other posters as it's not conducive to stimulating debate.

Dr. Dwayne

2 goals in 13 league appearances and Martial is the solution to our goal-scoring woes. Classic. Nothing builds a players reputation better than not actually playing. Mourinho should bench him for another month or so. He'll be the best player in the world by the business end of the season.
:nono: if he does that we'll have to pay some of those add on fees!

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Lingards 24 not a young kid anymore in football terms
It's all relative; Ibra's a little older and still playing quite well ... I am not sure exactly when he was in his prime or how he was doing at 24? Probably better than Jesse but that was over a decade ago now! ;)
I think it's generally accepted that footballers "peak" in their late 20's so there's still hope for Lingard. I'm personally not holding my breath but he too has shown flashes of brilliance (FA cup goal among others) and moments where he's just a child (On the coach at West Ham last year)

wolvored

It's all relative; Ibra's a little older and still playing quite well ... I am not sure exactly when he was in his prime or how he was doing at 24? Probably better than Jesse but that was over a decade ago now! ;)
I think it's generally accepted that footballers "peak" in their late 20's so there's still hope for Lingard. I'm personally not holding my breath but he too has shown flashes of brilliance (FA cup goal among others) and moments where he's just a child (On the coach at West Ham last year)
And those stupid Dab things with Pogba. I think at best he will be a go to reserve or a cup player once Mourinhos bought in some more top class players in, in the summer.

Grunge

So much for this.

Slán
I'm not too big to apologize "Slán", so I'm sorry if you took offense at my epithet. No need to act the hard man though. Consider me "down & out", a beaten man, and that you've taken full revenge for my strong & insulting language*. I now also understand a little more about the kind o' guy you really are ... "pal"

All that said, I still don't understand where you get off slagging a servant like Smalling with likely little or no valid argument about his accomplishments which includes a couple of championship medals btw?

I get very frustrated with those of you lashing out at a heart & soul United player like Smalling who may not be a Rio or Vidic, but has consistently put in solid performances for United week after week for more than 6 years, rarely letting us down (unless injured) & playing well enough, often enough, to have been chosen to represent his country on more than one occasion!

That's "all he's been since he got here" my friend!

Furthermore he has earned the right to wear the armband as captain of my team, chosen I might add, by professionals who know a little more about the game than I suggest you or I do.

Again I apologize for my insensitivity and my disregard for the rules, for which incidentally, I do have much respect.

*Muppet Defn:
A person who defies explanation with regard to common sense and logic, exhibiting an air of confidence that is mutually exclusive to that of their accomplishments or ability
A person who is ignorant and generally has no idea about anything.
Urban Dictionary

Grunge

And those stupid Dab things with Pogba. I think at best he will be a go to reserve or a cup player once Mourinhos bought in some more top class players in, in the summer.
Sign of the times mate but I know what you mean :eek:. Bringing in more quality players will hopefully have a positive influence on the likes of Pogba (and others) making them work harder on their game, and a little less time on their hair-do's & goal celebrations.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
2 goals in 13 league appearances and Martial is the solution to our goal-scoring woes. Classic. Nothing builds a players reputation better than not actually playing. Mourinho should bench him for another month or so. He'll be the best player in the world by the business end of the season.
I said something very similar about L.Shaw last season.
Many were saying that he was the best LB in the league. The longer he was out injured, the greater his legend became. By the Summer he was the best LB in the World.
The same is now being said about Martial.

Bizarrely, some were/are claiming that he will win the Ball on Dor. Now, when you consider there will be millions of footballers who will play football over the next 10 years, the chances of any particular footballer winning the Ball on Dor, is almost zero. Only 1 player can win it, in any year.

No doubt, Martial is a very good player. He was our best attacker last season, but make no mistake, all our attackers were poor/average last season. This could've been down to LVG, but they were poor none the less.
To put into context how good Martial was last season: Ibra is currently on 15 league goals. Martial only scored 11 league goals during the whole season. This is the difference between a Galactico class player (who BTW has never won the Ball on Dor) and a young player, who has lots of potential, is very exciting, but currently isn't actually that good.

studs

I'm not too big to apologize "Slán", so I'm sorry if you took offense at my epithet. No need to act the hard man though. Consider me "down & out", a beaten man, and that you've taken full revenge for my strong & insulting language*. I now also understand a little more about the kind o' guy you really are ... "pal"

All that said, I still don't understand where you get off slagging a servant like Smalling with likely little or no valid argument about his accomplishments which includes a couple of championship medals btw?

I get very frustrated with those of you lashing out at a heart & soul United player like Smalling who may not be a Rio or Vidic, but has consistently put in solid performances for United week after week for more than 6 years, rarely letting us down (unless injured) & playing well enough, often enough, to have been chosen to represent his country on more than one occasion!

That's "all he's been since he got here" my friend!

Furthermore he has earned the right to wear the armband as captain of my team, chosen I might add, by professionals who know a little more about the game than I suggest you or I do.

Again I apologize for my insensitivity and my disregard for the rules, for which incidentally, I do have much respect.

*Muppet Defn:
A person who defies explanation with regard to common sense and logic, exhibiting an air of confidence that is mutually exclusive to that of their accomplishments or ability
A person who is ignorant and generally has no idea about anything.
Urban Dictionary
Ok i'll bite, i wasn't going to but here i am.

But you don't (criticise the post not the poster) try and differentiate between the two.

What you see in Smalling and what i see in Smalling are two different opinions, you see him as a good player i don't. Don't get so frustrated that you need to attack the poster. Go have a wank or something to release your frustration.

Why do you have to be so personal? you don't know me from Adam so stop pretending you do and don't be taking post and opinions on a message board to heart.

Slán is not my name.

Slán

Ps, why did you omit this from your Urban Dictionary?
Don't talk to me like ya know me, ya muppet

Sorry mods for dragging this out.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Back to giving truly professional (if not always thrill-a-minute) performances. Not difficult to spot the difference between Zlatan and Rashford. Ibra scored with almost an identical chance that Rash blazed over and how many more open goals is Mata going to miss? Overall, some great performances, including Rojo (why was he hauled off?), Mi9ki and Zlatan. Herrera did a bit of a Carrick, calm without being seen much. No
You do know Ibrahimovic is the player with the most missed big chances in the PL? by a landslide aswell

Also Ibra only seems to ever play well in games like this versus weak footballing teams but is a complete no show in the big games.

Jay Pascal

I could tell you! It wasn't all that much actually because it was Leicester in fact it was longer odds for them to retain it than go down: 33/1 vs 25/1

Imagine those Leicester relegation odds though, if they were accumulated with separate bets for not losing in all 6 of the CL group stage games > going through the Round of 16 head-to-head > ditto Quarter finals > ditto Semi-finals and then winning it :confused:

Doing it this way could achieve approximately 300x more than I was offered when I first asked, in June last year, for the straight odds for "this year's PL champions to be defending the 2018 CL title from the Championship" :D

Never gonna happen :lol:, but what's £2 between friends?
OMG thanks, Never gonna happen especially if I put the bet :lol: I am jinxed

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
You do know Ibrahimovic is the player with the most missed big chances in the PL? by a landslide aswell

Also Ibra only seems to ever play well in games like this versus weak footballing teams but is a complete no show in the big games.
hardly worth commenting

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 592 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd