PL W FA Premier League

Leicester City 0:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 05 February 2017

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I'm just saying his efforts at the business end this season don't justify all the crying over his absence. I'd quite like to see him back in our best XI. I hope he reclaims that status soon. Meanwhile, I'll be busy supporting the guys who do get picked.
I think a lot of it is Joses previous form with players.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
Thought we might have dropped some points today but delighted we won.
I wouldnt say it was a brilliant performance as we looked predictable and slow up until the first goal,which seemed to knock the stuffing out of Leicester.Hard to say if it was an improvement from the Hull game as I think Leicester just gave up once we scored and didnt close us down judging by some of their fans reaction during the game.

Mkhi was great today and scored a great goal.

freddie the red

I'm annoyed by how our players went full pedestrian mode after the 3rd, even when they've had chances to score (Mata, Mkhitaryan) they've done fecking shit. It's like they're topping the table with great GD and they don't have to give a shit anymore.

Game was over after 50 minutes, Leicester were shambolic in defence and we didn't take any advantage of it. It's the lack of proper mentality that Jose was talking about.

Oh, and Pogba and Herrera need a word with themselves, fecking dogshit again.
This

Roosney

Goals! Three of them! A quite good performance. Mkhi and Herrera were very both very good.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
Average performance against a very poor team, would have taken a 1-0 before game so reasonably happy. Should have carried on to increase GD but 3 points and 3 goals is still great, shouldn't be too greedy.
Good point; 'specially with all the moaners on here scared to death "Vardy" would have a "worldy" and how we'd struggle to get a draw & some who were frightened we'd get beat!
Finally, a great opportunity to leapfrog Liverpool and get out of 6th position next week only for them to beat Tottenham :rolleyes:
Yeah, I hope that doesn't happen. (Spuds lose) We obviously can't catch Chulski so hopefully they beat everyone 'cept us. Same could go for Tottenham: May they hammer all our rivals!

AXVnee7

Obviously tweet not to be taken seriously but there were some funny moments in hindsight... The quality really was poor in that first half!

Jaxdan

Great result. Bring on the next fixture.

Martial moaners are really annoying.
Exactly. We controlled them pretty much start to finish. They were hanging their heads in the 2nd half. The boys finally finished and comfortable win. As for Martial, nobody here knows what may be going on behind the scenes. Perhaps he's not doing as he should in training, dressing room, etc. If he's not coming on, there's a reason, and there sure was no reason up 3-0.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
We are still 6th and todays performance doesnt give me any confidence that will change soon.

If anything iam furious about the situation with Martial and him refusing to give Pogba and Zlatan any rest.
-Rubs bridge of nose frustratingly-

Your first point in bold - we play Watford next week at home. They're beatable and I think we can get past them. Liverpool play Spurs, one of them has to drop points, and given Liverpool's current form, I can't see them winning. Therefore if we win and Liverpool lose (both very feasible eventualities) we are not 6th anymore.

Your second point in bold - rest for what? We play again in 6 days, I think that's more than enough 'rest' for these professional athletes.

KN5

Good result good performance, please guys keep the negativity away and just roll with it

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
2 goals in 13 league appearances and Martial is the solution to our goal-scoring woes. Classic. Nothing builds a players reputation better than not actually playing. Mourinho should bench him for another month or so. He'll be the best player in the world by the business end of the season.
:lol: I'd forgotten how funny you were Pogue Man! This post says it all for me.

Well maybe not all ;) Even in the win against Wigan, when Jose played Martial up front, he was dreadful for most, if not the entire first half. Lacked control & gave the ball away needlessly at least half a dozen times when a good first touch, followed by a good decision could've had us cruising well before half time!

Look, we all have seen how good Martial can be & perhaps is, but let's face it, he Rashford as well as Lingard all continue to make as many rookie mistakes as they have exhibited instances of magic. These youngsters still need time to mature and with our long fixture list Martial will get plenty of chances as long as he understands what the gaffer wants & needs form him.

In Jose I trust. When it's right for Martial to play, he will play and not before.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good win, Micki was great. We should have scored more I thought, Leicester gave up, their players weren't trying and we wasted good chance again. That chance for Mata, what was he doing? So weird

The red panther

princess transfer emo
2 goals in 13 league appearances and Martial is the solution to our goal-scoring woes. Classic. Nothing builds a players reputation better than not actually playing. Mourinho should bench him for another month or so. He'll be the best player in the world by the business end of the season.
Classic looking at appearances instead of minutes played and not even looking at assists:

• Zlatan: goals = 15, assists = 3, minutes played = 2070, average time until goal or assist = 115
  • Rooney: goals = 2 , assists = 5 , minutes played = 931 , average time until goal or assist = 133
  • Martial: goals = 2 , assists = 3 , minutes played = 707 , average time until goal or assist = 141.4
  • Mata: goals = 5 , assists = 2 , minutes played = 1156 , average time until goal or assist = 165.14
  • Mkhitaryan: goals = 3 , assists = 1 , minutes played = 797 , average time until goal or assist = 199.25
  • Rashford: goals = 3 , assists = 1 , minutes played = 1044 , average time until goal or assist = 261
  • Pogba: goals = 4 , assists = 3 , minutes played = 2070 , average time until goal or assist = 295.71
  • Lingard: goals = 0 , assists = 2 , minutes played = 651 , average time until goal or assist = 325.5
  • Young: goals = 0 , assists = 0 , minutes played = 249 , average time until goal or assist = very long
Based on those stats Martial deserves to be playing much more often on the left wing atleast more than Rashford, Lingard and Young

Also it seems Rooney and Mata would be better as 10 than Pogba

What does Mourinho do, he plays Pogba on 10 and uses Rashford, Lingard and now Young for the left wing instead of Martial than goes complaining he can't win because Zlatan is the only player scoring goals...

Great coach...

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
It could have happened plenty of times already but we always bottled it. What is to say we won't bottle it next weekend aswell. And even if we make it, what is to say we will remain in it, we are after all still playing Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Tottenham.
Though we already played them :rolleyes:. Well then, we might as well just pack it in.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
I'm playing a drinking game. Every time that panther eejit says "we are 6th" I'm having a sip. Gonna be wankered by the end of the night. Anyone know where we are in the league table? Not sure it's been mentioned.
6th

enjoy your drinks

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Though we already played them :rolleyes:. Well then, we might as well just pack it in.
Based on Jose's results against the top teams there is not much hope at all for us.

If we are top 4 by May and that is a big If, the chance we will finish in top 4 is still very small unless we have a comfortable lead over the other teams. We are playing Arsenal, Spurs and City in that month.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Based on Jose's results against the top teams there is not much hope at all for us.

If we are top 4 by May and that is a big If, the chance we will finish in top 4 is still very small unless we have a comfortable lead over the other teams. We are playing Arsenal, Spurs and City in that month.
I don't think we will but why not take it game by game and enjoy tonight's win? You just seem very negative. And btw, we can still win the EL too as Sevilla won't this year.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'm not sure why people are bringing up Martial in a post match thread when the "team" has just won 3-0 away to Leicester. If the team struggled it would be somewhat understandable.

He will play when Jose thinks he's ready and will be beneficial for the team and club.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Good. A chance to gain three points on each of them. Arsenal just lost to Watford earlier this week and City needed an injury time goal to beat Swansea at home.

But.. but... 6th... Mourinho... blah.. blah...

Sultan

Enjoy here and now.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
I don't think we will but why not take it game by game and enjoy tonight's win? You just seem very negative. And btw, we can still win the EL too as Sevilla won't this year.
I wish I could but I just don't see any reasons for celebrations. If we had also won our last 2 games we would have been solid in the top 4 and the chance we would finish in the top 4 would have been almost realistic. But after dropping all those points it just feels like a fallacy for me and I refuse to live in false hope again.

For me it is still very much mission impossible.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Good. A chance to gain three points on each of them. Arsenal just lost to Watford earlier this week and City needed an injury time goal to beat Swansea at home.

But.. but... 6th... Mourinho... blah.. blah...
Seems you already had a bit too much to drink if you believe we can actually win all those games.

And injury time or not they got the goal and the points something which we can't do in tough games. Hell we are supposed to be overjoyed if we get an equaliser in injurry time.

Sultan

I wish I could but I just don't see any reasons for celebrations. If we had also won our last 2 games we would have been solid in the top 4 and the chance we would finish in the top 4 would have been almost realistic. But after dropping all those points it just feels like a fallacy for me and I refuse to live in false hope again.

You could argue Liverpool, City, Arsenal, and Spurs fans must also think "had we just won those few easy games".

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

Well I don't think many are celebrating. You seem almost depressed about the situation and football shouldn't be like that.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Seems you already had a bit too much to drink if you believe we can actually win all those games.

And injury time or not they got the goal and the points something which we can't do in tough games. Hell we are supposed to be overjoyed if we get an equaliser in injurry time.
I bet you're a fecking hoot at parties.

Sultan

If you can't enjoy 3-0 wins maybe United or football should not be your pastime.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Well I don't think many are celebrating. You seem almost depressed about the situation and football shouldn't be like that.
It is the same as last year, close to top 4 but we will likley miss out on it again. At the same time general consensus is we are improving and Mourinho should be given the keys to the city because he is the closest next to God. It is quite depressing yes.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
@Slevs Pointless player though right
In his role with us? Yes I really feel so.

He's not a winger. He's not fast, not a tricky dribbler, average crosser of the ball.

He's a good number 10 but we've got better players for that position, physically weak as well, so he doesn't play number 10.

So what do we do with him? I get it he's a good finisher but his build up play in his role for us is really terrible. Most of the time it's just:

1- Receive the ball
2- Dribble towards opposition goal
3- Pass back to Herrera/Pogba
4- Roam back into position

Rinse and repeat.

It's all good playing for a team on the counter, but for us in this current system he's pretty much useless. Donno that's how I feel.

Jaxdan

Exactly this. Amazes me some of the stuff I read in here, expecting 4-0, 5-0 cakewalk wins every time out and ready to jump off a bridge because we haven't won the League in a few short years. Imagine what fans of other clubs have to suffer through? Selling a 0-3 win at the defending champions house as 'not good enough' because they are having a down year boggles me. It's the PL, EVERY game is tough....ask Liverpool. :cool:

The red panther

princess transfer emo
If you can't enjoy 3-0 wins maybe United or football should not be your pastime.
I just don't get why people are so happy with the situation.

Ok we won. Performance was decent and opponent was weak, business done nothing more nothing less. No reason to get your hopes up unless we actually start going on a decent run and win all our PL games till may. If we had just won the game that would bring us in the top 4, I'd get it. If we had just beaten a top team, I'd get it. If we had destroyed Leicester with good football and won 6-0, I'd get it but for now this victory is just business s usual and nothing more.

For the rest him not subbing Martial has really ticked me off the wrong way. As much that any sort of postive feeling I was getting from the game has completley evaportated and turned to frustration again.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

Except when we do.

Unbeaten in our last 3 games against top four challengers. Won one, drew two. Within minutes of being W2 D1. And you're already writing us off in our next three. Unbeaten in the league against everyone since September. But all you can focus on is the negative. It's fecking tiresome discussing this with you. Must be absolutely brutal being you.

I mean, what's the point? Why do you even watch us play? You're so bloody determined to convince everyone else (and yourself) we'll never do anything under our current manager, why don't you take some time out? Give yourself a break. Come back to the team when you finally start to believe we're worth supporting again. Because right now you're getting nothing positive out of whatever time you devote Manchester United. Can't be good for your mental health.

Camilo

I thought we were ponderous again today. Leicester just weren't at the races. I don't think we were any better or worse than we have been. I keep hoping for some intensity... But at least we're winning. I think we'll get top 4, for all it matters, but we won't be doing anything special in the champions league next year if we do. This team needs a really top drawer, energetic performance to kick everything up a gear.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Except when we do.

Unbeaten in our last 3 games against top four challengers. Won one, drew two. Within minutes of being W2 D1. And you're already writing us off in our next three. Unbeaten in the league against everyone since September. But all you can focus on is the negative. It's fecking tiresome discussing this with you. Must be absolutely brutal being you.

I mean, what's the point? Why do you even watch us play? You're so bloody determined to convince everyone else (and yourself) we'll never do anything under our current manager, why don't you take some time out? Give yourself a break. Come back to the team when you finally start to believe we're worth supporting again. Because right now you're getting nothing positive out of whatever time you devote Manchester United. Can't be good for your mental health.
If you think I'll let my mental health be determined by something as silly as football than you are wrong.

For me United is always worth supporting no matter who is in charge. But please do not confuse supporting United with supporting Mourinho or supporting the decisions being made by the club management.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
If you think I'll let my mental health be determined by something as silly as football than you are wrong.

For me United is always worth supporting no matter who is in charge. But please do not confuse supporting United with supporting Mourinho or supporting the decisions being made by the club management.
Fair enough. To each his own. Being a football fan who won't make any effort to be optimistic about the future must be a shite state of affairs. Guess you landed on your feet supporting United. You'd be completely scoobied if you tried following a lesser club.

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 592 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Leicester 1:1 Man Utd