PL W FA Premier League

Leicester City 0:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 05 February 2017

The red panther

princess transfer emo
If my post makes your blood boil then you need to chill out dude.
Just please stop overblowing anything good United or Mourinho does. Todays result was decent nothing more.

We are still 6th and todays performance doesnt give me any confidence that will change soon.

If anything iam furious about the situation with Martial and him refusing to give Pogba and Zlatan any rest.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
After their next two they have the best remaining fixtures and no other competitions to worry about. We need a points buffer between us and them really.
Like Swansea at home and Hull away? Those sort of "best" fixtures?

dakingpin1999

Great win today and within touching distance of top 4 then again we've still got city, arsenal, spurs and Chelsea to play yet. Hopefully we can scrape it

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This may ruffle a few feathers !
I think Pogba needs dropping.
What does he actually contribute ??
We were 3 nil up against a set of jokers who have thrown the towel in and he still cant boss a game.

He's not good enough, hence why Real Madrid did not buy him, even when he publicly stated he wanted to go there.

After watching City v Swansea prior to Utd V Losers, I couldn't see Pogba getting in the City team. Maybe as a squad player but never as first name on the team sheet.

£90m ?? crazy
Awful stuff.

We've been failing to beat teams of "jokers" all season at home, so you have to applaud smashing anyone away in this era.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Just please stop overblowing anything good United or Mourinho does. Todays result was decent nothing more.

We are still 6th and todays performance doesnt give me any confidence that will change soon.

If anything iam furious about the situation with Martial and him refusing to give Pogba and Zlatan any rest.
It could change as early as next weekend.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
God this kinda bullshit makes my blood boil.

We won versus relegation fodder that hasnt scored a goal in 500 minutes. Not against the bloody champions.

Have some perspective we didnt win against Chelsea in stamford bridge with 3-0.
I think you'll find we did exactly that, we did just beat the champions 3-0 at their ground.

And if your "Blood is boiling" after a very good easy away win, maybe you want to re-asses yourself, as today was one of the good days!

Rista

Couldn't watch the game. Saw the result which put a grin on my face, came here to see the reactions and... it's mostly "meh". What? :lol:

AndyMUFC

Perfect time for United to finally take advantage of teams slipping up. Need to follow that up with a win against Watford now because Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs will all drop points oveer the next few weeks.

OLLY ORANGE

After a really poor 30 minutes the first two goals turned it into training session.
Agree with a few comments above baily gives us another dimension his distribution is far better than any other centre back.
Mikhi is the man this side has got to be built around he is just one of two players we have that can open things up.
Smalling looked better than he has done of late.
I thought the utd fans were top draw today. No away fans in the country were as vocal as them all weekend fair play sounded amazing.

Reactions: Sultan

Lord Zlatan

Not particularly impressed despite the comfortable win. They were there for the hammering and we took our foot of the pedal.

Cant understand how Martial and Shaw couldnt get half an hour. Perfect time for them to come on.

Zlatan dissapointed again. Defence were excellent although we were never under any real pressure. Rashford Mata just done ok. Miki done the damage. Pogba and Herrera done what they had to do.

Our game at the moment is easy to predict.
It's posts like this that make me wonder why I even tried to leave the newbies

Sereques

Thank God for win. Now with Arsenal and Pool to play each other, it's not or never.

Ban

We finally won and people are still not happy..

Fascinating.

We needed to hammer them, Martial.. Always something.

buckooo1978

Pleased with win and Mhiki superb again.....

Leicester truly awful and I'd say they are the worst side we've played this season

Really should have banged 5 in today.....we have a shout of top 4 but I think we will need to get some results at City, Arsenal, Spurs and at home to Chelsea

Ban

This may ruffle a few feathers !
I think Pogba needs dropping.
What does he actually contribute ??
We were 3 nil up against a set of jokers who have thrown the towel in and he still cant boss a game.

He's not good enough, hence why Real Madrid did not buy him, even when he publicly stated he wanted to go there.

After watching City v Swansea prior to Utd V Losers, I couldn't see Pogba getting in the City team. Maybe as a squad player but never as first name on the team sheet.

£90m ?? crazy
Keep wumming.

leontas

Good win after a rocky start. Not sure what Jose was thinking with that 4-4-2 formation.

Pogba is only useful in a 3-man midfield and we desperately need to find a replacement for Carrick in the summer because our transition from defence to attack was woeful at times.

Good performance from Micky, some poor finishing on display from Mata and Rashford wasted on the wings again.

Overall a mixed bag - we need to inject pace and urgency into our attack. I don't understand why we took our foot off the gas after the 3rd goal..

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We finally won and people are still not happy..

Fascinating.

We needed to hammer them, Martial.. Always something.
Indeed. I for one am disappointed we didn't win 10-0 and Didn't give De Gea an opportunity to save a penalty.

bugmat

Felt like the 90s again. Routine win. Graet to have gotten one doen and dusted. Mkhi was great. Hope we only improve from here on.

Eddy_JukeZ

Just finished watching the game. Great win! No complaints. Let's kick on from here.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Nice, easy win. Leicester have really been a great team for actually enjoying watching United play this season (combined score over the two games of 7-1). Now we need to keep going and keep Mkihi playing well.

If and when Martial is back, this team might get somewhere. Although we currently rely on Carrick (and he's not been great in the past few games), I'm somewhat happy he's not playing. We need to get used to life without him, so this win is even better considering this.

I reckon we need to be 5-6 points ahead of 5th come April if we are to be confident of getting top 4 given our fixture list. We might still be fine with less but it'll be tricky.

Nanotron

It's posts like this that make me wonder why I even tried to leave the newbies
Dont be so precious, most of us are adults here and expect to see form of one extreme to the next, if you cant handle it jog on, just dont go telling anyone, no one cares.

Plus you had to actually try to leave the newbies??? :lol:

It may seem ott and complete madness right now but look at it in context. We were playing one of the weakest and bang out of form teams in the league. Why not try and demolish them when we had the oppportunity and make up for all those draws we had in some some way. Anyone happy with the last thirty minutes should reflect on why were not in the Champions League this year FFS.

My other major grumble was not throwing Martial and Shaw on in a game were there is no pressure that was completely in control. This is probably our best two players to make that left side as threatining going forward as the right.

Fact is we created feck all before mikis goal and not much after. Nothing meaningful anyway. We were laboured and pedestrian at times. Zlatan needs to stop dropping deep looking for the ball.

Dont let a three nil result against that lot fool you. Obviously im happy with the three points but anyone not seeing room for improvement is blind. Gaps closed so hopefully we push on from here and pick up some form.

hp88

Some pessimistic supporters on here before the game, hope they now realise it's not all doom and gloom and believe it a bit more in Jose and the squad.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Dont be so precious, most of us are adults here and expect to see form of one extreme to the next, if you cant handle it jog on, just dont go telling anyone, no one cares.

Plus you had to actually try to leave the newbies??? :lol:

It may seem ott and complete madness right now but look at it in context. We were playing one of the weakest and bang out of form teams in the league. Why not try and demolish them when we had the oppportunity and make up for all those draws we had in some some way. Anyone happy with the last thirty minutes should reflect on why were not in the Champions League this year FFS.

My other major grumble was not throwing Martial and Shaw on in a game were there is no pressure that was completely in control. This is probably our best two players to make that left side as threatining going forward as the right.

Fact is we created feck all before mikis goal and not much after. Nothing meaningful anyway. We were laboured and pedestrian at times. Zlatan needs to stop dropping deep looking for the ball.

Dont let a three nil result against that lot fool you. Obviously im happy with the three points but anyone not seeing room for improvement is blind. Gaps closed so hopefully we push on from here and pick up some form.
You'd be taken more seriously if you didn't talk about a game as though you didn't watch it.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Well, when you look at this weekend, it turned out to be really really good one, Arsenal and Liverpool lost, we won, (not our best game, but I'll take it) would have been better if City and Spurs screwed up as well, but hey, can't have everything. And to top that I got my fifth like, so I can embed images and media in my posts, only have to learn how to do that.
Now I can Laugh at Liverpool and Arsenal, and watch blud, fam, with smile on my face,
Great weekend.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
A piece of individual brilliance broke the ice - as a team we were poor until then.
It was all a bit frantic for the first 30 minutes but understandable given a) It was Leicester; they were always going to start out defensively and harass as best they can & b) more importantly, Jose deciding to match Leicester "like for like" in a 4-4-2 with Rashford & Ibra up front together to take on Huth & Morgan. A changed system that had no LWrole & therefore no room for Martial btw. One that didn't work very well but given the choice of flexible players, he was able to switch back to what ultimately worked like a charm.

Comfortable win in the end though but we missed an opportunity to really improve our GD.
But allowed my 0 -3 prediction stand! :drool:

Mhkitaryan was brilliant. If only he hadn't been frozen out for so long... we might be in a better position.
Yeah, and if my aunt had balls ... she'd be my uncle! :eek:

Nanotron

You'd be taken more seriously if you didn't talk about a game as though you didn't watch it.
Dont get me wrong, im not saying we didnt create anything but by and large the oppportunity was there to do some real damage and we didnt take advantage of it.

Chances of note, im thinking the third goal (which was class), rashfords shot and matas chance. I cant think of many more chances.

Edit, another one, I think it was a shot from Miki that schmichel made a great save from.

Last edited:

CG1010

Just finished seeing the match now and came here to express delight. But my! We should rename this site as MartialCafe. Some people aren't even bothered with what's happening in the matches except with how much playing time does Martial get. It is honestly bevoming cringeworthy now.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
It could change as early as next weekend.
It could have happened plenty of times already but we always bottled it. What is to say we won't bottle it next weekend aswell. And even if we make it, what is to say we will remain in it, we are after all still playing Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Tottenham.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Just finished seeing the match now and came here to express delight. But my! We should rename this site as MartialCafe. Some people aren't even bothered with what's happening in the matches except with how much playing time does Martial get. It is honestly bevoming cringeworthy now.
What is cringeworthy about wanting to see your best and most talented player playing ?

Pogue Mahone

Dont get me wrong, im not saying we didnt create anything but by and large the oppportunity was there to do some real damage and we didnt take advantage of it.

Chances of note, im thinking the third goal (which was class), rashfords shot and matas finish I cant think of many more chances.
In the second half? Mata missed a sitter when he was clean through and popped it into Schmeicel's hands and Mkhi spooned a great chance over the bar from Valencia's cut-back. Plus the Schmeicel save you mentioned in your edit (from Rashford, no?)

FWIW I would have liked us to be more ruthless too. There were 4 or 5 goals there for the taking.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

What is cringeworthy about wanting to see your best and most talented player playing ?
Because football fans support a team, not individual players. It's also cringeworthy to think your opinion about "best and most talented" is better than anyone else's. There's a few players who could claim that accolade. Three of them played tonight (and scored). If you couldn't enoy that - because you were being busy getting all butt-hurt about your most favouritest ever player sitting the game out - then maybe team sports aren't for you? I hear tennis is very popular these days and your guy will play in every match, come what may.

Nanotron

In the second half? Mata missed a sitter when he was clean through and popped it into Schmeicel's hands and Mkhi spooned a great chance over the bar from Valencia's cut-back.

FWIW I would have liked us to be more ruthless too. There were 4 or 5 goals there for the taking.
Just edited my post with the schmichel save and the one your on about that slipped my mind completely. Clerical error on Mata, I meant matas chance not finish.

Its that feeling of ruthlessness. Sort of hit the nail on the head with my frustrations. Even when were 3-0 up theres a feeling we should and could have been more ruthless. And thats a feeling thats been plauging us all year.

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 592 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Leicester 1:1 Man Utd