PL W FA Premier League

Leicester City 0:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 05 February 2017

Smores

This place is supposed to be tiring after a loss not a 3-0 win ffs. 3-0 and some of you are moaning, incredible

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We played well enough, nothing out of the ordinary though, in fact we have played far better on numerous occasions this season and ended the game with only a point to show for it. We created enough chances to win the game at a canter, fortunately we managed to convert them in to goals which makes a nice change. We need to kick on from this and begin to improve that conversion rate even further.

Leicester were awful though - toothless in attack and utterly disorganized at the back - Ranieri is close to the sack.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
How does that excuse wasting chances?
It doesn't! It's the chasing goals you were alluding to.
If it comes to wasting chances this is hardly the game to moan about, unless you are generally negative about everything

King.of.Red

I'm satisfied with the results and our performance, well not our best but I prefer 3 points to beautiful football. I like Smalling performance, no one can beat him in the air, so strong. and Rojo as LB is shitty, please Jose dont change his position as CB.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Some of our fans really are impossible to please whiners.

We just absolutely dominated last year's "champions" at their own ground, absolutely coasted to a 3-0!
Yeh. There's never an easy away game in this league.

drdoityourself

Loved this performance. Never really threatened by Leicester and Zlatan, Valencia and Micky superb. Bailly gives the team an extra presence.

The first goal was so important, I sensed this was set up as Leicester's way to turn around their season. The ground was buzzing and there was energy about them. But Mkhitaryan scored that wonderful goal and the game was comfortable after that.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Leicester are shocking. Sevilla will rip them apart.

Why don't they start Gray? He always looks like there best player

Achilles McCool

Last 14 league games:
7 wins
7 draws

If we could've converted 2 shots into game winners in 2 of those draws, we would be sitting in 4th, 1 pt. off 2nd and tied with City on points. I'm gonna stay optimistic! Jose will keep this going!

Dobbs

That was like punching a broken man.

Decent away performance.

Coops73

First 30 minutes were shite, really frustrating to watch but once Maureen changed it and brought Mkhitaryan inside it totally changed the game. Ross was my MOTM, he was the nuts but Bailley was brilliant and Pogba not far behind.

RedNed77

Can we play them every week?

I enjoyed Leicester's title win and I would enjoy seeing them go down.
This. I still blame them for that horrible 5-3 which changed LvG's mindset and brought about Di Maria's departure and the subsequent 2 years of tumescent football.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Post match interviews seem to have become more and more twattish from whoever it is speaking to players.

This guy talking to Kasper right now is a right bellend.

Ridiculous that people are more interested in criticizing Mourinho for Martial not getting subbed on and Pogba who didn't do much wrong than being happy we had a comfortable win away against the champions. I swear some people think that if Martial doesn't get minutes every week his attributes won't develop or something. People blame players for a lack of motivation but when they don't get support despite winning what do you expect? I thought it was a good win today to cut the run of lacklustre results and we are right back into the top 4 race. Would have been ideal if City had dropped points today but what can you do. Mkhitaryan was great today, noone on the team was really poor although Mata could have finished some more chances. All in all we can talk about what could have been if we had won earlier games but I'd much rather be in our position, only 2 points off of top 4 despite having to deal with being in 4 competitions, instead of Liverpool's, who are in freefall despite pretty much only having to play league games, or Arsenal who are about to be knocked out of the Champions League and are playing in a toxic atmosphere. Onto revenge at Watford

tony54

Oh, away fans were excellent as usual.
It was fantastic to see a solid game from the team. I really do think Bailey makes a big difference to the team, because he is so awsomely laid back and good, stemming from his great intelligence and athletism

Reddevildans

Only catched the last 20mins but really don't like us taking the foot off the pedal and ambling towards the finish lacking urgency. I want us to capitalise on a team lacking confidence and being ruthless to instill more confidence in our attackers. We simply need to score more. Otherwise it's a good result in what could have been a tricky fixture. Now let's continue that sort of finishing against watford.

Lord Zlatan

Good result, took our chances for a change and therefore happy with that. Cant be bothered reading moaning comments about Martial etc.

Most pressing issue now is finally breaking into that top 4 and laughing at the pool fans who have been ripping us about being sixth.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Post match interviews seem to have become more and more twattish from whoever it is speaking to players.

Provoking headlines. What do you expect from a Murdoch company?

togg

Will do us the world of good and really puts us in the mix now for 4th. Nah...not holding my breath....but it's nice to feel we have a chance. Apart from the first half hour or so, I thought we coasted it. Disappointed we didn't push on after the third, but then again compared to the disappointments in how we have played over the last three or four matches it doesn't compare.....

As for Martialgate...well, I trust the manager...did today and will tomorrow. We are in a cup final...still in the FA Cup and in the mix for fourth place...not too bad considering the last three seasons.....

AndyJ1985

It's good, it makes them worth listening to. What's the point of boring cliche interviews?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It seems to have become worse this season though.
Struggling for viewers, trying to drum up some interest?

I just watched a crystal clear HD stream at 60fps and wondered why anyone bothers putting money in their pocket.

SalfordRed1960

Many players grew into the game. I think we have found Miki's best position (in the middle, not the wing). Need to have a word with Ibra, Herrera and Pogba they start the games far too slow and casually. Don't like Smalling in LCB, but he didn't really do anything wrong.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Think this was a perfect example of our players listening to our manager and using it as a positive force and Leicester's doing the opposite. Also we won 3-0 stop finding fault with every little thing it is wearisome.

wolvored

I'm annoyed by how our players went full pedestrian mode after the 3rd, even when they've had chances to score (Mata, Mkhitaryan) they've done fecking shit. It's like they're topping the table with great GD and they don't have to give a shit anymore.

Game was over after 50 minutes, Leicester were shambolic in defence and we didn't take any advantage of it. It's the lack of proper mentality that Jose was talking about.

Oh, and Pogba and Herrera need a word with themselves, fecking dogshit again.
Yes I felt the same 4 5 6 may have been scored and the fact the top 4 might go to goal difference in the end could be our downfall.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Also have some of you actually thought that we slowed it down at the start because we actually presumed that Leicester would come at us and make some effort. We eventually realised that they couldn't care less for their fans or their managers job and did them.

Flytan

Honestly I don't get why people are so concerned about Martial not starting. There's been numerous instances that show his head isn't all towards the team.

I'm more surprised Bastian still can't make the bench after his last performance but we played well enough today and of course we started to play more passively after going up 3-0.

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 592 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Leicester 1:1 Man Utd