PL W FA Premier League

Leicester City 0:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 05 February 2017

kps88

Job done, though it can't be stressed enough how poor Leicester looked. Our two easiest games of the season have been against them. I'd put money on them going down.

Kag

Three points is three points, but we still look piss poor. One moment of brilliance from Mkhitaryan knocked the stuffing out of an already dejected Leicester side and the game was over.

But, again, we were slow, lacking in dynamism and not all that threatening. We're going to drop a lot more points over the coming month or so unless the manager does something to change that.

siw2007

Very poor start. Fortunate that Leicester were equally rubbish. Miki breathed life into our game and were pretty ruthless at killing the game thereafter. It was a professional display and did well to see out game.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Lovely stuff. Pretty pedestrian in spells but you cannot argue with a 3-0 win.

Again I'm not going to get angry at Jose about it but I think Martial is drinking in the last chance saloon here under the current manager. Needs to get his head straight and/or tell his agent to shut the feck up.

DevilRed

Silly of people to write of Martial. He is only young and being taught that nothing is taken for granted. If Jose can do the same to a much more decorated and proven player like Mkhitaryan, then Martial is fair game. We dont know whats going on behind the scenes but what we do know is his agent tried to put some false rumours out there. Coupled with the fact that Anthony has had alot of trouble off the pitch at such a young age already.

Mourinho has his best interests at heart. I still believe Martial will earn his way back into the team and be the better for it. We have so many matches coming up.

Solid performance by the players today. Started slow as usual, but Mkhitaryan created the first goal all by himself and it unlocked the floodgates.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Likely would have been 6 or 7 nil if Martial had started. Other than that it was an ok performance.

Mister_Stubbs

Good win, it was comfortable in truth. Shame not to see us really take the game to Leicester in the second half to really improve our goal difference but 3 unanswered goals is good enough. Disappointing not to see Martial, thought Rashford was poor and bringing on Fellaini was confusing and Young even more so but hay ho what are you going to do? Glad for a change we didn't waste the chance to close the gap on those above us.

SqueakyWeasel

Not being funny but all that post season crap about whether Rat-Face-cnut would stay at Leicester and surprise-surprise it was Kante that was the biggest piece of the jigsaw!

I might be wrong but didn't their European scouting team move (to Spurs I think)?

Anyway, they'll still walk the CL and get relegated and I'll be £700k better off :lol:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Hmmm... Agree with that, even though it's all very negative. It was as though we were feeling sorry for Leicester. GD could end up important too. It's going to be a tight finish. And yeah, our CMs weren't great at all.
Yeah I know it sounds negative but it is what it is for me. Until that first goal (and the second one 80 seconds later) we were shite, even when we've switched back to 4231. Then we've killed off the game and complacency kicked in, same shit that we've complained back in Fergie days, and one that can cost us like it did against, i.a., Arsenal.

If we're looking for positives though, it would probably be our defence. I think that Bailly is simply indispensable.

Oscie

Solid performance. Just what we needed. Leicester never troubled us for a single second.

NoLookPasser

We are back in the top 4 race. We must always play 4-2-3-1 with Mkhitaryan as no.10 against teams outside of top 6.

Bailly is our best CB and should always start in the PL.

As for Martial, it looks like he is being Mkhi'd and it wouldn't be surprising if doesn't start again in the next few matches.

Ixion

Arghh if only we'd beaten Hull. We play before Liverpool next week so for a couple of hours we could move up from 6th.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Easy win. Mkhitaryan brilliant, ibra and Valencia had excellent games as well. No idea how to judge mata, some excellent bits and some shit bits of play. Helped overall though. Herrera sloppier then usual, pogba a bit subdued but decent, rashford meh, defence very good. Game was over with over 30 minutes to go, just wish we would step on it and really hammer teams sometimes. It makes a difference confidence wise if you start hammering the goals in instead of stopping at 2 or 3 like we always do.

Godfather

Good performance from the lads. Really got going after the goal. Special mention to Mkhi, Ibra, Bailly, Val and to some extent Pogba who have been really good today imo.

Man-United

Mkhi, Bailly, Zlatan the best players in that order.

Herrera should have been rested after we went 3-0 up. Don't understand why Jose not give Zlatan and Herrera a rest here.

FireballXL5

We should have put 5 or 6 past them, but I'm not complaining. One point behind the dippers!

stu_1992

Really good result, nice to see that gap to the top 4 closing. Great game by Mkhitaryan. Love when he's on this sort of form. Nice to see a spread of goalscorers as well, not just Zlatan.

SuperiorXI

Every so often I shudder at the points dropped at home. This season is a real case of what might have been.
If Mourinho can make the right signing or two next season we will see those pointless draws turn in to wins no doubt. If that was the case this season we'd be challenging Chelsea.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Wish people would stop getting so obsessed with Martial...It's evident he's not pulling his weight, although I hope he comes back into the side, there's players ahead of him at the moment and rightly so! We won 3-0 and very comfortably, Martial shouldn't even be getting a mention.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
the first 40 mins(especially the first 20) was one of the worse games of football ive seen in a long time, then we managed to get it togther with Mkhitaryan's goal from nothing, and Leicester just fell apart.

wasn't vintage stuff in anyway, but we needed to win and where only 2 points off top four now.

Leicester are in real trouble

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I don't know why people are so up in arms about Martial. Mourinho is doing what he being paid to do - managing. Man management in this case.

He's proving to Martial that he's not getting a free-ride. Want to play for United? Work for it, bitch. Then reap the rewards of your hard work at a later date.

Don't want to push yourself? The door's that way.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Someone check Bailly's pocket to see if Vardy is still there and count all the Leicester players to see if Mahrez is among them

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Crucial. Could be a turning point. First time in what feels like forever that the teams above us have slipped up and we have taken advantage.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not understanding the Pogba hate at all, he did what so many were calling for, taking it easy playing simple football and it was really effective in the second half, controlled the tempo very well and the few long passes he attempted all worked. People just have it out for him IMO.

Devil may care

Solid performance but man do Leicester look a shell of a team. Mkhi made the difference, and I thought Pogba did well to try and take up the slack of having no Carrick both on the and defensively, depsite it not being his strong suit.

M4YON

Great win and fantatsic that we've closed in on the top 4 whilst others dropped points.

Martial situation is disgraceful from Mourinho and Shaw too both young, incredibly talented with bright futures and we will lose them to rivals and it will come back to bite us, simple as that.

If i was journalist i would be asking if Martial's performance against Wigan only warranted him a place on the bench what the feck has Rashford done against Hull to start today? And more importantly what has young done better than Martial?

Despise Mourinho! absolutely bellend hasn't learnt from De Bruyne, Lukaku or Mata...

Godfather

I'm annoyed by how our players went full pedestrian mode after the 3rd, even when they've had chances to score (Mata, Mkhitaryan) they've done fecking shit. It's like they're topping the table with great GD and they don't have to give a shit anymore.

Game was over after 50 minutes, Leicester were shambolic in defence and we didn't take any advantage of it. It's the lack of proper mentality that Jose was talking about.

Oh, and Pogba and Herrera need a word with themselves, fecking dogshit again.
Chill you moaning weapon. We are still in 4 competitions so gear down a bit is just natural.

Nanotron

Not particularly impressed despite the comfortable win. They were there for the hammering and we took our foot of the pedal.

Cant understand how Martial and Shaw couldnt get half an hour. Perfect time for them to come on.

Zlatan dissapointed again. Defence were excellent although we were never under any real pressure. Rashford Mata just done ok. Miki done the damage. Pogba and Herrera done what they had to do.

Our game at the moment is easy to predict.

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 592 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Leicester 1:1 Man Utd