PL W FA Premier League

Leicester City 0:3 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 05 February 2017

Marcelinho87

No Martial sniff sniff waah waah /s

Solid performance, Mkhi at #10 is a revelation he has to play there EVERY week.

I also prefer this formation to the 4-3-3

Strats

Nice to see such a comfortable win. Hopefully we can string a few wins together and build up confidence for our remaining games against the teams challenging for top 4.

However, you can't deny feeling very annoyed how Mourinho handled his substitutions once again. Not only in terms of leaving Martial on the bench for the entire game and putting in the likes of Fellaini and Young on the pitch instead; this was also a perfect opportunity to take Pogba and Ibrahimovic early since they have been playing far more than they should have this season and Pogba had a booking.

It doesn't make any sense at all to keep a booked and knackered Pogba on the pitch where his fatigue could have easily made him pick up another booking and caused a suspension. Thought this was almost as infuriating as completely leaving Martial out.

Well, enough with the moaning, we performed very well and this was very good for the confidence.

Reactions: Sultan

wolvored

Loved this performance. Never really threatened by Leicester and Zlatan, Valencia and Micky superb. Bailly gives the team an extra presence.

The first goal was so important, I sensed this was set up as Leicester's way to turn around their season. The ground was buzzing and there was energy about them. But Mkhitaryan scored that wonderful goal and the game was comfortable after that.
Yes I think this as well. We havent had him for a while so lets hope hes the catalyst to push on now.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Finally, converted some chances!

I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, again, but damn, that top 4 looks so close.

Hope kills!

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Very happy with the performance and with the goals scored.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Again the easy part went well, the hard part, creating chances and scoring the first goal out of possession rather than counter attacks, was worrying.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This post match analysis is surprisingly decent.

I hate that I quite like Carragher.

wolvored

Nice to see such a comfortable win. Hopefully we can string a few wins together and build up confidence for our remaining games against the teams challenging for top 4.

However, you can't deny feeling very annoyed how Mourinho handled his substitutions once again. Not only in terms of leaving Martial on the bench for the entire game and putting in the likes of Fellaini and Young on the pitch instead; this was also a perfect opportunity to take Pogba and Ibrahimovic early since they have been playing far more than they should have this season and Pogba had a booking.

It doesn't make any sense at all to keep a booked and knackered Pogba on the pitch where his fatigue could have easily made him pick up another booking and caused a suspension. Thought this was almost as infuriating as completely leaving Martial out.

Well, enough with the moaning, we performed very well and this was very good for the confidence.
I dont think he trusts any other CM to be honest. Carrick seems to of done something to upset him lately as well. Fellaini is used either upfront if were losing/drawing, or at the back if winning, not a proper CM position.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This post match analysis is surprisingly decent.

I hate that I quite like Carragher.
Take out the playing days bias, and it's a different world.

I remember Carragher being furious at how crap we were when we lost to Everton once! Furious with how poor the Moyes team were! That was surreal.

Mihai

A win next week is vital. I can't see Liverpool getting more than a point against Tottenham.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

With Herrera and Pogba on bookings, i'd have also thought one would be subbed.
But he doesn't like to take his big players off, whatever the score.

Today doesn't matter as much, as we have the best part of a week until the next game.

But if it's similar with a midweek game ahead, it'd be a slight worry not resting people.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A win next week is vital. I can't see Liverpool getting more than a point against Tottenham.
Yep, I think a lot of us are confident of seeing Liverpool off now.

It's who we're going to get ahead of from the rest.
But a couple more wins back to back is all it might take.

RedElf

Good away win, shame we took the foot off the gas after the third. Leicester, wow from champs to chumps; they really look poor in defense without Kante.

Dobbs

Decent? Struggling to recall much more of a coast away from home this season?
Leicester are so poor though. That's not being said to take anything away from us. How high can you rate a performance when the opposition looks completely lost. Hence me calling it decent.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good performance. When Mkhi is in the mood he's a joy to watch and it's great seeing Bailly back.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Good result. Understand the frustration about Martial - he's a big talent - but the end justifies the means today.

Ixion

After their next two they have the best remaining fixtures and no other competitions to worry about. We need a points buffer between us and them really.

Trizy

To be fair I was very confident in us winning. The simple fact is we struggle against teams who are happy to sit back in and camp out in their own box. Leicester were always gonna try attack us and even if they did set up shop, thankfully, they can't defend for shit.

The_Order

Here's the thing, Liverpool tend to play better against top opposition, because they come out to play, but lower table cagey defensive sides tend to be tricky for them.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Christ this place. We've just beat the champions 3-0 at their place. Cheer up you miserable feckers!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Leicester are so poor though. That's not being said to take anything away from us. How high can you rate a performance when the opposition looks completely lost. Hence me calling it decent.
Ask City about playing Leicester. We did what we had to with little effort. Leicester players should all be fired for that performance.

red_john

Good solid performance. Good to see Bailly back. I just hope Jose is doing what he did with Mkhi to Martial...

daveoliver91

Baily has been immense today, I'm really happy 2 have him back.
Can't remember when was the last time we were leading 2 nil up at half time.
Comfy win and getting back the confidence we were lacking.

I hope next game against Watford at home we'll get the 3 points.

Mihai

Not particularly impressed despite the comfortable win. They were there for the hammering and we took our foot of the pedal.

Cant understand how Martial and Shaw couldnt get half an hour. Perfect time for them to come on.

Zlatan dissapointed again. Defence were excellent although we were never under any real pressure. Rashford Mata just done ok. Miki done the damage. Pogba and Herrera done what they had to do.

Our game at the moment is easy to predict.
I wish Zlatan would disappoint and score every week and be involved in goals. I wish every other player were doing "ok" every week and is winning and keeping clean sheets.

Mihai

It's who we're going to get ahead of from the rest.
But a couple more wins back to back is all it might take.
Robbie' team, that way we can enjoy top four and the meltdown of the clowns on arsenal tv.

On a serious note, if we start converting chances, than we will battle City for 3rd.

studs

A good win again'st sh*t champions, now to see chinny chin chin go down will make me very happy.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Christ this place. We've just beat the champions 3-0 at their place. Cheer up you miserable feckers!
God this kinda bullshit makes my blood boil.

We won versus relegation fodder that hasnt scored a goal in 500 minutes. Not against the bloody champions.

Have some perspective we didnt win against Chelsea in stamford bridge with 3-0.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

We won versus relegation fodder that hasnt scored a goal in 500 minutes. Not against the bloody champions.

If my post makes your blood boil then you need to chill out dude.

The Wanderer

This may ruffle a few feathers !
I think Pogba needs dropping.
What does he actually contribute ??
We were 3 nil up against a set of jokers who have thrown the towel in and he still cant boss a game.

He's not good enough, hence why Real Madrid did not buy him, even when he publicly stated he wanted to go there.

After watching City v Swansea prior to Utd V Losers, I couldn't see Pogba getting in the City team. Maybe as a squad player but never as first name on the team sheet.

£90m ?? crazy

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I feckin love Bailly. Not only looks like a beast at the back but also very good on the ball, calm as you like. Smalling looks better with him too.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
This may ruffle a few feathers !
I think Pogba needs dropping.
What does he actually contribute ??
We were 3 nil up against a set of jokers who have thrown the towel in and he still cant boss a game.

He's not good enough, hence why Real Madrid did not buy him, even when he publicly stated he wanted to go there.

After watching City v Swansea prior to Utd V Losers, I couldn't see Pogba getting in the City team. Maybe as a squad player but never as first name on the team sheet.

£90m ?? crazy
I kind of agree Mourinho isnt getting out half as much as we should be expecting from Pogba.

If you take into account his privetag it is a joke the way he has been playing.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

This season there are no really easy games.

studs

I feckin love Bailly. Not only looks like a beast at the back but also very good on the ball, calm as you like. Smalling looks better with him too.
Smalling should'nt be in the team and it just shows how crap he is if he needs another player to make him look good.

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 592 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 18% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Leicester 1:1 Man Utd