PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:0 Leicester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 26 August 2017

Reynoldo

Almost started to feel like it was going to be a draw again when Lukaku missed the penalty.

Good performance overall.
We are all so scarred from the last few seasons :lol: It's like a forum for abuse victims here at times

Slevs

likes to play with penises
That was extremely important to win especially after the missed penalty. It looked like the players would revert back to last season's "feeling sorry for themselves" and self pity mode but they showed good resilience to go on and win it afterwards.

dannofdawn

Excellent performance from the back to midfield. I would say the worst performer today was Lukaku, missed two chances, poor penalty kick, but he did started the match well I'd say. Martial was weird today, too often dropping too deep and central, seemingly only been there to lay off the ball to Blind for the overlap. While overlapping is general good to see, I don't think he made enough runs and cut-in attempts today. Not sure that was his idea or not however. Mhki, looked poor in the second half, especially near his substitution, and yet still managed another assist, can't complain too much about that. Everyone else done well.

Alexrad

Supports
Red Star Belgrade
We are RB and RW away from being very serious team. LB as well, depending on how Shaw looks after he returns but it looks like everyone is happy with his effort in training at the moment.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
When Lukaku missed penalty, I felt it will be one of those days. Glad that team kept going. Great to have options like Martial and Rashford where one can come off bench and run at a tired defense. Lingard did well too in his cameo, as did Fellaini.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Can we just put martial and Rashford on the bench for an hour every game
this is a good idea. Saying this, Rash is not bad on the right. Think some games they can start together depending on circumstances. Anyway nothing to worry about. Both great options for us.

Kapardin

Mourinho still getting it spot on with his substitutions. No other manager makes game changing decisions mid-game as well as he does. Whatever happens this season, he's proven he's got his mojo.

Rashford, Fellaini and Lingard were very good today. Lukaku can have his off-game, happens to all strikers.

Getting that first goal is still an issue. Shame, Perisic or similar signing is what we needed to complete the puzzle.

032Devil

Win is a win but I was dispointed with the lack of the killer instinct especially in the first half.

Can7onA

Not the best but like someone said, this would have been a 0-0 last season.

Lukaku could have had a boat load today :/

stu_1992

Really good performance, good result. No complaints from me. Shane about the penalty miss (especially for my fantasy team) but damn we are looking good this season so far.

Reynoldo

Mourinho still getting it spot on with his substitutions. No other manager makes game changing decisions mid-game as well as he does. Whatever happens this season, he's proven he's got his mojo.

Rashford, Fellaini and Lingard were very good today. Lukaku can have his off-game, happens to all strikers.

Getting that first goal is still an issue. Shame, Perisic or similar signing is what we needed to complete the puzzle.
Could be further food for thought though for Jose to push a move through for someone still.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Scoreline flattered Lychester. We weren't as hungry this time around but you can't help but love the look of the table :drool:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I may sound like a broken record, but this would've been a 0-0/ 1-1 last season.
It definitely would have been. The difference is that we have different goal scorers so we're not stuck depending on one person. it's a collective team effort so far. Long may it continue

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I thought we showed a lot of character and grit tonight, never gave them a break, competed for everything, were dominant in the fifty fifty clashes. This is almost a more important measure than the previous two. Shows that this team finds a way, and are getting into the habit of winning.

TimScoreboard

Supports
Palermo
I just said on the match thread that this was the type of game we failed to put away last season, so a good 3 points.
Dominant throughout, but we have to be better with our final ball... and Lukaku... you cost me having a hat-trick up in the first game and 1st scorer today; we'll be having words big fella.

ash_86

Good performance, Amazing sub. Little Annoyed Lukaku didn't score

AkaAkuma&

I have said this before, but United needs another serial goal scorer. Against a tight defense unit like Leicester Lukaku was bound to struggle, Martial and Rashford are both erratic, Mkhi and Mata will contribute at best 10 goals each. Pogba another 10 goals. Subs cannot always save United like they did today, until and unless that sub is Solskjaer. United should have got Griezmann, they can still do.

Wal2Fra

Rashford doing a Martial, De Gea always alert and an all round dominat performance. Similar to the Swansea game where it was tough to break down for a while but enough firepower to get the results.

Still early days in the season and the international break is upon us but we are looking like a team that will be hard to pick up a point against never mind 3.

Camilo

Worked hard and dominated, but with better versions on Mata and Mkhi on the pitch today we utterly blitz them. They were compact but there for the taking, and I don't think we have the players to do the taking just yet! Our full backs are more interested in nullifying the opposition and I get that, but it means our wide attackers are up against 2 defenders all the time, and they're not special enough players to make things happen.

You can see the promise here - compared to the best in the world I think our goalkeeper, central defence, midfield 2 and striker could slot into Real Madrid and at least keep the quality about the same - but we don't quite have the quality elsewhere.

If we can build momentum we have a chance though - fingers crossed. Very happy with organisation and effort.

Joseunited

It's a great feeling when you hit the 70 minute mark but you just feel a goal is around the corner.Now that's Manchester United.

LoneStar

1) Dominated the whole game. The only bad thing was we should have scored atleast one goal before halftime, then we would have battered them.
2) Defence along with Matic have been immense in these last 3 games.
3) The Rashford and Martial problem is a great one to have.
4) Pogba should be less selfish and pass to others in the final third.
5) Our fullbacks need to be upgraded. They had so much space and neither did anything from it. Valencia should play the ball faster and learn to cross properly.

Overall another comfortable game. We look like a proper Mourinho team. If we lead by 1-0, it's very hard for the other team to come back.

Cloud7

If Lukaku had scored his penalty there's every chance this could have ended up a 4-0 again.

That being said, comfortable win. We could really use some improvements in full back, especially at RB. Valencia, for all the getting up and down that he does, very little ever seems to come of it.

Manchie

3 points, didn't concede a goal and we dominated the game from start to finish. Impressive!

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I prefer Rashford starting, he seems to be more in the flow with the team and spots good movement. I didn't like Martial movement in the first half, he needs to stay wide and work with fullback instead of going into the middle. He's deadly in the closing stages of the game though.

Player Ratings

6.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 703 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Man Utd 3:1 Leicester
  • 20% Man Utd 3:0 Leicester