PL D FA Premier League

Leicester City 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 23 December 2017

SalfordRed1960

Rashford has become brain dead, always making shit decisions.

Overall attacking play was pretty good, particularly with Pogba and Lingard movement.

Do not understand logic of bringing Smalling back on and marking their most dangerous player for balls in box. Jones and Matic bottljng it.

Other results go our way and we still feck up.

Subs as usual contribute feck all, there never seems to be a plan.

wolvored

Dont care. Top 4 in the bag. Just silly how many chances we wasted.

Also, Smalling should never have been playing at the back after his injury. Cant defend. Just creates confusion
Dont count your chickens yet.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Had to miss the game but honestly shouldn’t be dropping points against 10 men and in the lead. Absolutely criminal.

DavidDeSchmikes

Bottle job, choke job, some of these players deserve a lump of coal in their Christmas stocking

iportman

Rashford is the most selfish player I have seen in ages.
That's not selfishness that's a lack of intelligence something he shares with lingard , smalling and Jones . The sooner this team starts with no English players the better.

Werd.

We are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

DevilRed

Leicester played with more heart and they were down to 10. Just goes to show you that there's something wrong with the mentality of this squad. A Fergie team would have never surrendered a lead so meekly.
Thats a load of shit. We played with heart. It was just the perfect storm of Smalling getting hurt and having no subs, whilst the attack wasted chance after chance and didnt have the selflessness to take the ball to the corner flag. Instead we went for glory.

Some blame must also go the coaching for not getting Matic or Pogba to replace Smalling at Centreback.

walkinhop

How can you not point any fingers to that wasteful lot? They had 4-5 chances to finish the game off and didn’t. And why is Smalling the last defender when he is clearly unable to jump?
So far, when we've had a bad game i've been able to spot clear issues with the tactics or curtain players. I've been angry at Jose and at others but today i'm not. It was a freak of a match where any other day we win comfortably. Different players missed their chances so pointing fingers is pointless imo

NeglectedGoat

Its odd because all of the team today bar Lukaku seemed content with holding out for a 2-1 win whilst he was the only one actively trying to kill the game off.

I'm all for keeping it in the corner etc. when its necessary but when we have a 2 on 1 situation to get a third goal and opt for a backwards pass that's absolutely unforgivable.

edgecutter

Smalling should fecking know if he can't move and decide whether he should be marking Maguire, he has been here long enough to have some common sense.

UpWithRivers

I don't understand how albrighten was allowed to whip in that exact cross three times in a row. We just sat back and let him do it.

siw2007

Can’t believe we blew the game. Against 10 men, we wasted so many chances, should have had a penalty. But then when Smalling went off it just spelt trouble.

It needed good game management and a bit of brains to see that game out. We lacked both and thus punished.

Jose is deluded if he thinks we are safe in our low block. We are not good at inviting pressure, we are just lucky when it pays off. Today we invited cross after cross and conceded in the end, which with Smalling injured was the most likely case.

United22

We are just doing it fecking wrong, defending with the wrong people at the wrong time

Oldyella

I would not be against Mourinho going out and buying another attacker to take the place of Martial and Rashford. The fecking level of performance from them is unbelievably shit, especially when you have one on one chances.
Nor me. We keep saying we dont want to stifle their playing time, but neither is doing enough at the moment to justify not looking for another attacker to bring in.

Member 90678

The most disappointing thing is we played well and should have been 4-1 up going into injury time!

prateik

In a normally functioning attack, Lukaku would be scoring more.
the attack is too disjointed. There is no clear way we play. All attacking players have their own styles..

The lingard miss was bad, but He did the right things.. I wouldnt be too harsh there. The Rashford one was insane. What the feck was he doing?

Here's the thing. As long as we dont collapse, we will finish in the top 4.. We need to start looking forward now. Give the CL a bit of a go.. see how far we can get there. Get the players in as soon as possible and work on a system..

FA cup would be nice.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Go ahead, sit back, invite pressure, concede.
Our strategy for lots of games this season apparently.

We wouldn't catch City but we'd be a lot closer..... and more enjoyable to watch.

Don't care if we're second, this squad are weak - I don't know if it's Jose's fault, the players or both. No sense, no fight, no leaders.

Trizy

There is no sugar coating it anymore, it’s not just 1 or 2 player we need. Half our squad is pretty shit if you ask me. We are in a terrible state, finishing is shit, defending has gone shit, team spirit is shit, can’t close out games against 10 men, no urgency. All in all, shit.
The irony of buying a £75m striker to replace our lack of goal scorers only for him to be a down step from Rooney.

If Lukaku doesn't score he does feck all all game. Compare him to Kane who ever if he doesn't score is a brilliant baller.

Irrational.

Fecking would to lose 2 points there.

Why was smelling back in the middle - terrible decision making by the players. Should have won that comfortably.

Jose should rip them a new one - hung on to baggies got embarrassed by Bristol and then had our pants pulled down by a 10 man Leicester.

Gutted.
Blame that on that donkey Herrera. Jones realised straight away and tried to get Lindelöf in the middle. Herrera refused to go to right back.

Dogshit player. To consolidate a lead we're better bringing piece of cheese on.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Right. Merry Christmas everybody! Match is gone now. Nothing we can do. Moving on.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
One of our better performances in the last weeks and in the end it's still a underwhelming day :(
Awful composure from our team, we look more like Liverpool or Arsenal than City. We have luck that City is the only elite team in the league and that the others are inconsistent too.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Need another 500m to even compete with City, or need new manager. Hard choice.

Thiim

Are all our players mentally challenged? Honestly, this is some next next level madness. Smalling and Jones with the combined IQ of a turtle, Rashford completely shits his pants when given a goal-scoring opportunity. Lingard, while making a great run, simply can't miss from there. What the feck was going on with our attacks in the final 15 minutes? Mental. Only saving grace is that it really doesn't matter anymore. That's at least until we drop enough silly points to see our top 4 place in danger.

Christmas (almost) ruined.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
A distinct lack of accountability right now. There appeared to be no leadership at the back with player arguing about how to see out the game. Should have been obvious to move Lindelof to CB with Leicester pushing for a late equaliser. Both goals were amateur. The first was a classic counterattack where Leicester forwards showed far more hunger to score than we did to defend. The second was just as obvious with an injured defender. As for our forwards, how many chances did they need to score. It wasn’t just the chances missed but the chances not even taken at all. Lukaku and Mata can come off with their heads held high, Pogba and Matic were fine, but the rest of them all made individual errors or can have the finger pointed in their direction.

We can console ourselves with the fact that the league had already gone, but we just went out of one cup with another last minute goal and have now conceded another. We won’t be winning any trophies playing like this.

DeafMUFC

Shambolic - no urgency on the ball in the final third and no urgency or desire off the ball all over the pitch! Spineless bastards!

Redag12

Two games in a row with stoppage time let downs. Absolutely inexcusable. A clinic on how not to finish. We need a mentality change in addition to new players. I think the rebuild is going to take a few more years.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The missed sitters were obviously bad, and something should have been done about Smalling because he shouldn’t have been who was on McGuire on that last free kick, but the thing that really sticks out to me and angers me is that breakaway we had a couple minutes or so before Leicester equalized...

I mean, wth is Rashford doing jogging to the ball, then holding onto it instead of playing in a wide open Lukaku...?

The game could have been killed right there, there was “blood in the water” and we should have attacked, but he just sat on the ball. I don’t get it.
Totally agree. Put LUKAKU through and it's game over

Macern

Pee pee pants
fecking this, what exactly was the plan. This happens every time we take a lead, we just give up playing any type of football.
I’ve literally never seen anything like it. It’s absolutely pathetic how whenever there’s a lead the players just turn off completely. There has been some exceptions to this when they’ve gone up in the lead late in games, but in most cases it’s beyond awful how the team plays when in the lead.

MrBest

Should of won that game easily. Not because we played well but because Leicester were rubbish. Martial rubbish attempt, lingard and rashford bad attempts to round the keeper and rashford again at the end shluld bloody laid that to lukaku who was screening for the ball.

Why are we lacking so much desire. We don't chase the ball down we wait for them to press us, we take an eternity on the ball we can't finish we have so many average players here still. Man city are probably 30 points from the title. That's 10 wins which they will probably do by march. I'm fed up of this group of players and Jose. If rather play blistering football and finish 4th or 3rd than play dismally pathetic gutless parking bus football and grind to 2nd. 5 years this has gone, probably close to 1 billion spent and this is all we can produce.

Merry Christmas City, enjoy your title!

pascell

Swap Smalling with Matic, move Lindelof into RCB and Mkhitaryan RWB, 3 points.

No intelligence at all from our players, the inability to react to certain in game situations is what costs you points and it's happened here.

Think Rashford needs to be dropped for a good few games too, too casual today and his decision making is shocking and the fact there's no sign of it improving is alarming.

Jacko21

All self-inflicted. Will leave most of our players mentally shot.

All whilst City grow stronger. Gonna be some party for them in May. Our lot need to suck it up.

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 407 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Leicester 0:2 Man Utd