PL D FA Premier League

Leicester City 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 23 December 2017

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

What went down in the last 15 minutes is as for from professional football I think I have ever seen in the Prem. Where is the leadership when Smalling gets injured? Jones is all around him talking to him, saying what? It's apparent that Chris can hardly run. Mourinho is very hard on his players, and we've often heard him slate players in the press for not playing through pain. Chris does obviously not have enough character to be true to himself and actually walk of the pitch in this moment. But where are the other leaders? Pogba - the team captain? Jones, who it must have been clear to that Smalling couldn't be trusted to defend? If they were winners, if they would have dared to want to win at all costs - why didnt they make sure that the team worked the last few minutes?

This farsical lack of leadership and management actually made me indifferent to the loss of points. It is well deserved.

On another note. Lukaku must be absolutely pissed after this result. The amount of times his teammates could have but him open on goal was plentiful the whole game, but what sticks to my mind was the last moment when Rashford decided to do feck all than to kill off the game, after he himself squandered a perfect opportunity to take care of the business himself.

Also when Lukaku wanted to play Herrera through but Herrera decided to stop and again do feck all, which he atleast got a well deserved bollocksing from Lukaku and myself.

Mal donaghy

I curse my dad for inflicting me with supporting this shower of shite!! Why didn’t he pass on stamp collecting or train spotting!! After 40 yrs I’m in too deep to just stop this damaging habit of being a united fan.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It was entertaining and apparently that's all that matters, right?

TRD

We need players who know how to score goals. So many easy chances wasted.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
It's fecking shambolic that we can't keep hold of the ball even when the other team is down to ten me. Why is our tactic is to get the lead, then surrender all possession and not attack? We can't string two passes together when we take the lead, it's diabolical to say the least! Just feck off.

Kapardin

It was Jose's fault he bought Martial off for Rashford, unless he was injured, it was a foolish move. Martial was our best player tonight. Never brings Lukaku off, barring a couple of chances created, he was crap. Looked at his movement all game, 9 times out of 10 he stood ball watching on the edge of the box.
Not this again, please.

mav_9me

So fecking pissed off... Time and again. Why the fecking feck do we sit back and defend against 10 men? At some point you have to use your brain.

And now the manager is going to come out and blame the players as if he has nothing to do with it.

RORY65

The irony of buying a £75m striker to replace our lack of goal scorers only for him to be a down step from Rooney.

If Lukaku doesn't score he does feck all all game. Compare him to Kane who ever if he doesn't score is a brilliant baller.
I thought Lukaku's build up play was very good today in fairness but he is a bit uninspiring for a club with our budget and ambitions. Most of the squad is like that though, it does show how lacking the club is in people who know football that we've spent 3/4 of a billion and yet we always have several pretty average players on the field.

Blue always red

Honestly, anyone who defends Smalling and Jones after that last 10 mins or so when Smalling is clearly injured doesn't understand football. He should of went somewhere out the way and moved someone like Matic to the back if we weren't subbing him off.
Re-watch the Sky footage. In the 91st minute Jones tells Herrera to go RB and brings Lindelof in moving Smalling into midfield. Herrera refuses.

hubbuh

If this was North Korea we could at least dish out some corporal punishment. Our geographical location has fecked us

GM K

I am gutted.

How in the world did our biys throw that away?

That's classic bottling of a game.

By the way, Pogba should not be captain. First of all, he really doesn't lead on the pitch. Secondly, he has had bad luck almost every time he has had that arm band on. Either gets injured or the team drops points.

Dr. StrangeHate

They weren't dominating us, they were punting hopeful balls in the box which rarely come off. Smalling injury messed us there.
We were rightly counterattacking at the end resulting in us getting atleast 4 clear cut opportunities. The players played like special needs children in the final third.

AkaAkuma&

Now City have the most points, most goals and the best defensive record in the league. We fecking S**k, cannot even beat a 10 men team with a goal lead.

Toddler

We are a sad team at the moment. No cohesion, no collective play. And we can see it through the performances of our attacking play, no combinations, bad decision making and pretty bad games from Martial and co. Rashfords cameo was abysmal, no single good thing. I think Martial is playing okay, but he has to score those chances. I also think that our midfield is not doing enough, we are so one sided coming through the left with Martial but there's no support from midfield and other attacking players to hack through defenses. We saw today how many time Martial was surrounded by three player for Christ sake and then no single passing lanes. And then of course idiotic defensive play against 10 men Leicester, sad.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We need to buy some attackers in January. These attackers have no willingness to shoot. And when they do, they miss.
Rashford was terrified to go 1 on 1 with the keeper. He had absolutely no fight in him.
Lukaku and Mata were our only attackers who desperately wanted to score goals. Martial was trying to create.
Miki - was being Miki. Absolutely useless in attack.

nikineil

This may be the gut wrenching feeling talking, but most of our central defenders need to leave. Smalling, Jones can’t stay fit. Blind isn’t rated. But that last goal was partially Mourinho’s fault. If he hadn’t publically slaughtered Smalling last season for not playing through his injury, he wouldn’t have wanted to stay on the pitch now.

I would not blame Smalling for the dropping of points though. For that the blame squarely lies on our woeful finishing that’s been our Achilles heel for two seasons now.

Rant over. Weekend over. Title race over. 2017. Over.

Cpt Negative

So frustrating knowing that every game for the rest of the league season pretty much means feck all

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Whoever said that Lukaku was surrounded by morons was absolutely spot on.
He absolutely was tonight. Unbelievable from them. He was great tonight and nearly every fecker let him down.

And Rashford! Well...

Strachans Cigar

Obviously, we were wasteful tonight & should have been out of sight.

Thought Rashford should have had a penalty though.

On a positive note, thought Mata played very well.

Bwuk

Re-watch the Sky footage. In the 91st minute Jones tells Herrera to go RB and brings Lindelof in moving Smalling into midfield. Herrera refuses.
If that's the case fair play to Jones, and then it doesn't excuse Smalling who could of said what's what, considering he's more senior than Herrera in this squad.

Honestly it's ridiculous. Sunday league teams deal with a situation like this better.

Member 90678

Still got steam coming out my ears!!

So naive from Rashford, injury time and all he has to do is take it into the corner.
Poor finishing and decision making has let us down tonight.

Rashford, Martial and Lingard :houllier: must have borrowed the donkeys shoes tonight:mad:

Neuron

Yeah Lukaku was excellent today, I thought his team mates really let him down.

That aside, I'm not even that mad. League is pretty much gone. As long as we safely finish 2nd or 3rd, I'm not too fussed.

JG3001

How the feck is that on the manager? That none of our attackers can fecking finish for shit?
Ultimately this game is on the attackers today, but I get why people are still wound up with Mou.

Negative subs, and playing against 10 men we were backing off when they were clearly gonna go for hoof ball into the box. Henry on Sky was right, what on earth are they doing backing off and allowing the crosses to come in?

Zlatattack

fecking bollocks.

Conceded a last minute goal which has meant dropping 2 points. Right in the same weak all our other opponents did. Pissed off at the lost opportunity more than the draw.

Marcky411

They're down to 10 men, so where's the logic in taking Lingard off and Herrera on?
Only Mourinho will know but by the look of things these players are just as useless as 2 years ago under LvG, then LvG too was also at the beginning of losing the dressing room. Also started around this time of the year.

Jacko21

Would like to be a fly-on-the-wall in our dressing room right now.

Can imagine that's the straw that broke the camels back for some.

I'd like to thinks so anyway.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Some shocking decision making today. I cannot believe the two chances Rashford had and the chance to slip Lukaku in.

Gotta feel sorry for Lukaku today, he made the runs and nobody found him.
This a 100%. Rasford, to be critical of him, screwed it up. Martial as well should have buried his chance.

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 407 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Leicester 0:2 Man Utd