PL D FA Premier League

Leicester City 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 23 December 2017

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Disappointing but not deserving of the full on meltdown it's getting.
We were up 2-1, against 10 men.
We should've been cruising.
Once they went down to 10 men, we shat our pants and they attacked us hard. They had passion. They had power, pace.
Vardy - 1 chance, 1 goal.
Our attackers - multiple chances and no goals (except Mata).

Darkhorsez

Well this is what happens when we miss so many sitters. What do we expect playing away from home that they won’t push for a goal - throw bodies from the back? To be honest, I am not as much pissed with the misses as to the lack of urgency Rashford had in putting the through ball with 2 mins to go. I have been so patient and defiant defending our team but today was simply unacceptable. It’s ok for me to watch the game in the comfort of my home, the have a couple of beers and move on. What about our amazing away fans who paid a lot of hard earned money to go to the match. I feel gutted for them and they deserve more. Other than a few of our players, the rest should take a serious look in the mirror and get their shit together ASAP.

alsabi

We have 12 points more than we did at this stage a year ago. Doesn't mean the result/performance wasn't infuriating tonight, but there you go.

iportman

Not this again, please.
Yes again this please , Jose is playing to the English theatre by playing rashford . Let's ask this question how close to the first team would a brainless clown like Rashford be at Barca or Madrid ,?

Fully Fledged

Of course not. I'm not happy with it. But we arent getting anywhere close to City. Title talk is delusional..
The next target is CL qualification...

I wont be too stressed about every dropped point in the league. I'll take 3rd + CL semis or better.. Or 3rd + the FA cup.
It wouldn't be if we didn't keep dropping stupid points like tonight.

DevilRed

We should have put them away by at least 2 or 3 goals.

Shame that Jose wont get rewarded with the 3 points today. We played them off the park for most of the match, only to lose our heads in the final few minutes. We've probably also lost Smalling for another 4-5 matches now. Typical.

It will take another two transfer windows to properly compete with the best in Europe and the blue shite at the top of the league. We are definitely a formidable team that just needs a few pieces and some maturing.

DavidDeSchmikes

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho, speaking to Sky Sports: "We didn't win because missed incredible chances. I would say joke chances.

"We made a big defensive accumulation of mistakes in an easy match to win. I talked to the players at half time when it was 1-1 that it was an easy match to win.

"The reality is that it is 2-2. Sometimes you make mistakes and are not punished by that. I feel great. One thing to feel angry as manager and another thing to feel great as a man.

"We were punished by our mistakes. It was an easy match to win, we did everything to win but when you lose big chances. Childish loss of possession, so easy. Childish in their box and childish in our box. We were punished in two points."

chb23

So fecking pissed off... Time and again. Why the fecking feck do we sit back and defend against 10 men? At some point you have to use your brain.

And now the manager is going to come out and blame the players as if he has nothing to do with it.
Guess what? He didn't have anything to do with it. He couldn't have predicted Rashford's brainfart not to play Lukaku in

Werd.

Jose bang on about the missed chances. A fecking joke.

Kapardin

Yes again this please , Jose is playing to the English theatre by playing rashford . Let's ask this question how close to the first team would a brainless clown like Rashford be at Barca or Madrid ,?
I agree with you on Rashford. I maintain that he is a Welbeck/Walcott level player at best. But Martial is not the best thing that people hype him to be, and he certainly was not our best player tonight. His miss cost us, while Mata scored 2 goals.

Carolina Red

Staff
It was Jose's fault he bought Martial off for Rashford, unless he was injured, it was a foolish move. Martial was our best player tonight. Never brings Lukaku off, barring a couple of chances created, he was crap. Looked at his movement all game, 9 times out of 10 he stood ball watching on the edge of the box.
I have to say, I disagree with pretty much everything you’ve said here.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Some ridiculous overreactions in this thread.

Should have won this easily, players miss chances but why did we sit back and invite pressure again?
Players should have made it safe but should have kept hold of the ball.

Bad first goal to give away and Smalling should have gone off or at least taken out the middle at the end.
Rashford has been off form for a while and seems to have lost all confidence.

Mata and Lukaku best players.

We played quite well until they went down to 10 men.
DDG had almost nothing to do.

ijc

A wry smile genuinely broke out when Maguire scored that. Still top of "the best of the rest table".

Ludens the Red

Jose Mourinho:
“We missed joke chances. It was an easy match to win. The result should be 4, 5, 6. We were punished by our mistakes and what more can I say. Childish loss of possession and in the end no maturity. The players did not react (to Smalling). Childish.”
Coulnt have put it any better. This team has some serious growing up to do.

wolvored

Cruising against 10 man Leiscester & he wants to shut up shop? Then he wastes his last sub with 10 mins to go with Mkhi coming on, really odd moves imo.
Agree with you but I'm just saying Mou shits himself instead of going for it against 10 men

Ace of Spades

I’ve literally never seen anything like it. It’s absolutely pathetic how whenever there’s a lead the players just turn off completely. There has been some exceptions to this when they’ve gone up in the lead late in games, but in most cases it’s beyond awful how the team plays when in the lead.
It is pathetic, where exactly does this come from. Absolute brainless stuff, no adapting to the situation.

red_devil83

Martial, Rashford and Lingard all spurned chances to kill the game. Should've passed it to Lukaku.

We really should've won this

unitedirish1985

It wouldn't be if we didn't keep dropping stupid points like tonight.
Champions win games they should draw or lose. Look at City, some of their results in Dec were due to a late winner. That's why we won't be Champions.

Our strikers panicked in front of goal tonight and cost us the win tonight.

Great game to watch from an entertainment point of view. Up there with with the recent arsenal game in terms of end to end play. More like the united of old.

cyberman

Its a freak result, it'll be a long time before we see 1 missed chance like that but 3 and being denied a clear pen by a ref 5 yards away and then lose our best header of the ball in defence?
Its so freaky Im not even mad, we battled back well and played some good football going forward.

Son Of Sam

This game just proves exactly why in this position that should always be the answer.
But we had a man advantage and yet it didn’t look like it. At a point, Rashford had the ball around the touchine. I was expecting a give & go, Rashford passed the ball and completely stopped. He just stood there like a zombie when he could have ran to receive the ball and get 1v1 with the goalie.

We aren’t just good enough. Rashford infuriated me today with shit decisions and laziness. He was a substitute, why was he not breaking his back to get a goal to kill the game? We could have scored 5-7 goals after their defender got sent off.

Ban

Calm down.

Aniefiok

Mata was class. Our players are so average, this is painful. I stayed up for this

el3mel

I just fecking hope this doesn't lead to the previous season getting repeated again and we start seeing these misses more frequently, as it's predictable with our immaturity.

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 407 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Leicester 0:2 Man Utd