PL D FA Premier League

Leicester City 2:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 23 December 2017

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
So now you have a problem with his instructions... Surely that's then Mourinho's fault?

Even ignoring the stupid idea that a striker should never leave the oppositions penalty box..

Lets say his team mates finish the 3 sitters he created today, we win 5-1 with 3 assists to his name, would you be coming on here posting we need to "get shut of Lukaku"?

Carry on with the agenda posting.
Yes it’s an agenda that our number 9 has no first touch. Jeez.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I've had a christmas party with my friends (party's a stretch, we just got wasted) and I haven't seen the match, but going by the proceedings I think it's done well to my heart. What the actual feck has happened there?

minoo-utd

He could be referring to Herrera
Whatever of it's Herrera or some others but the question remain why players don't follow the manager instructions in a defining moment of the game? It leads to a bigger question IMO turned on the manager?

Josep Dowling

What I don’t understand is if your CB has a groin strain why wasn’t a switch made? Lindelof could have been moved to CB and someone could drop to RB.

Even for one of the corners Smalling ended up marking Vardy. Granted he won the header but Vardy could have easily got the better of him. And on top of this if he can’t jump why was he in the box? This could have confused the rest of the backline who thought that space was being dealt with only for him not try to jump and Maguire scores.

The most frustrating thing is the complete lack of conviction to kill the game. Rashford could have run down that wing and created chances. Instead he slowed to a jog. This hasn’t just happened tonight, it has happened in numerous games with numerous players.

I’m trying to figure out if this is Jose’s doing because of his conservative approach means attackers won’t take a risk as they are out of shape defensively. I just can’t believe we were 2-1 up being put under pressure again 10 men. Our wingers were playing as full backs. Why did we go so deep? That’s to me is the manager’s instructions.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Didn't watch the match but watched the highlights. Those were enough for me to knkw we bottled it.

I love United, but feck me I can really hate this team at times. We're absolute bottlers.

2-1 up against 10 men, we miss an open goal and a 1vs1, and we feck it up in 94th minute.

fecking do one. Can we just fast forward to Feburary so we can actually play a match that actually has some meaning to it? Champions league or bust now to make this season not pointless.

City have literally killed the league before Christmas Day.

IrishRedDevil

Watch the chance. Any other forward in the league gets onto that and finishes it. Argue against that all you want.
I've just seen your post in the Lukaku thread so now I realise the nonsense you are trying to spin. Maguire got a vital touch on the ball that took it away from him.

Also, Lukaku set up two great chances that Martial are Lingard totally wasted with awful finishing. He should of had 2 assist. What on earth do you mean that he didn't contribute? Did you even watch the match?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
No leaders..... no-one who puts his foot on the ball, keeps possession/calms things down, shouts at players, kicks an opponent.

Too many average players/no squad strength.

De Gea and Pogba top class players but De Gea will always have the lure of Spain and Pogba has shown that he'll move if doesn't think he's at the right club. Buy a couple more players who take us forward, they could stay..... Buy rubbish or nothing, they could leave. Scary.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
United are the only team in the league that can turn having a man advantage into a handicap.

minoo-utd

My gut tells me we’re still 2 or 3 windows away from repairing the damage done by moyes and LVG. These types of results can be traced back to their shit reigns
Maybe you are right. But players spent like a season and a half with Jose now and some of them still has no confidence and learn nothing those must be gone and Jose should addresses them sooner rather than later after the Bristol and this one he said lots of words and it means alot he should react and those players must be out of our club. But the issue is Jose him self might be gone as well I'm afraid.

mckr13

Embarrassing on so many levels! shocking decision making, in-game management abysmal, laziness in lack of pressing, poor penetration, awful finishing. That coupled with bang average players. How far we have fallen is actually akin to Liverpool in the 80's. The deadwood need moved on asap, bring in kids who have heart desire and hunger to succeed. On another note serious attention is needed to our recruitment policy going forward.

Giggs86

This is unacceptable. Feel bad for Mourinho that he's stuck with such unintelligent players.

Instead of finishing them off we had two contenders for miss of the season and braindead tactics in the last minutes.

SAF would've never allowed this shit to happen. Hope Mourinho serves them with a nuclear hairdryer.

Josep Dowling

Four years and another managed has not gotten us to play some kind of attractive, attacking football CONSISTENTLY.
Well this is the board’s fault because they have hired manager’s that just don’t fit with the ethos of attacking style of the club. Barcelona don’t always hire a big name but they select a manager who fits their style.

I have always been a huge Jose fan and I still believe he will get it right. This team is not complete yet. There is still a lot of shite left over from LVG’s transfer mess.

Member 5225

This is unacceptable. Feel bad for Mourinho that he's stuck with such unintelligent players.

Instead of finishing them off we had two contenders for miss of the season and braindead tactics in the last minutes.

SAF would've never allowed this shit to happen. Hope Mourinho serves them with a nuclear hairdryer.
errrr he can sell them. But no, 'they're really nice lads' - getting tiring FFS (and btw I fecking LOVE Jose)...

dogwithabone

Some of our football was great on the eye and I really don’t get the criticism about our style. No, it’s not swashbuckling as it was under SAF but it’s still a very decent brand we are playing.

There was some shocking decision making in attack by us in the second half. Twice we could have easily laid players in for a tap in with a simple sideways pass and both Rashford and Lingard were far too casual in finishing. I don’t think Kane, for example, takes either of those around the keeper. He’d draw the keeper and slot it past him.

Albrighton put over three superb crosses in the last two minutes and the quality was so good that you could see a goal coming.
We let him cross the ball though, there wasn’t a player within 10 yards of him and it was as if we were saying ‘go in then put it in we will deal with it’.

Mourinho is bang on - an immature performance and an arrogant one too albeit with some great football at times.

Achilles McCool

This team is riddled with bottling mentality
I fecking hate football, bunch of fecking pussies the lot of then
Go ahead, sit back, invite pressure, concede.
So many useless cnuts in our team
I agree!! Even though we’ve got the biggest (or tallest) squad, we’re a bunch of pussies that have no fighting spirit (or any spirit for that matter!!)
Sack Jose! Sell squad! Just kidding, but seriously, wtf?

It's B Rubble

The shit finishing doesn’t even annoy me, it’s the fact we can’t take a ball to a corner flag. Thick twats.
I literally said this to a Scottish bloke at my bar (midtown NYC). Go to the corner Rashford!! Pogba also guilty of trying that Bollywood pass to Lukaku, instead of hitting it to Rashford on the wing. The game was in the bag, Leicester had dropped off, down to 10 men, and yet we still looked like a bunch of seals without a trainer. Its quite infuriating yelling at a tv in a pub, after your team put 10 people behind the ball with 30 minutes left. It looked like we had the 10 men and it boggles my mind that we NEVER press as a team. One or two players will press and the rest watch, its pathetic; Footballers get paid to train, yet dont have the energy to press for a full 90. Everyone seems to forget we used to play with immense energy with SAF, if we had Pep with this squad would he get them running and fit*?

*I actually dont know how he got De Bruyne to play like Kante.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This United team just can't deal with expectation. Utterly spineless. We probably would have won that against 11 men, but the fact they had 10 made us shit ourselves. The state of the finishing. The state of the performance in those last few minutes. Even Liverpool would have seen that out after the red card (actually they would have won 4/5-1).

We have to go and buy some attacking players in January who are clinical. Even then I think the mentality of the squad is fecked. The bigger picture is that in the post-SAF era we just can't handle the pressure. It may be years before the mentality changes.

Castia

Defence is absolutely dreadful.

Sooner Jones and Smalling are replaced the better.

Load of bollocks.

We should have been about 5-1 up against 10 men and we go and take a attacking player off to close up shop with Herrera.

To add insult to injury Jones was trying to reorganise the defence and was told to stfu by Herrera leaving Smalling on the pitch for 10 minutes unable to fecking move.

Who the feck goes cautious whilst creating chances against 10 men? he took Mata of was arguably man of the match and also took of Martial who had clauses problems down the left all game it made absolutely no sense and we paid for it.

Fecking shit result, probably the hardest one to take all season due to the utter stupidity of it all.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That was pretty stupid.

My dad lost about 600 pounds on that goal, he's livid.
That’s a lot of weight for one match. My nerves were shredded too but I can’t say I lost that much

Jagga7

Missed the game but reading the comments we blew it with a shit load of missed chances. We're not going to catch City this season, it's a disappointing result but it's not fatal.

I'm more encouraged that we actually created chances and didn't sit back on the lead like usual. Late goals can happen, it sucks but it happens.

Acole9

Outstanding
Feels like a defeat, an absolute sickener. Some of the tactical decisions were just bizarre, I get that we're trying to keep players as fresh as possible but to take Lingard off for Herrera was the complete wrong decision. If we were to play defensively to see the match out (I'd rather we didn't!) why didn't we just leave an injured Smalling up the top of the pitch and bring other players back just to fill in his role, we were effectively down to ten men.

On the subject of seeing matches, I'm sick of seeing it, the best form of defence for us is to attack. It has been proven time and time again that our defenders are not capable of seeing matches out. Mourinho needs to realise that we don't have defenders as good as Terry and Carvalho in their pomp who would just clear the decks.

Another thing about us defensively that annoys me is the way we defend like a Championship team. Every time we hoof the ball away and then the other team come back and just pile pressure on us again. This should be a last resort thing for us, we should be trying to play the ball out and get up the pitch to hopefully start an attack.

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 407 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 25% Leicester 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% Leicester 0:2 Man Utd