PL L FA Premier League

Leicester City 4:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 16 October 2021

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Ole isnt a united legend.. hes a sub who got on the end of a off target header last minute to win a huge game. hes the worst manager in the prem.. worst than steve bruce.. newcastle genuinely play better more cohesive football than us. ole might actually be the worst manager in europes top 5 leagues. and the 6th as well.
Are you 4?

RomfordRed75

There can be no more excuses, he has the players he wanted and this is the season to really deliver, but we have regressed dramatically.
He has to go now as I doubt we'll get more than a couple of points out of Liverpool, City, Spurs, Chelsea or Arsenal.

stw2022

The slide was always there for 2 years. But many were fooled by the little humps between the slides.
Yep. This utter nonsense about having to pretend we can’t see what’s in front of our eyes because we think it makes us look like better fans to deny reality needs to feck off permanently.

ShinjiNinja26

I think we’re at the mentally checking out stage, where you’re still watching the games but not really giving a shit because you’re just expecting poor performances and counting down the games till Ole’s sacked.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
The worst is that Leicester was awful as well.
This! They didn't even press well. Allowed us time and space. Lumped it forward.
And we still dragged them into the game, gave them belief and made them look like prime Barcelona.

OneUnited24

This game is the clearest example yet that coaching is an issue.

Cant blame it all on Maguire, even though he was poor.
100%. Our midfield is bypassed so easy and we lack clear patterns of play. It’s just get it to the attackers and hope for the best. Shocking.

Positives
Credit to Ole he is learning. Hear me out, when we were drawing vs Everton he was smiling, today you could see he was trying very hard not to smile and look very serious.. when we went behind he was sucking his lips in so clearly he’s learnt not to express whatever childish thoughts are going through his head when we’re drawing or losing. It’s a start…

Todd

Absolute embarrassment. Some streams of consciousness at the moment:

-Maguire needs to be dropped after that stunt he pulled on the first goal. He should be absolutely embarrassed that he just stood there and let that happen. If I were manager his ass would've been subbed out on the spot.

-AWB is a ticking time bomb, dude makes some awful decisions on challenges. I see more red cards in his future this season.

-I genuinely feel bad for De Gea. He has been in top form so far this season but has a shambolic defense in front of him.

-We will not keep a clean sheet from here on out in the league. If there's one thing we can count on, it's that our defense is going to do at least a couple of stupid things each game that will result in a goal being conceded.

-Ronaldo must be kicking himself for not going to City.

We are going to get absolutely run by Liverpool, and it's very clear that we are not challenging for a top 3 spot any time soon. It's going to be a battle to get 4th.

Pronewbie

Peep
At the end of the year if we are out of the running in the big 2 competitions then Ole has to go. Love the man and am grateful for what he's done, but our defensive setup 2 months in is still a shambles. Not getting a world class DM is costing us dearly.

leontas

Horrendous display. The players didn’t look up for it and the decision to rush Maguire back backfired tremendously. With the attacking talent we have we should be creating so many more chances than we currently do. And defensively we look lost - teams are ripping us apart.

We started the season more brightly and I wonder whether that has to do with having a more mobile forward like Greenwood play centrally than Ronaldo. But I feel ultimately this buck stops with Ole. He’s clearly out of his depth and needs to leave now.

van Nistelrooy

He wont, but Ole has to go.

What a waste of talent we are experiencing. This is criminal now.

r0663664

Worships Man City
There is always something wrong with this club, managers comes and go. This club is jinx, the day Alex retired. After 4 managers, we suck no matter how much we spend. Ole In or out, doesn't matter. This team will not win anything, unless it is Klopp or Pep arm with 800 million. Ole suck for sure, I didn't understand why his contract was renewed. People in this forum criticised me for not supporting him. Rushford was instant impact, Rashford should have started. Sancho was supposed to be our right midfielder yet he continues to play on the left. He hasn't impress me in all the games that he has played. McTominay on for Matic when we are losing, what is he suppose to do. I can never understand his logic in the games. Leicester score 2 more goals after McTominay introduction so what did he actually do. End of this season, Cavani will leave as he is unappreciated. Ronaldo will decide leave mutually, Pogba will find his way to Real and PSG. I don't even understand why Pogba is playing running down his contract. I don't mind that they leave as long as we have a capable manager who can win games.

Johnny Love

If the pattern is followed they'll come up big against Liverpool next week and that will buy Ole another few months.

simplyared

If there ever was a game trying to get a message over then it was that spectacle we all witnessed. So much talent producing so little! No point singling out individual players underperforming. It's all down to the manager, his knowledge, tactics, footballing brain, coaching ability, etc etc. The manager has lost the players it was there to be seen in the way we played today. For the good of the club he must be thanked for his contribution and shown the door. Anything else would be criminal

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Is it on Ole or on AWB and Maguire having mares?
I think it's both. The culpable players should hang their heads after that, and I hate modern footballers getting a pass while the boss gets all the flak but this management team is not good enough and we're going nowhere under them, end of story. Get a top team in who have the bonafides to take this squad of players to the next level, because while there's absolutely no shame in not being good enough for this desperately difficult job this lot don't have it.

As for the game today, the midfield and defence was an absolute disgrace. Basic picking up of men when the ball was in wide areas and from set pieces was non-existent, and Leicester strolled through onto the back four far too often. Maguire diabolical, rushed back by the looks of it, AWB and Shaw with under par performances, Pogba and Bruno nowhere, the rest of forwards huffing puffing to little avail. I saw Matic getting credit but he had some ropey moments himself, he is not a reliable man to start big games and he is unfortunately physically incapable of starting a couple in a week.

Absolute fecking rubbish, something has to change and fast or the season is out of the window.

OneUnited24

He wont, but Ole has to go.

What a waste of talent we are experiencing. This is criminal now.
I agree completely but i do worry if we sack ole (which we won’t) and keep the coaches. Honestly most have been there since Jose and has our football really changed ?

Rustyspider13

Yeah, it's done. I'd love nothing more to win a trophy with Ole in charge, but he and his staff simply can't cut it. Match after match after match of the same build up issues, misplaced passes and defensive errors.

If Maguire is unfit, which I hope he was because that is the only excuse for that 'performance', then don't play him. Pogba and Matic midfield has no legs at all, if Matic needs to be there for protection then don't play Pogba. The players will always say they are ready to play, it's Ole's job as a manager to make the big calls and he's failing at making them.

We were truly second best today. The lack of desire was obvious compared to Leicester's. So even Ole's best quality, his man management, is failing him. There is truly no redeeming point to his tenure at this moment.

It's highly likely that he'll see out the season as long as we are mathematically in the race for top 4. I've accepted that will be our goal for the season. But the board needs to start looking at other managers, right now. Focus on the coaching part of a manager's job because clearly our players need to be taught how to make basic passes and crosses.

I commend Ole for the squad he has built and some of the moments we've had under him were quite brilliant but he has taken this team as far as he can. I really, really hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid I'm not.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Nothing improves or changes, and it's becoming more obvious by the game, that Ole has no idea how to get a tune out of this side.

I don't see the point in writing off a season that is still salvageable. The correct interim manager can see us legitimately challenge for the league from this exact position, and that's what a squad with this much attacking talent should be striving for.

United Hobbit

Can someone post what he says please?

Can't wait to see the latest round of excuses

He has to go, we are fast going backwards

Foritfied

Long time defender of Ole, I must admit my stubbornness.

Basic issue is that he and his staff can't coach out poor habits. Pogba taking 11 touches to find a pass after bursting past their midfield is prime example.
Our defense is woeful. Midfield, passengers.

Ronaldo looking his age - this one hurts the most to admit. He's still brilliant and will get goals, but you can see he looks a foot slower to the ball.

CloneMC16

Too bad De Gea couldn't save us today. He's been saving our ass all season. Every other player was very bad. Our football is atrocious. We struggle to make any good chances. Almost every shot is from outside the box or a header from a set piece. We also look like conceding every single time the opposition attacks us. We don't look like a team at all. Individual players are not the problem.

Giggsy13

I really would like to hear what the Ole in mob’s argument now is of giving Ole more time. Do we need to be embarrassed and dragged thru the mud further against Atalanta and Liverpool? Conte would get this team clicking.

United Hobbit

Nothing improves or changes, and it's becoming more obvious by the game, that Ole has no idea how to get a tune out of this side.

I don't see the point in writing off a season that is still salvageable. The correct interim manager can see us legitimately challenge for the league from this exact position, and that's what a squad with this much attacking talent should be striving for.
Exactly. We should look at what Chelsea did with Lampard, another fan favourite, and look what return it got them. We won't, but we should.

With this squad, he should have nowhere to hide but if anything we are going backwards. Rapidly.

Okey

Worst thing about this result is, no one is truly shocked. That's what we've become. We've lost 2 weeks that we could have used to bed in a new manager if we were a forward thinking club. Heck, it should have been in the summer. Europa league beckons if we keep up this charade. Time to wake up and put what is a good team in the hands of a competent coaching team. It's becoming a joke, and not a funny one.

big_black_dog

Terrible game to watch.
Maguire was simply not ready.. he made mistake after mistake

lindeloff and maguire seem to stumble every time they were pressed. Imagine they are pressed by Liverpool or City..

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Beaten by a better team and schooled on what a midfield actually looks like.

Good to have Marcus back and banging one in. Massive bonus, not just a silver lining.

Ole is as good as gone, just not yet. I'm not arsed about it re this season as it will be a write-off regardless. The importance of the timing has far more to do with calls to be made, the earlier the better:

- Get shot of Pogba, has had enough opportunity to commit
- Don't build a side to suit Cristiano (we don't have it anyway)
- Don't run key players into the ground to save face/job
-Focus on building a side for the future, not next weekend

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 269 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw

Detailed Results