PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Leicester City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 02 April 2022

Old Soffbord

Usually claim that the Premier League is the best league of all.
But if my dear United can cling on to sixth place with the awful game and the miserable squad we have until now, I will probably have to re-evaluate that thing.
I probably want to claim at the moment that we are one of the worst teams in the league, maybe not "on paper" but definitely on the field.
Today, it's really only DeGea who gets approved, and he was not even good.
I can not stress enough how much I look forward to this season ending, then the board will decide if I look forward to the next, because this squad will never deliver what I consider to be United quality!

Brogey

We all have to realise that we are an absolute mediocre team. We are so far from becoming an elite team it's laughable. Dark times for another few years.

RedAlways78

Another slice of crap pie. I’m so done with this season. I wanted Pogba out last year.

ken11

When reading post-match threads, I'm always relieved I had something else I chose to do rather than watch these lot.

Andersons Dietician

It amazes me that the same issue that has been there since LVG was in charge is still there and still haunts us to this day.

Players just meander about with no intensity whatsoever. Only Fred plays at a pace you want a team to play at. Nobody sprints in to space to give the person on the ball options even if it’s just a simple 10 yard pass to the side to hopefully open something further forward. There is just no intensity, no tempo.

Today as well so often when there was the option to hurt them the crucial pass out was at a snails pace instead of firing it to the open man. It’s just laziness or fear, I can’t decide. Then there is the playing it behind the player thing. It’s all the time and from everyone of them, add in the stupid decisions to turn out certain directions or just not seeing the simple pass.

Its a complete mess and honestly I’d rather watch the kids given a chance than a lot of this lot. Maybe they’ll come with some sort of desire and a tempo that will hopefully hurt teams.

I’ve really just lost faith in this been turned around anytime soon or anyone at the helm of United having the foresight or patience to do what needs doing to try and catch up to City and pool.

big_jeffstar

Can’t post in his performance thread but I just don’t think Sancho is that good. I won’t pretend I watched him in the Bundesliga and I know his numbers were really good but we’ve already seen that that’s not a great indicator - just look at Werner’s reputation since he came to England.

The most frustrating thing about him for me is when he runs at someone he just doesn’t know what to do. It’s like he’s waiting for something to happen rather than actually taking the initiative, his lack of burst is a massive killer. He reminds me of Mata with worse technique. Other than nice passes to an overlapping full back I just don’t see what he’s good at.
wingers always look better when the fullbacks overlap and they’re left one on one, we just never seem to overlap, at all.. it’s almost as if they categorically refuse to do it.. and I don’t for one minute believe that three consecutive managers have told them not to, it’s essentially laziness..
I counted at least three times today there was a pass out to him, and he was stood infront of two defenders with no help.. he tried to knock it past them because he doesn’t really have any other options, at Dortmund he had fullbacks that understood their role, and it brought out the best in him. I hope to god we improve that whole fullback situation soon, it’s a massive part of our game that’s lacking

Billy Bullcrap

Supports
Wrexham
After watching today’s game I wonder who will pay a huge fee/wages to have Pogba in the team.
A new manager needs to get rid of the majority of the squad and accept a 3 year rebuilding plan.

Abraxas

It says a lot about Leicester at the moment that they didn't bury us today. That's the sort of performance a decent (but not great) side like Leicester would punish in recent seasons. Just totally insipid. But they're not looking much better, seems like Rodgers has hit a roadblock over there.

Resch

wingers always look better when the fullbacks overlap and they’re left one on one, we just never seem to overlap, at all.. it’s almost as if they categorically refuse to do it.. and I don’t for one minute believe that three consecutive managers have told them not to, it’s essentially laziness..
I counted at least three times today there was a pass out to him, and he was stood infront of two defenders with no help.. he tried to knock it past them because he doesn’t really have any other options, at Dortmund he had fullbacks that understood their role, and it brought out the best in him. I hope to god we improve that whole fullback situation soon, it’s a massive part of our game that’s lacking
We have no concept of bringing our strikers into any dangerous position. We need space to create, but are not able to create space. Not enough movement, no positioning, slow passes, sloppy passes, no players in the box...
So why should our fullbacks overlap? They would not create anything, because we have sometimes no players in the box, most of the time not enough.

Pearl.Jam

Seriously, what manager would want to buy into this shit show of a club right now..is ETH a masochist? It’s all I’m clinging to

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Only if the winning team doesn't make top 4. Otherwise there'll be no 5th spot.
I'd go all out for 5th in the (unlikely) event something happens about Chelsea's participation in Europe next season

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I'm thinking of starting a painkiller addiction.
Easier to just stop watching us, as I did a couple of months ago now.

Only watched the Spurs game as I trusted Spurs to cock it up more than any belief in this United vintage. Rest has been more a case of catching halves or monitoring progress.

I checked out with Greenwood, really. Sort of, "feck this shit, see you next season, what can I do with the next six months? => quit smoking, no hope, no run-in, now's the time!".

Delighted I did it.

Dansk

Seriously, what manager would want to buy into this shit show of a club right now..is ETH a masochist? It’s all I’m clinging to
Eh. He'll make a lot of money, and if he happens to succeed, he'll be hailed as a hero. If he doesn't succeed, he's almost blameless since he'll be the sixth consecutive manager who could do nothing with this dysfunctional club, and everyone will give him a pass. More importantly, there's not a lot of better jobs available if you want to move up in the world from Ajax. PSG will have a vacancy this summer, but they're probably trying to get Zidane, and I doubt they would go for ETH anyway because they're tunnel-visioning on the CL. Unless Pep or Klopp resign for some bizarre reason, or Tuchel gets sacked unexpectedly, the United job is pretty much the only big club with an opening this summer.

Loon

:lol:
Not many clubs look for a new manager when things are going well. United have always been a draw for managers. It was a shitshow when Ferguson came in. Ferguson (eventually) turned it around.

Hope is ten Hag (or whoever) can do the same.

Castia

Champions League is gone and we would be better without the Europa or Conference league next season, this season is done.

Play the kids. Why is Pogba starting games when he’s leaving on a free in just other a month? he publicly slated the club again whilst away with France, send him, Lingard etc on holiday or have them train with the reserves ffs.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
We are in dire straits at the moment make no mistake about it.
We are owned by a bunch of greedy cnuts who don’t care a bit about the club, our glorious club that has achieved so much and has such a storied history. It’s a crying shame that it has fallen into the hands of a bunch of bloodsucking leeches.
We have a squad of players who are being paid fortunes regardless of how they perform when the put the shirt on and cross the white line.Its clear that they don’t give a shit.
Down the years since I started supporting United in the late 60s we had great players, players who had tremendous amounts of skill and daring, flair players if you like. I have no doubt we still have that type of player.
But equally as revered amongst the United faithful was the player with fire in his belly. The scrapper. The likes of Crerand, Stiles, Law ( who had flair too) Buchan, Holton, Daly, Pearson, Robson , Moses. Whiteside , Moran , Keane. Ince, Hughes etc etc.
We have none of those “warrior type” now.
Signs on it.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
We are seriously dealing with a group of players who have already given up on top 4 when it was still a possibility. We have so many players who care about themselves and themselves only. Players who will more than likely not be here next season. We have been left in this situation by gross mismanagement from the board by allowing the squad to fall into this state. I hope we get Ten Hag next year, but I think fans will have to be ready for another brutal season while he sorts out this squad and gets the impostors out the door.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Champions League is gone and we would be better without the Europa or Conference league next season, this season is done.

Play the kids. Why is Pogba starting games when he’s leaving on a free in just other a month? he publicly slated the club again whilst away with France, send him, Lingard etc on holiday or have them train with the reserves ffs.
This. I don’t want to see Pogba or Shaw in a United shirt again.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Woeful match up until 1-1, then Leicester started playing some tasty football.

TheRedHearted

I disagree. The lower levels in Europe next year will be important to test the starting 11s strength in Europe and see who can perform abroad. Perfect mixture of fixtures for our manager to see who is right for the next year.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

We have to keep our coefficient up due to rule changes in next couple years

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I didn't see the game, I don't want to see the highlights even.

I bet the usual suspects were at it again.

Yakuza_devils

I still don't understand what this lot do in training. The amount of misplace passes from Sancho, McT, Bruno, Pogba and Fred were staggering. That's our entire midfield. Forget about the manager, the players should do the basic right first.

Elanga's purple patch is over and looking like Rashford, kick and run merchant.

Our defensive formation was a joke. The amount of space and time just outside the penalty box for the opponent to shoot or pick a pass was unbelievable.

Can't wait for the season to end to get a new capable manager and some hungry players in. This lot is done.

432JuanMata

We are the biggest club in the world. Write the cheque and get it done.
You must of forgot about the team that won more CL in 5 seasons than in our history during the last decade. I’m all for calling us a huge club but biggest in the world ? Cmon ?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It looked like exactly what it was - a boring puff fest from two mid table sides.

meamth

Same problem, can't pass the simple final ball right. How stupid our players can be?

Man of the Match

Fred image Fred 53% of 207 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 204 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw